Sign in to follow this  
MorningGlory

Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies

Got this recipe from a diabetic friend. You have to double, and then a little bit, the recipe for 3 dozen.....but 1 1/2 carbs each? Worth the effort, IMO.

Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup Splenda

1 egg

1 tsp. vanilla

Stir everything together until completely mixed. Make into 1 inch

balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork. Bake in

pre-heated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Do not overbake.

Makes about 16 cookies---1 1/2 carbs each.

I would recommend using fresh ground peanut butter. Jiff and Peter Pan have nothing on fresh ground peanut butter. I prefer smooth since it spreads easier.

I would recommend using fresh ground peanut butter. Jiff and Peter Pan have nothing on fresh ground peanut butter. I prefer smooth since it spreads easier.

Great idea! It's more nutritious too. :)

Great idea! It's more nutritious too. :emot-bounce:

Thats why I love Whole Foods Store. I'm waiting to try Brazil nut butter. I tried cashew butter for cookies and I wasn't impressed. It's got a wimpy flavor compared peanuts. I had a baker make some oatmeal cookies with Brazil nut pieces and I got rave reviews at church. The Charleston chew bits in a chocolate chip cookie batter went over big as well. I made some chocolate chip cookies with snow caps instead and everyone seems to like them the best. Cookies are my first first stage in learning to bake. I'm eager to try the new candy coated mini kisses in a cookie recipe as well. :-)

Sign in to follow this