Winniesue

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I love this verse, it has really helped me to mature in the things of God and move past some of my old habit patterns. :24:

"So get rid of your old self which made you live as you used to - the old slef that was being destoyed by it's deceitful desires. Your hearts and minds must be made completely new and you must put on the new self, which is created in God's likeness and reveals itself in the true life that is upright and holy."

Coupled with the Message version -

Ephesians 4:22

..."everything - and I do mean everything connected with that old way of life has to go. It's rotten through and through. Get rid of it!! And then take on an entirely new way of life - a God fashioned life - a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces His Character in you."

God is using these to keep me accountable to His way and not mine. And in just a few days, I have noticed a big difference in the choices I make. :24:

Thanks for listening. Have a great day!!!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

Praise the Lord!! :24:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/05/1971

Lovely Winniesue,

Words to live by.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Strong words. Good words.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this verse, it has really helped me to mature in the things of God and move past some of my old habit patterns. :noidea:

"So get rid of your old self which made you live as you used to - the old slef that was being destoyed by it's deceitful desires. Your hearts and minds must be made completely new and you must put on the new self, which is created in God's likeness and reveals itself in the true life that is upright and holy."

..."everything - and I do mean everything connected with that old way of life has to go. It's rotten through and through. Get rid of it!! And then take on an entirely new way of life - a God fashioned life - a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces His Character in you."

God is using these to keep me accountable to His way and not mine. And in just a few days, I have noticed a big difference in the choices I make. :whistling:

As I was talking with some friends this morning, I realized that the Lord is bringing me to this verse again. I am a visual learner. In order for me to really understand what this verse was saying, I wrote up a "Certicficate of Adoption", that I carry in my Biible as a reminder that I no longer walk in the way of my old way of life. I forgot about this, unitl this morning. We adopted our son, and in the adoption, it includes a new life for our son, with new benefits, and our name. This is the exact same for each one of us, adopted into the Kingdom as His Children. What an honor. So I am going to share the "Certificate of Adoption" I wrote for myself as His Daughter.

Certificate of Adoption

Name of child after adoption--

Winnie-daughter of God

meaning of name

-chosen, loved, needed, wanted, accepted, DAUGHTER

Adopted By:

God the Father and Jesus Christ

Benefits include:

-everyspiritual blessing in the heavenly realm - holy and without fault before Him - Blood of Christ that sets me free and brings forgiveness of my sins - the grace of God, which He gives in large measure - God's stamp of ownership by giving me His Holy Spirit.

the information provided is to be used to establish a new certificate of birth for the adopted child-

The Great Exchange

He has taken from me:

-negativity, -immaturity, -anger, -rage, -hate, -unforgivness, -bitterness, -selfishness, -depression, -neediness, -lonliness, -jealousy, -manipulation, -victim mentality, -impatience, -old emotional habits, mindsets and automatic reactions, -a critical spirit, -rude assumptions, -and my self-protective stance.

He has replaced in me:

-worth, -confidence, -kindness, -patience, -maturity, -goodness, -gentleness, -self control, -friendliness, -charm, -peacefulness, -loving, -thankfulness, -security, -strength, -a new idenity.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

I love this verse, it has really helped me to mature in the things of God and move past some of my old habit patterns. :noidea:

God is using these to keep me accountable to His way and not mine. And in just a few days, I have noticed a big difference in the choices I make. :whistling:

As I was talking with some friends this morning, I realized that the Lord is bringing me to this verse again. I am a visual learner. In order for me to really understand what this verse was saying, I wrote up a "Certicficate of Adoption", that I carry in my Biible as a reminder that I no longer walk in the way of my old way of life. I forgot about this, unitl this morning. We adopted our son, and in the adoption, it includes a new life for our son, with new benefits, and our name. This is the exact same for each one of us, adopted into the Kingdom as His Children. What an honor. So I am going to share the "Certificate of Adoption" I wrote for myself as His Daughter.

Certificate of Adoption

Name of child after adoption--

Winnie-daughter of God

meaning of name

-chosen, loved, needed, wanted, accepted, DAUGHTER

Adopted By:

God the Father and Jesus Christ

Benefits include:

-everyspiritual blessing in the heavenly realm - holy and without fault before Him - Blood of Christ that sets me free and brings forgiveness of my sins - the grace of God, which He gives in large measure - God's stamp of ownership by giving me His Holy Spirit.

the information provided is to be used to establish a new certificate of birth for the adopted child-

The Great Exchange

He has taken from me:

-negativity, -immaturity, -anger, -rage, -hate, -unforgivness, -bitterness, -selfishness, -depression, -neediness, -lonliness, -jealousy, -manipulation, -victim mentality, -impatience, -old emotional habits, mindsets and automatic reactions, -a critical spirit, -rude assumptions, -and my self-protective stance.

He has replaced in me:

-worth, -confidence, -kindness, -patience, -maturity, -goodness, -gentleness, -self control, -friendliness, -charm, -peacefulness, -loving, -thankfulness, -security, -strength, -a new idenity.

Thanks for that, winnie! that was a blessing to read. i needed to be reminded of that. :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/21/1952

Winniesue,

A very inspiring and convicting post.

:noidea:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/17/1964

God is using these to keep me accountable to His way and not mine. And in just a few days, I have noticed a big difference in the choices I make. :)

AMAZING VERSES eh ...I especially love the translation of the Message.

Amen, God is so Good, and I am so thankful for His Written Word.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Birthday:  08/13/1981

That is an awesome verse and so true. Thanks for sharing that with us Winniesue!