IGNORED

Is Ishmael the Father of Islam (Musilims)?

getat151

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Thats an interesting point you made..

If I understand correctly when the temple was destroyed the genealogical records were destroyed with it and now the only remaining "Line" is "In Jesus"...

actually the Kohenim, the priests are fully aware of their lineage.

Hey, Shiloh was it you or somebody else that told me the name has now morphed into Cohen??????

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

If I understand correctly when the temple was destroyed the genealogical records were destroyed with it and now the only remaining "Line" is "In Jesus"...

Hey, Shiloh was it you or somebody else that told me the name has now morphed into Cohen??????

Its just a different English spelling. It is different depending on how your family spells it. Another variant on that name is, "Kahn."

Its just a different English spelling. It is different depending on how your family spells it. Another variant on that name is, "Kahn."

:thumbsup: look, I do remember some of the stuff you tell me! :)

Guest shiloh357
The article, about Robert Morley that I gave the link from wasn't written, by Prasch. Just because it was on the Moriel website doesn't mean it was written by J. Prasch. It was really used by me to show that Robert Morey had a forged Doctor of Divinity document. and that labels him as a fraud.

Well see, by Prasch including it on his site with no qualifications as to its accuracy, then Prasch is, by default signifying approval and agreement with the article.

The article I presented needs to be answered with regard to its merit with respect to the facts, not on some perception about Morey about which there is only an allegation, and up to this point, I have found no objective corroboration to support its accuracy or truthfulness.

Prasch is not above passing on false information, as he has already done about certain ministries in Israel and when pressed for proof, he disappears from the board. So I don't put much stock in Prasch, who doesn't put too much effort in research before printing someone else's allegations.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

That's fair enough, but moriel has a disclaimer on the site which shows that J Prasch doesn't take responsiblity and that some of the material is not endorsed by him personally.

There are a lot of false claims posted in this site that are way out of kilter too, but we can't hold George of his team responsible for what other people claim.

The article I linked was written in by someone from the Pakistan Christian Press. It doesn't follow that Jacob necessarily endorses the story. However it's always good to hear another side to a story. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just shedding a bit of light.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

There are still separate tribes are there not? Israel was split into two kindoms, the southern kingdom and the northern kingdom. Teh Northen kingdom, Josephs kingdom defeated by the assyrians 130 yrs prior to Judahs kingdom

King of Syria, Rezin and Peknah King of Israel tried to defeat Judah only taking their king captive and thus drove the Jews out, and then remained in Syria.. How many tribes live in syria and it is hard for me to believe here that jews fought against Jews with the assyrians But Then we can understand Ez. 11:15 Better. But in numbers when they were being numbered they claimed pedigree,Numbers 1:18, which is no longer true of certain tribes today.

Does this not lay claim to the possibilty of islamic geneology through a hebrew line... or Just tell me I am nutz.

I only know of one person who is of hebrew line and christain as well that can go back further than anyone I know. It is because of meticulous records kept by his family and presumingly he is of the Kohathites.

But in Numbers chapter six it dicusses the nazarites, where did they come from and don't tell me Nazarene!!! LOL

I always believed that medianites and ishmelites were the same.

Were they both from abrahams seed through adam?

Guest shiloh357

I wll do my best to answer your questions, Patricia, but I am not quite sure I follow you, so my apologies in advance if I don't quite answer this correctly. I may need you to clarify some things further.

There are still separate tribes are there not?
Yes, but the identity of the all the tribes is not yet known to anyone but God. However, that will change. In Ezekiel 47, in the last days, during the Messianic Kingdom, there will be a re-alottment of the Land to the various tribes so it will be revealed who belongs to which tribe at some time in the future.

Israel was split into two kindoms, the southern kingdom and the northern kingdom. Teh Northen kingdom, Josephs kingdom defeated by the assyrians 130 yrs prior to Judahs kingdom

King of Syria, Rezin and Peknah King of Israel tried to defeat Judah only taking their king captive and thus drove the Jews out, and then remained in Syria.. How many tribes live in syria and it is hard for me to believe here that jews fought against Jews with the assyrians But Then we can understand Ez. 11:15 Better.

Not sure I quite follow you. I see nothing to suggest that the southern Kingdom fought against the Northern Kingdom in an alliance with the Syrians. The verse you cite, Eze. 11:15, refers to the words of the Southern Kingdom spoke in presumption against the North Kingdom, as they felt secure in their possession of the Land due to the Northern Kingdom split and near abandonment of the Temple in Judea. All that Eze 1:15 tells us is that the Southern Kingdom believed that God would not allow them to suffer the same fate as the ten northern tribes. Of course, we know that they were wrong.

But in numbers when they were being numbered they claimed pedigree,Numbers 1:18, which is no longer true of certain tribes today.
Well it is true of most of the tribes except for those of the priestly line. Jewish people, generally do not know which tribe they are from, but that is really neither here nor there. God has preserved the knowlege of the line of the Kohenim enough that they know what tribe they are from. However, they may not be able to trace their exact lineage without the temple records that have been lost.

The Jew in the universe whose genealogy is completely intact is Jesus. His exact genealogy is preserved in the Scriptures. This I believe makes an important point. The Jewish people are looking for the Messiah, but one of the chief qualifications of Messiah is that he must come from the line of King David. Now with the Temple records having been destroyed, if a Jewish man did claim to be Messiah, how would they go about establishing his identity??? I believe this argues for a 1st century Messiah.

Does this not lay claim to the possibilty of islamic geneology through a hebrew line... or Just tell me I am nutz.
How can one have an "islamic" geneaology? Islam is not a race, so there is no way to have a genealogy that is "islamic."

But in Numbers chapter six it dicusses the nazarites, where did they come from and don't tell me Nazarene!!! LOL
LOL, "Nazarites" had nothing to do with being from the town of Nazareth. A Nazarite was a person under a vow. That could apply to anyone from any tribe. :)

I always believed that medianites and ishmelites were the same.

Were they both from abrahams seed through adam?

Yes, according to Judges 8, the Midianites and Ishmaelites were the same group. They were descended from Abraham through Ishmael, not Adam, LOL.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/02/1954

This may be an interesting tidbit. Some of the Jewish ancestry can now be established with genetic markers. I believe the same is true for people of Arabic descent.

I don't know if it has been mentioned lately so I'll remind everyone that 90% of the Moslems in the world today are not Arab. At the same time, 90% of all Arabs are Moslems. Don't miss the fact that there are Christian Arabs even if they are only nominally Christian. Many of the nominally Christian Arabs I know have recently gotten much more serious about their faith under the mounting pressure of Islam.

About Prasch...

Well, look at my sig line and you can understand why I reacted. The article in the link was his stuff filtered though a friends writing. His attacks on those who are righteous are well known. Being attacked by him or his friends may actually be taken as a validation in some circles. By way of comparison, I think I know most of the folks on the staff of Jerusalem Perspective and the Jerusalem School of Synoptic Gospels. They are highly qualified, trustworthy and honorable. I am not saying that they are not capable of making mistakes. I am saying that they are real scholars who are making a real attempt to do a highly desirable project.

I just wanna say thanks, this is really interesting! :emot-puke-old:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

The Jew in the universe whose genealogy is completely intact is Jesus. His exact genealogy is preserved in the Scriptures. This I believe makes an important point. The Jewish people are looking for the Messiah, but one of the chief qualifications of Messiah is that he must come from the line of King David. Now with the Temple records having been destroyed, if a Jewish man did claim to be Messiah, how would they go about establishing his identity??? I believe this argues for a 1st century Messiah.

Awesome point.

This is a very interesting study.