• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

My concern, Neb, would not be so much for the welfare of David, since he seems quite sure of his faith.

My concern would be what message attending such an event would send to his sister, just by him being there? :emot-nod:

I understand that -

But I know what it is to be a Christian in fellowship with New Agers, pagans, Wiccans, and I know the temptations of the little things and their consequences. That's all.

I don't know if it would be bad. We had a a few Christians show up at the local metaphysical shop and start hanging out. And, you know what the result was? The shop owner started selling bibles so the christians would have something to read while they were in the shop other than Wiccan, Witchcraft, and other type books. So my experience is a little different as it they were highly respected for not burning us at the stake so the response was: provide bibles and open ears.

But that is just my experience. :thumbsup:

Grace to you,

I'm not trying to be disrespectful hurtin however, it is my opinion due to the Word. That no Christian has any business in a shop like this unless he is there obediently to witness. Hanging out there whether there are Bibles or not is not a good idea.

I tell my own children at home. "Don't even mess with this stuff, don't touch it, don't taste it, don't consider it, don't be around it."

Peace,

Dave

I understand that you are not being disrespectful. :thumbsup:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

The message he will be sending is of no concern... She knows what he stands for and still invited him. So that means the invitation is sent to Jesus as well. Although she may have her own reasons it does not matter. It may be something she is proud of doing and wants to share and yet many have gone places and the anointing of the Lord will be there. Just to touch someone on the arm may be enough to change a life in the future....for Gods Glory. Peters shadow healed...The light of the Lord can do great things...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

The message he will be sending is of no concern... She knows what he stands for and still invited him. So that means the invitation is sent to Jesus as well. Although she may have her own reasons it does not matter. It may be something she is proud of doing and wants to share and yet many have gone places and the anointing of the Lord will be there. Just to touch someone on the arm may be enough to change a life in the future....for Gods Glory. Peters shadow healed...The light of the Lord can do great things...

:emot-nod::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Just to be clear, my concern was not out of fear, but Wisdom. :emot-nod:

Let us be wise.

1Pe

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

Your concern is honorable and sincere, but he will be going, I believe regardless, we just need to make sure he brings nothing back with him and give him the tools to go there with...That is also a wise thing I believe.. Hi dave , how ya doin? patricia1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

So many have already responded, but heres my 2 cents.

Do you really believe, despite her assurances that you won't be set upon? True, you won't be lynched, but I doubt in a crowd that size there won't be those attending ready to challenge you and pull you into a conversation to prove your faith, which could get out of hand very quickly.

your brother in Christ

Hunter

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  780
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  04/20/1983

And tell me why we cannot have a representative of Christ at this gathering??

my suggestions to you:

• Do not fast right before...if you fast at all do it at least a week before
  • Before going , pray for traveling mercies and plead the blood of Jesus from your head to the tips of your toes
  • Read through the armor of God and make sure its applied correctly
  • if you pray in tongues , speak it liberally in your mind while there.
  • Pray for the anointing that will break every yoke you may confront
  • ask for the Lord to send you someone who may be interested in Him
  • Let the Glory of God and His Light ever so shine brightly, He is with you and it is Him going and not you.
  • Remember Jesus walked all the way to Samaria for one woman and Philip was translated to witness to a ethiopian.

Even if you are there it is enough and P.M. me I will pray for you that day.

When are you going to invite your sister to a christian convention? Remember the battle is unseen. It is not the flesh and Blood we battle against. Ask Jesus for discernment if needed. You will be around a number of principalities But Jesus is Greater. Halleluja and Amen!!!

I'm gonna need you to explain most of this...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  74
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/12/1978

She suggested it might be interesting, that's all. I'm a little bit disturbed by the branding of my sister as an "enemy," granted we don't always see eye to eye but I don't imagine she's sitting around sticking pins in an effigy of me...

Your sister is not the enemy. "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly relams." Eph. 6:12 More than likely your sister does not wish ill will towards you. But that does not mean the spiritual forces of evil don't wish you to suffer. They are the enemy.

I agree with patricia1. Know the Word of God, the enemy is disarmed. We have the weapons, the enemy is a liar and a thief but he can not stand against Jesus. Know that the Word of God is truth and what you learn at the pagan conference will have some truth mixed with a lot of lies. This is were the enemy gets us, if he can blind us from the whole truth we won't be able to use the full armor of God effectively. The belt of Truth is the lynch pin to the armor of God. (I am about to speak metaphorically) If you are not sure of the Word of God then your belt is not on tight, your armor is on loose and your sword may fall to the ground before you can use it.

If you go ask Jesus what his opinion is about every topic. If you get anger towards any person it may be the enemy speaking to you and not Jesus. Remember God hates sin but he loves the sinner. The question is, does the sinner love God (of the bible).

Every christian is a sinner; we have faith in the word of God and Jesus as our Lord. A lot of people there are seeking, they are use to being hated and pushed away by christians. What if one of them could start to know Christ through one of us. But instead we turn away from them, we may be sending them to hell. Do we want to be responsable for that?

(edited to change the word "there" to "the pagan conference")

Edited by Agape_CTL

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I don't know if it would be bad. We had a a few Christians show up at the local metaphysical shop and start hanging out. And, you know what the result was? The shop owner started selling bibles so the christians would have something to read while they were in the shop other than Wiccan, Witchcraft, and other type books. So my experience is a little different as it they were highly respected for not burning us at the stake so the response was: provide bibles and open ears.

But that is just my experience. :laugh:

I understand. :emot-highfive: Christians can be a light anywhere. And I am not against Christians going to the dark places to shine the light (in love, "as wise as serpents but harmless as doves"). Just be on your guard against the pitfalls, especially the subtle ones (curiosity being a big one).

:emot-heartbeat: to you, too!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Interestingly, she also threatened to stab me if I turn into an evangelical zealot like someone she used to know.

Now that concerns me.

A man in my prayer is the son and brother of Wiccan women, and they have literally tried to kill him and his wife (slowly via poisoning) because of his faith in Jesus.