• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/22/1993

So, I'm 14 years old and I've liked this girl for around a year now..She was a strong Christian and I wasn't but after about 6 months or so I found Christ and began a new man and she liked that and ended up liking me. We both decided since we're only in Junior High we should take it slow and not date until high school...and we said kissing would be in high school as well.

Well, this past week I went to a wedding and my deeply religious uncle talked to me about a very happily married couple there who's 1st kiss was at the altar at wedding day. I was like woah. That night I texting the girl I like and we talked about possibly making that commitment and she said would you want to wait that long, if we get married? and I said yeah, I think it may help us both so we get to know each other more by having a very pure relationship. And we both agreed.

What do you guys think? Was it a great idea, or no?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  74
  • Birthday:  10/12/1978

So, I'm 14 years old and I've liked this girl for around a year now..She was a strong Christian and I wasn't but after about 6 months or so I found Christ and began a new man and she liked that and ended up liking me. We both decided since we're only in Junior High we should take it slow and not date until high school...and we said kissing would be in high school as well.

Well, this past week I went to a wedding and my deeply religious uncle talked to me about a very happily married couple there who's 1st kiss was at the altar at wedding day. I was like woah. That night I texting the girl I like and we talked about possibly making that commitment and she said would you want to wait that long, if we get married? and I said yeah, I think it may help us both so we get to know each other more by having a very pure relationship. And we both agreed.

Staying pure is never a bad idea. It is not easy, but it can be done. If both of you are centered on Christ and then on each other.

Spend the time between now and marriage getting to know each other better. Plan ativities together. If it gets tough to stay pure, do the activities with other friends that support what you are doing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

follow your heart. :b::huh:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I know of a few couples who have chosen not to kiss until they are married. One young man who made this choice wrote a book about having a godly relationship. It's called I Kissed Dating Goodby <<--LINK. (He is now a pastor, BTW.) You might want to check it out.

The Lord bless your commitment! :whistling:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

I'm an old man, but I think your idea is just so cool......stay strong...good luck...Grace and Peace to you little brother.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

I really respect your decision and it is one that you will be blessed with.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

It is a great idea. I did not practice the idea, but just think about the words, "You may NOW kiss the bride."

One other thing to remember is that you are a young man. Right now it is easy to see yourself with this fine young lady forever, but as Agape said, spend some time getting to know her. If all you think about is "when we're married...when we're married...when we're married..." then those thoughts could take a bit of a toll on the relationship; indeed, they could BECOME the relationship. Build a good God-centered relationship and focus on that. Whether it is God's will for you to marry her or not will come to you in time.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

You sound as if your acceptance of Jesus has truly affected your life and your thoughts. Wow. You are making some very wise decisions and I truly hope that you will stand by your convictions. If you look around you you see example after example of the heartache and destroyed lives because God is not first. If this young lady is the one God has chosen for you, your life together will be fuller and richer if you have built your relationship on God (as the foundation) and friendship.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  38

I read the book Nebula refers to, Kissing Dating Goodbye. I liked it... and I think your idea shows honour & respect to God, yourself, and your future mate ...and that is irreplaceable.

Guest bigblue

I'm 20, and my lips has never touched a girls. And I'm sooo happy that I can say that! I have met someone I like alot, and now I can tell her, I have never touched nor kissed a girl! You won't regret keeping yourself! Stay pure! Amen My Brother.

God Bless You!