George

Dangers of a Lop Sided Message

The point is to avoid becoming unbalanced through legalism on the one hand or licence on the other. 

On 11/13/2015 at 0:09 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings George,Everyone......

Yes indeed,,,,the closer I walk with the Lord,the more sin I see in me.......................George ,your OP is a wealth of Wisdom,,,,,I hope it gets read over & over & over,I myself read it quite often,,,,,,thank you but all the Glory belongs to God!!!!

With love-in Christ

On 11/13/2015 at 0:09 PM, kwikphilly said:

Blessings George,Everyone......

Yes indeed,,,,the closer I walk with the Lord,the more sin I see in me.......................George ,your OP is a wealth of Wisdom,,,,,I hope it gets read over & over & over,I myself read it quite often,,,,,,thank you but all the Glory belongs to God!!!!

With love-in Christ

"Yes indeed,,,,the closer I walk with the Lord,the more sin I see in me..........."

I can relate!  

Im going to read this often as well.  May we glorify God in all we do. Amen

Blessings

Guest Thallasa
On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2004 at 9:53 AM, George said:

Dangers of a Lop Sided Message

by George Whitten

We, as believers, must teach and present a balanced message of grace and truth. We see this clearly in the example of the Lord Jesus Christ. We see in John 1:17b, that "grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." (emphasis added)

The Problems of Extremism

If we show a message of all grace without truth, then we have become a part of the apostasy flooding the end time church. As 2 Timothy 4:3-4 states, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." This message of all grace without balanced truth is flooding this end time church. Proclaiming that God is love without showing the righteous judgment of the Lord is just one of the many teachings in these days.

The other extreme is preaching a message of truth without grace and compassion. Too often I see people proclaiming truth with such harshness and without love that it only offends, and the spirit of God has been quenched. The Word shows us how to teach truth with grace. 2 Timothy 2:24-26:"And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will." (emphasis added) The Word clearly shows that we are to teach without striving. If you find yourself striving, then the Spirit is not at work, but the flesh is. Notice who does the work of recovering one out of error -- it is the work of God that they recover themselves out of error.

The Spirit is what gives life. In 2 Corinthians 3:6, "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." (emphasis added) The Spirit through us is what teaches men. The Spirit is gentle, patient and meek. The Spirit is what reproves the world of sin and of righteousness. (John 16:7-13) Allow the Spirit to do it's job or correcting another -- let us not try to do the Spirit's job.

Do we strive and press a message of truth because of pride? Pride in knowing we are right? Is it self righteousness? None of us have arrived. All of us can walk closer to the Lord. In my own life, as I walk closer with the Lord, and though it seems as I walk holier, the more sinful I find myself. This is when I realize the great grace of God in my life, because of all my own short comings. Oh how much the Lord loves us, even though we deserve none of it. It is a love so deep that even angels desire to look into the great salvation the Lord has given us. (1 Peter 1:12) We MUST be able ministers of the gospel with grace, compassion, love and truth.

Just as a father raises a child in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, the father also must be sure not to provoke the child to wrath. (Ephesians 6:4) Let us keep our pride and self righteousness in check as we present the great truths of the Word of God with love, compassion and grace.

As we follow the example of the Lord Jesus Christ, let us be compassionate, yet uncompromising with the truth. Let us proclaim the truth with grace through the Spirit within us.

Thankyou  dear Lord, for  this timely reminder , coming through your pastor George , and thankyou George for passing it on .

Guest Thallasa
On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2004 at 5:01 PM, Guest HisLovedLamb said:

Wow George, that is some good advice for the mother and wife of non-belivers. Father forgive me if I have sinned in pride and help me to become salt and light as is Your command. Thank You Father for this forum and Worthy Minsistry for the edification of Your children. Amen

Very lovely prayer ,merci .