IGNORED

Clarification on sexual sin

unworthy.sinner

Guest lovinghim4ever

If you are married and have sexual relations with someone other than your spouse = adultery.

If you are not married and have sexual relations with someone who is married = adultery.

If you are not married and have sexual relations with someone who is not married = fornication.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/13/1981

Thanks for the clarifications on the adultery issue because I wondered about the single person having an affair with the married person. The only thing is for me it looks the unmarried person is only committing fornication because they are not married and no spouse that they claim to but if the unmarried person knows that the other person is married and still wants to go ahead with the affair is commiting adultery. Either way they are still are commiting sexual immorality no matter how you put it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Leviticus 20:10 "'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

There is no distinction of marriage on BOTH parts, but they are BOTH named as adulterers in the act.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13

Leviticus 20:10 "'If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

There is no distinction of marriage on BOTH parts, but they are BOTH named as adulterers in the act.

The key word there is adultery. The man would have to be married himself in order to commit adultery.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Dear unworthy,

I don't believe so. In looking at the passage, there would have been the notation of BOTH parties being married, in order to imply they were adulterers. The distinction of adultery happens to BOTH even if one is NOT married, lest the passage would have read, ""'If a MARRIED man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor

The distinction was not made in regard to him being married, but it WAS made with regard to them BOTH being adulterers, which indicates that only one need to be married for BOTH to commit adultery.

both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

In His Love,

Suzanne

I don't believe so. In looking at the passage, there would have been the notation of BOTH parties being married, in order to imply they were adulterers. The distinction of adultery happens to BOTH even if one is NOT married, lest the passage would have read, ""'If a MARRIED man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor

The distinction was not made in regard to him being married, but it WAS made with regard to them BOTH being adulterers, which indicates that only one need to be married for BOTH to commit adultery.

I think the distinction is being made to make it clear that it is not his own wife - to highlight the fact that adultery is a sinful act carried out against one's own spouse (in addition to God, and the vows made before Him). The fact that it specifically mentions adultery already makes it clear that he himself would also be married. You will also note that this is the only verse in that section dealing with sexual sin that uses the word adultery.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  19
  • Birthday:  12/04/1980

Hello everyone,

I've been reading the posts on thread and it occured to me that adultery is also if you look at someone and lust after them and then you have committed adultery in your heart with the person.

In Matthew 5:28 it reads "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her in his heart"

I don't mean to just but in like that, but I thought that it would be helpful to add and share with you all what I saw in the Bible.

Thanks for your time :blink:

I've been reading the posts on thread and it occured to me that adultery is also if you look at someone and lust after them and then you have committed adultery in your heart with the person.

In Matthew 5:28 it reads "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her in his heart"

I don't mean to just but in like that, but I thought that it would be helpful to add and share with you all what I saw in the Bible.

Thank you for for your contribution to the thread. My position is, as in the case of David and Bathsheba, that the adulterous act is conceived in the heart and when full blown leads to a sinful act. As far as I am concerned it would be adultery in the heart if it was a married person, but for an unmarried person it would be fornication in the heart - still a sin, but differing because of the nature of the relationships. Just as in bigamy is something specific to those who are married, whereas an orgy could be applied to both the married and unmarried.