George

Dangers of a Lop Sided Message

54 posts in this topic

Dangers of a Lop Sided Message

by George Whitten

We, as believers, must teach and present a balanced message of grace and truth. We see this clearly in the example of the Lord Jesus Christ. We see in John 1:17b, that "grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." (emphasis added)

The Problems of Extremism

If we show a message of all grace without truth, then we have become a part of the apostasy flooding the end time church. As 2 Timothy 4:3-4 states, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." This message of all grace without balanced truth is flooding this end time church. Proclaiming that God is love without showing the righteous judgment of the Lord is just one of the many teachings in these days.

The other extreme is preaching a message of truth without grace and compassion. Too often I see people proclaiming truth with such harshness and without love that it only offends, and the spirit of God has been quenched. The Word shows us how to teach truth with grace. 2 Timothy 2:24-26:"And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will." (emphasis added) The Word clearly shows that we are to teach without striving. If you find yourself striving, then the Spirit is not at work, but the flesh is. Notice who does the work of recovering one out of error -- it is the work of God that they recover themselves out of error.

The Spirit is what gives life. In 2 Corinthians 3:6, "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." (emphasis added) The Spirit through us is what teaches men. The Spirit is gentle, patient and meek. The Spirit is what reproves the world of sin and of righteousness. (John 16:7-13) Allow the Spirit to do it's job or correcting another -- let us not try to do the Spirit's job.

Do we strive and press a message of truth because of pride? Pride in knowing we are right? Is it self righteousness? None of us have arrived. All of us can walk closer to the Lord. In my own life, as I walk closer with the Lord, and though it seems as I walk holier, the more sinful I find myself. This is when I realize the great grace of God in my life, because of all my own short comings. Oh how much the Lord loves us, even though we deserve none of it. It is a love so deep that even angels desire to look into the great salvation the Lord has given us. (1 Peter 1:12) We MUST be able ministers of the gospel with grace, compassion, love and truth.

Just as a father raises a child in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, the father also must be sure not to provoke the child to wrath. (Ephesians 6:4) Let us keep our pride and self righteousness in check as we present the great truths of the Word of God with love, compassion and grace.

As we follow the example of the Lord Jesus Christ, let us be compassionate, yet uncompromising with the truth. Let us proclaim the truth with grace through the Spirit within us.

-The other extreme is preaching a message of truth without grace and compassion. Too often I see people proclaiming truth with such harshness and without love that it only offends, and the spirit of God has been quenched.

-AS USUAL George YOU are RIGHT--AGAIN---& AS USUAL---I AM IN GRAVE ERROR

-I must once again APOLOGIZE{FIRST}TO THE LORD-JESUS-YESHUA--for bringing

-dis-repute to HIS NAME---{SECOND}--I MUST-HUMBLY-& SINCERELY APOLOGIZE

-TO ALL THE MEMBERS OF WORTHY-BOARDS-& ASK FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS----

-{THIRD}--I HUMBLY--APOLOGIZE TO YOU GEORGE -&-ALL-THE MODERATORS---

-FOR BRINGING DIS-REPUTE TO WORTHY-MINISTRIES-&-HUMBLY-&-SINCERELY-

-ASK-EACH-ONE-OF-YOU-TO-PLEASE-FORGIVE-ME------

-The Spirit is what gives life. In 2 Corinthians 3:6, "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." (emphasis added) The Spirit through us is what teaches men. The Spirit is gentle, patient and meek. The Spirit is what reproves the world of sin and of righteousness. (John 16:7-13) Allow the Spirit to do it's job or correcting another - let us not try to do the Spirit's job.

