IGNORED

Calvin vs. Arminius

Ovedya

What are your theological leanings: TULIP vs. DAISY?  

353 members have voted

1. 1. What are your theological leanings: TULIP vs. DAISY?

• 100% Calvinist - TULIP all the way!
    • 60% Calvinist 40% Arminian - Parts of TULIP are too absolute.
    • 50% Calvinist 50% Arminian - Both positions have merit.
    • 60% Arminian 40% Calvinist - Parts of DAISY are too absolute.
    • 100% Arminian - DAISY all the way!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,059
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Why I can't be monergistic in thought framed from God's Word:

Eze 33:11
11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the
wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
KJV

Isa 46:10

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying,
My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

KJV
God's Own witness of His heart states God allows in His Sovereign Will that to exist outside of His designed
Will... or else you have a violation of basic logic 'law of non-contradiction' thus based on God's Word synergism
exists by the law of non-contradiction...  Love, Steven

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/25/1942

NEITHER - I'm a "Calvinist leaning Eclectic".

What's BIBLICALLY OBVIOUS is that the FATHER must DRAW A PERSON to the Son, OR THEY'RE NOT COMING.  The Holy SPirit gives CONVICTION OF SIN, without which Repentance is IMPOSSIBLE, and only under the conviction of SIN is Salvation possible - OR you can "cut and run" back into death.  When the Conviction passes (as it will) then "getting saved" is OFF the table - until the next time HE convicts of sin - IF He does - It's NOT guaranteed.

Arminianism, Calvinism, and all the other "Isms" are totally UNIMPORTANT in terms of PRACTICAL Christianity which is NOT by "Theology" but by RELATIONSHIP with God which YOU initiate by taking HIS YOKE upon you and LEARNING OF HIM by getting in the Word, made understandable through the Holy Spirit.

Simple as that.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

God said to cease ye from men in Isaiah 2:22, so I don't pay much attention to men's traditions and divisions they create to fulfill their vanity and errors in thinking which they use in driving followers to themselves.

Men's traditions that try to put this in that category, and that in this category are nothing more than tethers. A tether (rope tied to a stake) allows the Bible student to only reach so far, limiting their understanding, while the amount of understanding God gives in His Word by The Holy Spirit is not comparable.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BacKaran

Great info. I had no idea about the Daisy aspect and barely recall someone saying tulip.

I would choose neither and stay with the bible and what God says.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,437
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  0

For me one issue arises.

Here we all are trying to describe what God thinks in our limited human terminology.

I don't think we're yet capable of really being able to do so.

There are things in both sides that I dont agree with.

I also dont think that I have to position myself in terms of two views or on a scale between them, nor can I.

If in fact, for the sake of argument, it is man that decides if he will accept, and that without his acceptance he will not be saved, this does not mean that God is "unable" to save him anyway but it could be that He [God] chooses not do so.

I believe that God could do anything, even if man didn't want to, but that he could choose not to do so, perhaps wishing for man to make that choice. I also believe that God can know that any particular person is going to choose one way or the other.

As corporeal humans we may see man having this choice and God having a clearly laid out plan as being contradictory, but, I suspect this is simply because we cannot see things as He sees them. Perhaps a limitation of our thoughts and concepts as we now are.

Hopefully that makes some sense to someone :)

So I can't reply to the survey.