• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

you have bought into the "judge not" myth.  A large vocal segment of society, usually people who don't even have a clue what the Bible says and never opened one, have taken ONE verse and have changed it's definition. The verse isn't even speaking of what they want it to mean - it is speaking of judging one's salvation - yet they have grabbed it and now self righteously proclaim that "no one is to judge another". Please. As a Christian, you shouldn't buy into that.

:rolleyes: Huh? :blink:

You mean "Judge not lest thee be judged" isn't the biblical justification for equal protection for anyone to be doing anything, anywhere at anytime without anyone saying anything about it? :huh:

Ok, that would be taking that verse a little on the extreme side, but seriously, you don't think it means that we shouldn't judge people? I guess I'm one of those that believed that judging others was wrong. Perhaps I have been reading that wrong and have bought into that definition too.

You mean I can tell someone that I think their lifestyle is sinful, immoral and just out right wrong, an abomination in the eyes of God just like the scriptures say and it'd be ok? Even if it hurts their feelings and makes me out to be mean spirited? Not to mention it'd probably make them never speak to me again.

Hmmm.....perhaps *I* need to read more scripture on judging others.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC

we are not told not to judge at all, but to judge by a biblical standard. meaning if you're out sleeping around with a bunch of people, don't judge someone else for living with their boyfriend or girlfriend.

it does not mean you can't rebuke or admonish another christian who is doing something which is not in accordance with christian behavior.

maybe i should reverse the order of that analogy... if you're living with your boyfriend or girlfriend, dont condemn someone who sleeps around with whomever is available.

Edited by LadyC

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

I don't believe that a flat tax system would work. The idea is to charge someone a propotional amount of tax to their cost of living compared to the poverty line. Take me for example I make as a mechanical engineer out of college with a wife and a son about ~35,000 per year. My living expenses, saving for retirement eat up about 28000 of that. I pay about 5,000 in taxes per year not including property tax and sales tax. if you were to remove 100% of my taxes the government would be out 5000 dollars but I would likely spend 4000 of that back into the economy.

Now take the person making ~1,000,000 per year. Unless they are living so far above their means it's ridiculous I doubt their living expenses (non disposable income) exceeds $250,000 per year. If they pay 40% taxes that means they have $350,000 of disposable income to work with. It is likely that a small life crisis like needing major car repairs or medical bill would not be a problem for this person. However, for me making $35,000 per year it becomes a huge problem especially with a family.

Taxing the person with 350 times the disposable income another 5% isn't going to hurt them as much as it hurts joe average making ends meet.

Making a lot of money also comes with greater social responsibilty and I think this was the general idea behind taxing rich people more.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

mobmain-vi.jpg

Be careful who you vote for. :rolleyes:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/19/1974

Thats sooo funny!

you have bought into the "judge not" myth.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

The true text of the verse is talking about salvation. Plus, hold it up against the myriad of other verses on judging actions and behaviors (again - see Strongs), and you will see that this "judge not" garbage is just more liberal feel good stuff, and an excuse to sin, sin, sin. The goal is to have a society where "anything goes" and there are no absolutes of right and wrong. Sound familiar?

Speaking of which, something I just thought of today for no apparent reason because I haven't seen it lately. Notice all the commercials about Las Vegas lately. "What happens in Las Vegas, Stays in Las Vegas"

What kind of trash advertising is that? I've never been to Las Vegas, but advertising like that makes me a lot less inclined to ever want to go there.

Guest LadyC

is this going to be yet another thread bashing a city that most of you know nothing about? sometimes it's hard not to take it personally. las vegas is a whole lot more than just what the tourists see.

Now, now, lady!!!! LOL!

C'mon - those ads are trashy!!!!!

(Don't throw anything at me, please?? :rolleyes::blink::blink::huh: )