Dozens in Texas Town Report Seeing UFO

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

In this farming community where nightfall usually brings clear, starry skies, residents are abuzz over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.

Several dozen people

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,338
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

Very weird :noidea:

• Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I expected a video...where were all the camera buffs out there when it happened...

spooooky!!!!! :noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  176
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/07/1956

Yes, always weird and spooky, especially to those who've actually seen them up close.

ufo's are nothing new in texas, or anywhere else. but in the end, all a ufo is is a flying object that is unidentified. people get so worked up over it it's funny.

who knows what they are? maybe they are some supernatural phenomenon, maybe they're something man made, maybe they're some visual distortion of something real and known.

all i do know is driving across the nevada desert at night near area 51 is one of those really cool things, watching the sky and wondering what you're seeing. never saw one myself during my life in texas, but i know a lot of people who have, including my father.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I think UFO's are interesting for many reasons. Many of them are blamed on aircraft (the one in Texas was supposed to be airplaines - hmmm.. maybe). There is never any noise, though. I was told by someone that the air force has mufflers they put on the planes at night sometimes :noidea: Has anyone ever heard that? Is that possible?

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

A couple of years ago, while hiking the Appalachian Trail, I was sitting on top of the South slope of Dartmouth Ski Area, in a large filed, looking at the stars to the North with my hiking buddy. We both watch this bright speck travel West to East, stop suddenly and dart up, out of sight in extreme speed. I have often wondered what it was, but never gave it much thought.

spelling

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I think UFO's are interesting for many reasons. Many of them are blamed on aircraft (the one in Texas was supposed to be airplaines - hmmm.. maybe). There is never any noise, though. I was told by someone that the air force has mufflers they put on the planes at night sometimes :P Has anyone ever heard that? Is that possible?

<>< ><>

Nathele

i'm doubting that's possible. only because i used to live in virginia beach (home of oceana, the largest navy airfield). all conversations must cease when one of those planes fly over and it was against the law for them to fly past 10 p.m. altho they occasionally did. i will ask my niece, tho. she works on planes in the air force.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I think UFO's are interesting for many reasons. Many of them are blamed on aircraft (the one in Texas was supposed to be airplaines - hmmm.. maybe). There is never any noise, though. I was told by someone that the air force has mufflers they put on the planes at night sometimes :blink: Has anyone ever heard that? Is that possible?

<>< ><>

Nathele

i'm doubting that's possible. only because i used to live in virginia beach (home of oceana, the largest navy airfield). all conversations must cease when one of those planes fly over and it was against the law for them to fly past 10 p.m. altho they occasionally did. i will ask my niece, tho. she works on planes in the air force.

I would appreciate it if you could find out. The reason I ask is that we live where the air force practices "dog fighting". The planes, as you know, are LOUD. On rare occassions they practice at night. Well, on night I looked out the window and saw some very strange lights. I called to my husband and we both watched. They weren't moving and were silent (they were large enough that if it was any sort of plane we should have heard it). There were large lights and some smaller ones (dare I say windows?). Then the went out and a ways away from where they were was similar lights. They went out and the first lights came on again and started moving toward where the second lights were....still no sound. Then they were gone. When I asked a friend of mine, who is a dispatcher for the city police a few miles away, if anyone had called in strange activity she told me no, but that similar lights are reported quite often. The air force had told them about the mufflers. Sounds fishy to me, but I don't know. Another friend told me that he and his family quite often see this same thing near his house.

I have ideas about what all of this is, and I find it very interesting.

<>< ><>

Nathele

I've seen quite a few things in the night sky that I can't explain and didn't act like any kind of aircraft I know about. It's weird, but I don't think its anything to worry all that much about. Exception: when a UFO causes the alert fighters to scramble. If its enough to cause the alert fighters to launch, I figure something is up.

Could it be alien teenagers messin' with the natives (us) ? :th_praying::blink: