• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

12 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

all the best, praying, Marilyn.

Very good Marilyn. I was getting to this question as well. I have seen (experienced) far too much of the antics of the adversary to make any quick assessment. However, as your lady was already a Christian, the way I understand it, what M C said may be close to the truth of the matter. Sometimes the adversary is very tenacious, and all kinds of stuff goes on to try and deflect the real truth of the situation. I have seen manifestations in those with deep issues that when prayed for tend to bubble up and confuse the person and really cause havoc.  Havoc is not the way of Yahweh you can be sure of that. We are not very spiritual as a people and our materialistic tendency is to want a nuts and bolts problem that we can solve quickly. So putting aside doctrines and dogmas and looking ONLY to Yeshua and the truth of Yahweh, sometimes it is good to seclude oneself with a little water and bread and just pray clarity of heart and mind. 
It is true that there is safety in a multitude of counselors, but sometime too many cooks spoil the broth. Stay away from shrinks or anyone that is of that persuasion. If you and your lady can be quiet, and just pray and read the scriptures, then I see that the Lord's hand is not so short that He cannot save, neither is His ear dull that it cannot hear - just let Him help you to remove any and all iniquity that might come between you and your God - no matter how small. Then watch as the Lord, who is Sovereign, makes a way where there is no way.
May the Lord keep you and cause His Countenance to shine upon you!

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 12/22/2002 at 9:39 PM, Biscuit said:

I have been looking for information on discernment and testing / trying spirits and there seems to be little information available on this topic.  This is something I feel is important, but few pastors teach on this. I want to avoid blasphemy of the Holy Ghost as well as judgement of others, but would like to share a few things which we have read or observed. We are seeking teaching and answers on this very important topic (in these times), but which few talk about.

At places such as the Toronto Blessing, Brownsville Revival, and other places,

Do not just listen to people preach but read the bible it has all the answers.