-AS USUAL--GEORGE--YOU-ARE-RIGHT---AGAIN-----I think about these scriptures

-quite often & have used them myself--{don't be trying to do the work of the

-HOLY-SPIRIT}& as usual ----I FORGOT-to let the HOLY-SPIRIT do HIS work---

-You would "think"at my age I would "know-better"???shhhhheeeeesssshhhhhhhh--

-Maybe some day I'LL "grow-up"--"Again"---I APOLOGIZE----

-Do we strive and press a message of truth because of pride? Pride in knowing we are right? Is it self righteousness? None of us have arrived. All of us can walk closer to the Lord. In my own life, as I walk closer with the Lord, and though it seems as I walk holier, the more sinful I find myself. This is when I realize the great grace of God in my life, because of all my own short comings. Oh how much the Lord loves us, even though we deserve none of it. It is a love so deep that even angels desire to look into the great salvation the Lord has given us. (1 Peter 1:12) We MUST be able ministers of the gospel with grace, compassion, love and truth.

-ahhhhhhhh--GEORGE--my brother---YOU drove the "NAIL"home--I don't know for

-certain IF I am guilty of the{pride & self-righteousness}I HOPE & PRAY that I am

-NOT-GUILTY of this "GRAVE-ERROR"But IF I AM--or IF I came-off--or sounded-like

-I WAS OR AM---I REALLY-SINCERELY-&-MOST-HUMBLY-ASK-ALL-THE MEMBERS-&-

-ALL-THE GUESTS-THE-MODERATORS-&-YOU-GEORGE-TO-PLEASE-FORGIVE-ME---

-As we follow the example of the Lord Jesus Christ, let us be compassionate, yet uncompromising with the truth. Let us proclaim the truth with grace through the Spirit within us.

-A-MEN--BROTHER--& AGAIN THANK YOU FOR YOUR--GRACE--COMPASSION-

--LOVE-&-INSTRUCTION----I-PRAY-THAT-I-WILL-DO-EXACTLY-THAT-FROM-NOW-

-ON---------Gary------

Thank you, George, for a timely reminder.

Wow!!!!!!!

I love ya all! Good word and in season. Sometimes we fall short but God is always faithful.

In his love,

Brian

Hey, shadow!

:hug:

We all got stuff we need to work out in our lives - like ways we deal with hurt that are not Christ-like. But you want to know something? You receive correction with a humble spirit! I know too many I fear offering correction to because they'll get defensive and angry at me. It is encouraging to me to see one like you who will examine his heart and freely offer a heart-felt, humble appology - no defenses, no excuses.

Thank-you!

I love you Shadow! Walking the walk is not about being perfect -- it's about learning to get back up when we fall down and learning from our mistakes!

It's takes a lot for someone to publicy admit when they are in error, and for this I commend you. May God richly anoint you Shadow to do what you are called to do!

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George

-I love you Shadow! Walking the walk is not about being perfect -- it's about learning to get back up when we fall down and learning from our mistakes!

-AS---USUAL---George--since YOU are my-fearless-leader--here-on-Worthy--I feel I must answer you first Bro..{NO-slight intended to anyone else}--WeLLLLL,Again---WE can ALL see I sho-nuff AIN'T "perfect"--& gettin back-UP-is kinda hard--when I mess-up This Bad---when I KNOW-BETTER---& I AM really LEARNING--I guess HOW to messup???hopefully--how-NOT to--too-??

-It's takes a lot for someone to publicy admit when they are in error, and for this I commend you. May God richly anoint you Shadow to do what you are called to do!

-Thank you BRO.but I really don't think it takes all That much when I do it SO

-consistently--I'M getting a LOT of practice tho--I don't really know if that's the right words there but I mean when I KNOW I'M WRONG--I MUST REPENT----I can't live with myself when I hurt someone else or bring shame or disrepute to the LORD or a brother or sister------

-Thank you Bro.-"That"is the anointing I really desire---GOD-BLESS-YOU-George--

-&-KEEP-YOU-SAFE-----your much wiser & more humble--Brother-----Gary

Proverbs 15:31

He whose ear listens to the life-giving reproof Will dwell among the wise.

We all love you, Shadow.

Well said George and shadow. I can use that message myself on a number of occasions. Thank you.

Our Father continually blesses me through you Gary. You humble me. :P I love you a lot bro. Your armor is pretty shiney in my opinion.