IGNORED

Calvin vs. Arminius

Ovedya

What are your theological leanings: TULIP vs. DAISY?  

353 members have voted

1. 1. What are your theological leanings: TULIP vs. DAISY?

• 100% Calvinist - TULIP all the way!
    • 60% Calvinist 40% Arminian - Parts of TULIP are too absolute.
    • 50% Calvinist 50% Arminian - Both positions have merit.
    • 60% Arminian 40% Calvinist - Parts of DAISY are too absolute.
    • 100% Arminian - DAISY all the way!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1978

I ask this only out of curiosity: How would you explain the nature of God's love for Esau (cf. Mal. 1:3, Rom. 9:13)? ...what about the Amalekites (cf. 1 Sam. 15)?

Shalom,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1

This vital subject is not one for a rocket scientist. Wasn't it D.L. Moody or perhaps Charles Spurgeon who succinctly & scripturally put it thus - On the outside of the Door of Salvation these words ring forth: "Whosoever will may come!" I enter in by faith in the Son of God. I turn around & view the words on the inside of Salvation's Door: "Chosen in Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world!" A paradox? So too is knowledge of the God-Man, Jesus Christ the Righteous One, fully God, fully Man. The Bible fact is that the eternally-existent Creator-God was actually BORN! Man is called to look UP to the heavens to see the Lord; the Virgin Mary actually looked DOWN to view Deity IN HER ARMS! And to boot, VIRGIN-born, THAT TOO has to be clear paradox! Paradoxical, yes, but entirely true. Because something may transcend my reason doesn't mean that it necessarily contradicts my reason. Excellent Bible-based explanation to bring one up to speed on our so glorious everlasting salvation in Christ Jesus!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Guest Jude 1:3

During the past couple months, I've come to the point of complete acceptable of the Doctrines of Grace. I believe these Doctrines are true. However, preaching the Gospel of repentance to the unsaved is more important.

:emot-hug:

Way over my head!

I'm sure glad Jesus is both The Judge And my savior.....won't stand a chance otherwise!

It looks like both could be true, or at least Mercy and Grace mixed in with a healthy dose of "Watch It Bud!"......

I think it was Moody who said "election" is a doctrine only for the Church and it never should be discussed with the unbeliever.

:whistling: Botton line!

"Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God: Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever." (Psalm 146:5-6)

I think it was Moody who said "election" is a doctrine only for the Church and it never should be discussed with the unbeliever.

I would have to agree with that. :emot-highfive:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

For years, I was part of a holiness organization which saw Calvinism as (their term) "greasy grace." They had a lot of other choice terms for Calvinism and Calvinists, but this is the only one that comes to mind presently. They taught us that Calvinists all wallowed in their sin, celebrating it, loving it.

But in time -- a long time -- I began to realize that the problem in that organization, which called itself Arminian, was that they sinned, too! However, the difference between them and the Calvinists was that Calvinists admitted their sin; the people in this organization neither admitted their sins nor sought forgivness for them. Scary thought. It wasn't long after I fully understood this before I was out of there.

Now, I attend a place of worship in which the leaders/teachers teach Calvinism, but the congregation is of varying opinions with regard to this thought, as am I. While I accept most of Calvinism, I still have a few reservations.

While I accept most of Calvinism, I still have a few reservations.

Greetings Sideir!

I come from a "Holiness" background, too.

I'm curious to hear what your remaining reservations are.

• Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Greetings Sideir!

1. I struggle with OSAS. Just not sure. I do believe that salvation is not based on any works, so loss of salvation cannot be due to works, but I struggle with some of the Scriptures which appear to say that works can cause a loss of salvation
  2. I struggle a bit with predestination, although I see the evidence of it all through the Bible. Struggling with this idea makes me feel like I am questioning the wisdom of G-d, which is quite an uncomfortable thought.

• Content Count:  32

Greetings Sideir!

1. I struggle with OSAS. Just not sure. I do believe that salvation is not based on any works, so loss of salvation cannot be due to works, but I struggle with some of the Scriptures which appear to say that works can cause a loss of salvation
  2. I struggle a bit with predestination, although I see the evidence of it all through the Bible. Struggling with this idea makes me feel like I am questioning the wisdom of G-d, which is quite an uncomfortable thought.

Okay. Here is the post I was looking for! Sideir, above, is now "dead." I should not have signed on with this name. This is the "me."

7cworldwide, if you would discuss this with me, I would appreciate it! Thank you!!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  710
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/16/1984

Greetings Sideir!

Okay. Here is the post I was looking for! Sideir, above, is now "dead." I should not have signed on with this name. This is the "me."

7cworldwide, if you would discuss this with me, I would appreciate it! Thank you!!

you could have just asked to have your name changed