• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

In other words, there is more going on in the realm of the Spirit than we could ever know.

This is true.

You all don't know the teams of people that are consistently on their knees in prayer and fasting for this nation.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

I started to respond, then realized I could not do so without attacking Pat Robertson personally. Oh well.

I think we should be able to discuss the relative merits of a person's position without denigrating them personally

Its not a position thats based on objective analyses of current events though, its simply Robertson claiming he has a divinely inspired prophecy. Thus, since his prophecy is purely of personal origin and basis on his part, I am not sure how one can discuss its merits without discussing Robertson personally.

Yep! It's like trying to keep religion out of politics. Not possible when politics crosses the line into the arena of religion (i.e. abortion, gay marriage, etc). Brother Robertson opened himself to folks looking at and inspecting the fruit of his living. He made the choice to step on to the public stage. Each time he appears on his television show and says, "Thus Saith the Lord," he's put himself in a position for folks to ask questions about what he does in that personal arena.

Now -- if we were talking about what he does at home, what he does in his bedroom or some other non-public ministry aspect of his life, then yes -- I agree. Moreover, I further agree with you in this sense: An unrighteous discernment geared towards either the feeding of my own flesh and lusts or mine plus others IS an aggrevated personal assualt NOT based on the Mind of Christ and Spirit of God in ANYONE. So, to where I have perhaps crossed THAT line, I apologize. To where I have not (or others have not) no apology is required.

What if I had said, "Thus saith the Lord" and it didn't come to pass? Honestly, I expect folks here to call me on it. I expect to be looked at, given suggestions, corrections -- AND -- I expect along that trail will be folks speaking from their own enslaved minds rather than the Spirit of God. I am not saying it is right, I am saying that I expect it.

Better than "Can't we all just get along" -- is -- "Can't we all just be adults?" -- better yet -- "Can't we all just strive for the Mind of Christ in us?"

I greatly appreciate the call to calm and to a self-examination of source (either my mind or the Mind of Christ). I VERY much appreciate that reminder. Yet, I balance that call to also give respect to the freedom of expression of people here. Paul said it nicely:

Php 1:15 Some indeed even preach Christ because of envy and strife, and some also of good will.

Php 1:16 Those, indeed, preach Christ out of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds.

Php 1:17 But these others preach in love, knowing that I am set for the defense of the gospel.

Php 1:18 What then? Nevertheless, in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached. And I rejoice in this. Yet, also I will rejoice.

Are some speaking their mind out of contention, insinceriy, pretense and for the purpose of making other angry or adding to their pain -- YOU BET! For me, the better call to folks is to just remind us to seek the Mind of Christ and -- to find out and become aware of our own brokenness and then come back to the subject at hand.

There are plenty of people here who are quite capable of doing so and apologizing along the trail. So, as for me: I think the matter of what Brother Robertson said and did, how he responded and certainly my take on the matter has been fully said. I am quite happy to let the thread stand as is as a reference point and be done with it (for my part only). Others certainly will add as they feel led and want I am quite sure.

If you cant find a way to remove dicussing a position from the person, please refrain from posting. Thanks, the mod team

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/12/1978

God has appointed leaders in the church. Pat Robertson has a large group of people that look to him as Timithy and Titus looked to Paul. Pat has been anointed by God for the position he is in. Pray for him, Pat effects a lot of people unbelievers and believers.

Plus if you speak out against someone that God has choosen, how do you think that will effect your anointing? :emot-crying:

God, thank you for your grace.

God appoints every preacher? Every pastor claims to be called by God into their profession. I believe that the majority truly were, but not all were. One can be truly called, one can delude themselves into thinking they were called, and one can just out and out lie about being called as well. Just because someone is a church leader does not mean that they were anointed by God to their position. After all, was Fred Phelps anointed by God to his position?

The bible does tell us their will be many false teachers, and not to be lead astray. I will accept that. The bible also teaches that all rulers hold the position and power only because God allowed it. We are to honer their roles as leaders, if they have done something that was a poor choice on their part we may approach them to talk about it. We are not to gossip about them. We can talk about false teaching, and help others to identify it.

Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. (James 3:9-10)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

If you cant find a way to remove dicussing a position from the person, please refrain from posting. Thanks, the mod team

I think you need to explain a way to "remove discussing a position from a person." Lead by example. Use this thread as your example. If you can do that, we will ALL have something upon which to move forward. If you cannot, then one way to read that will be your request is pontificating, moralizing and sermanizing. So, please provide a real written example based on this thread. I look forward to your example.

Edited by HisMindinme

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/08/1963

I think you need to explain a way to "remove discussing a position from a person." Lead by example. Use this thread as your example. If you can do that, we will ALL have something upon which to move forward. If you cannot, then one way to read that will be your request is pontificating, moralizing and sermanizing. So, please provide a real written example based on this thread. I look forward to your example.

As I am sitting here considering this and VERY much wanting to read your example, I am considering how it can be done. Perhaps like this?

A person who makes predictions, prognostications or prophesies for a specific period of time and then the thing they have said, "Thus saith the Lord" does NOT come true -- AND -- then further states the reason for the failed prophecy is that people prayed and the grace of God spared us is simply a liar.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Closed for not complying with the focus of the Ministry. :thumbsup: