• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

In 1 John we are given some direction about this:

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." 1 John 4:1-3

In testing the spirits, invoke the name of Jesus. Command any spirit that is not come in the name of Jesus to leave.

And there it is: Sound advice.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  161
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,728
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

hello new friend:)

i believe we have lots to talk about sometime. i checked your profile and learned of your wiccan background. i have had similar experiences. so much to say, but for now.. the topic at hand.

the gift of discernment is what you are looking for as far as a title goes, to aid in the good or bad department ( read 1 Cor 12). it is truly seeking the Holy Spirit to distinguish/discern these spirits. discernment is one of my spiritual gifts, so if you want more detail let me know. i have been in tune to the spiritual realm my entire life, so as i said much to say at a later time. it is this fact that the enemy twisted in my life at a young age to make the wicca faith so intriguining. thank God that He removed this lie from my life. it is all Jesus!!!!

i have witnessed many excorisms and thigs of that nature as well as being an active member of spiritual warfare for as long as i can remember, even as a small child. at the times of these events, my animals always reacted. animals know more than we think. chances are that if your pets are not digging the spirit present it is not one of God. i do not reccomend communication with any spirit other than the Holy Spirit!!!! this is a major point to be followed. for even "Satan can disguise himsdelf as an angel of light" (2Cor 11:14). so be cautious, sister and ever careful. " for we are not fighting against flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 6:12). always go to God for your guidance on this, and pray for Him to bring fellow believers into your world that will share His truth with you.

this is a delicate subject in the church, but even Paul was preaching about it in his ministry following Christ. so i believe it to be a major role for the body of Christ.

your becoming more sensitive since you became a believer makes complete sense for a couple of reasons.

1- the gift of discernment and the ability to encounter spirits is a gift from God. Satan can distort this in many ways, especially in the case of fear or making you believe that it is human power alone. this gift was given so that we may fight on God's side in the constant spiritual battle that has been active since the fall of man. it is God's power and ability that He shares with His children.

2- based on the above statement, the spirits that were in your life before you accepted Christ do not want to leave so easily. they have had rein in your life for some time and want to stay. they do NOT have power over you anymore b/c YOU HAVE THE BLOOD OF JESUS COPVERING YOUR ENTIRE BEING!!!!! TAKE PEACE AND CONFIDENCE IN THIS FACT ALWAYS!! even when you may doubt, speak this aloud. no spirit can stand against this power: the power of the blood shed for you and me and everyone who exists.

i hope this aids and encourages you in your wonderful journey:)

i am definitey praying for you! wisdom and understanding...

i can reccomend some resources for you and would love to chat if you are interested

be well my sister and full of peace....

I would love to chat sometime :thumbsup: pm me and I will give you my contact info. What resources?

i'm a little new to this site......what is pm?

PM means to send a Personal Message. You can find the facility on the user's profile.

To the OP.........I would advise that you rid yourself of all contact with these 'spirits'

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

Amen!

Dear Sister

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." Proverbs 4:23

Think On Jesus Christ

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

And Treasure The Holy Bible

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Psalms 119:11

And Abide In His Love

"Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me." John 15:3-4

And Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The LORD God Almighty

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

As Joe quotes; "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

When I feel fear and anger; there is no doubt it is NOT an angel around so I put my armor on and command it to leave. Then I ask myself what allowed it to come into my home or work. Is there something there that left an opening? Some type of sin or something similar? Repent! It might not always be you but something someone else did or brought in. You have to figure it out and play detective and pray upon it or you will be in spiritual warfare!

Then again, when it's an angel or a saint; you will feel peace and joy (as it is from Heaven) and maybe you'll see a white light as I do sometimes or a white silhouette. Everyone is different on how they see or feel them but you will definitely know if you put your faith in God. And, if it is of the enemy; command it to leave in the name of Jesus; our Lord and Saviour! And trust me, they will!!! They are sooo sooo scared of Jesus!!! And if you still feel something not quite right, then ask God to send you some warrior angels to help assist you in making the stubborn ones leave. Just tell Jesus they are being stubborn and God WILL distribute his arm on your defense!

Hope that helps some!

In His Service,

Chiquita

• Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/05/1975

hello new friend:)

i believe we have lots to talk about sometime. i checked your profile and learned of your wiccan background. i have had similar experiences. so much to say, but for now.. the topic at hand.

the gift of discernment is what you are looking for as far as a title goes, to aid in the good or bad department ( read 1 Cor 12). it is truly seeking the Holy Spirit to distinguish/discern these spirits. discernment is one of my spiritual gifts, so if you want more detail let me know. i have been in tune to the spiritual realm my entire life, so as i said much to say at a later time. it is this fact that the enemy twisted in my life at a young age to make the wicca faith so intriguining. thank God that He removed this lie from my life. it is all Jesus!!!!

i have witnessed many excorisms and thigs of that nature as well as being an active member of spiritual warfare for as long as i can remember, even as a small child. at the times of these events, my animals always reacted. animals know more than we think. chances are that if your pets are not digging the spirit present it is not one of God. i do not reccomend communication with any spirit other than the Holy Spirit!!!! this is a major point to be followed. for even "Satan can disguise himsdelf as an angel of light" (2Cor 11:14). so be cautious, sister and ever careful. " for we are not fighting against flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 6:12). always go to God for your guidance on this, and pray for Him to bring fellow believers into your world that will share His truth with you.

this is a delicate subject in the church, but even Paul was preaching about it in his ministry following Christ. so i believe it to be a major role for the body of Christ.

your becoming more sensitive since you became a believer makes complete sense for a couple of reasons.

1- the gift of discernment and the ability to encounter spirits is a gift from God. Satan can distort this in many ways, especially in the case of fear or making you believe that it is human power alone. this gift was given so that we may fight on God's side in the constant spiritual battle that has been active since the fall of man. it is God's power and ability that He shares with His children.

2- based on the above statement, the spirits that were in your life before you accepted Christ do not want to leave so easily. they have had rein in your life for some time and want to stay. they do NOT have power over you anymore b/c YOU HAVE THE BLOOD OF JESUS COPVERING YOUR ENTIRE BEING!!!!! TAKE PEACE AND CONFIDENCE IN THIS FACT ALWAYS!! even when you may doubt, speak this aloud. no spirit can stand against this power: the power of the blood shed for you and me and everyone who exists.

i hope this aids and encourages you in your wonderful journey:)

i am definitey praying for you! wisdom and understanding...

i can reccomend some resources for you and would love to chat if you are interested

be well my sister and full of peace....

AMEN, SISTER!!!! PREACH IT!!!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

I have a question on paranormal manifestation. Since I was a very little girl, I could always remember seeing and communicate with spirits (some good, some not). I believe that I have had encounters with Angels as well as other spirits. I have noticed some changes over the last two months in how my seeing is working. How do I know for sure what kind of spirit I am dealing without communicating with the spirits that I am seeing?

I am still having a lot of stuff going on that I am fairly certain is a negative spirit but not all of them seem that way. I kind of expected to quit seeing when I chose to believe; however, that did not occur. It seems that I seem to have gotten even more sensitive which is so bizarre.

** note: when I say, "seeing," I mean with my open eyes not my mind. My animals have responded to the spirits when I have seen them so this is no act of my imagination.

Anyway, thanks for any constructive responses.

Hey Ya Angelique

Listen to that gut instinct within you. From the sounds of your post it sounds like you know deep within yourself that something is not right. Definetley weigh every thing against the Bible and what you know of God but also listen closely for the concience He has given you. The more you listen your concience and act accordingly the stronger it will become and you will know for certain to say, this is not right. I believe God gives us dreams and visions but He also gives us discernment and His word to know the difference.

One other thing is your animals. How do they react ??? I believe animals are amazingly discerning. A few years ago I had a couple of ladies who cleaned house for me. I'll never forget one day when one of my cats made contact with one of the cleaning ladies for the first time. My cat walked into a room and saw this lady, my cats back went up and the two of them locked eyes, next thing my cat flew at this lady, hissing all the way then vered off and scurried under the lounge. The cat in question has always been skittish but I have never seen a cat react to any person this way and never since. A few weeks later the other cleaner told me she had been placed on child molestation charges, needless to say that one cleaner never came into my home again. My point is the cat saw something in this woman, she saw something unseen by either myself or the other cleaner. A similar thing happend with my dog, he has never been an aggressive animal at all and is so friendly with everyone but on two occassions he has reacted, once to a delivery guy and another time to a guy who asked what we were doing with some copper in our yard. With the guy asking for the copper I saw him coming up the yard and felt nervous by his look so took the dog to the door with me but never expect my dog to react the way he did. He is a very discerning animal.

I know in these cases it was people involved but the animals sense something in the spirit that we don't always sense.

If your animals are reacting I would take note of that too.

My animals do react. My bird will see them as well. They usually don't freak out. My cat will hiss at times. My dog is the one who reacts badly to the dark ones. If the animals don't freak, does that mean what I am seeing is of God?

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

Amen!

Dear Sister

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." Proverbs 4:23

Think On Jesus Christ

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Psalms 119:11

And Abide In His Love

"Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me." John 15:3-4

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

As Joe quotes; "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

When I feel fear and anger; there is no doubt it is NOT an angel around so I put my armor on and command it to leave. Then I ask myself what allowed it to come into my home or work. Is there something there that left an opening? Some type of sin or something similar? Repent! It might not always be you but something someone else did or brought in. You have to figure it out and play detective and pray upon it or you will be in spiritual warfare!

Then again, when it's an angel or a saint; you will feel peace and joy (as it is from Heaven) and maybe you'll see a white light as I do sometimes or a white silhouette. Everyone is different on how they see or feel them but you will definitely know if you put your faith in God. And, if it is of the enemy; command it to leave in the name of Jesus; our Lord and Saviour! And trust me, they will!!! They are sooo sooo scared of Jesus!!! And if you still feel something not quite right, then ask God to send you some warrior angels to help assist you in making the stubborn ones leave. Just tell Jesus they are being stubborn and God WILL distribute his arm on your defense!

Hope that helps some!

In His Service,

Chiquita

Very encourageing. In the UK the police I think have a department they call "spooks", that may be a type of spiritual law enforcement. I was having trouble with stubborn spirits and I went to the police but they just referred me to a doctor (lol, such is our cross), so I went to the doctor and got prayed for at church. The thing about these things is christian oughtn't to be enticed into occultic warfare just because some deadbeat wants to mess them up. We should be able to make use of the equipped ministries and professional services. If my children were oppressed like that by any irresponsible or bully types I wouldn't want them venturing out into the darkness and jeopardise their christian oriention, which though it be foolishness to those who are perishing, is the power of God to them that believe. So I was led to remain in the light and deal with things so, I'm determined to experience the wisdom of God in the land of the living. Wishing you health and prosperity as your soul prospers.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

Amen!

Dear Sister

Think On Jesus Christ

And Abide In His Love

Love, Your Brother Joe

Hope that helps some!

In His Service,

Chiquita

Very encourageing. In the UK the police I think have a department they call "spooks", that may be a type of spiritual law enforcement. I was having trouble with stubborn spirits and I went to the police but they just referred me to a doctor (lol, such is our cross), so I went to the doctor and got prayed for at church. The thing about these things is christian oughtn't to be enticed into occultic warfare just because some deadbeat wants to mess them up. We should be able to make use of the equipped ministries and professional services. If my children were oppressed like that by any irresponsible or bully types I wouldn't want them venturing out into the darkness and jeopardise their christian oriention, which though it be foolishness to those who are perishing, is the power of God to them that believe. So I was led to remain in the light and deal with things so, I'm determined to experience the wisdom of God in the land of the living. Wishing you health and prosperity as your soul prospers.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

I have a question on paranormal manifestation. Since I was a very little girl, I could always remember seeing and communicate with spirits (some good, some not). I believe that I have had encounters with Angels as well as other spirits. I have noticed some changes over the last two months in how my seeing is working. How do I know for sure what kind of spirit I am dealing without communicating with the spirits that I am seeing?

I am still having a lot of stuff going on that I am fairly certain is a negative spirit but not all of them seem that way. I kind of expected to quit seeing when I chose to believe; however, that did not occur. It seems that I seem to have gotten even more sensitive which is so bizarre.

** note: when I say, "seeing," I mean with my open eyes not my mind. My animals have responded to the spirits when I have seen them so this is no act of my imagination.

Anyway, thanks for any constructive responses.

Hey Ya Angelique

Listen to that gut instinct within you. From the sounds of your post it sounds like you know deep within yourself that something is not right. Definetley weigh every thing against the Bible and what you know of God but also listen closely for the concience He has given you. The more you listen your concience and act accordingly the stronger it will become and you will know for certain to say, this is not right. I believe God gives us dreams and visions but He also gives us discernment and His word to know the difference.

One other thing is your animals. How do they react ??? I believe animals are amazingly discerning. A few years ago I had a couple of ladies who cleaned house for me. I'll never forget one day when one of my cats made contact with one of the cleaning ladies for the first time. My cat walked into a room and saw this lady, my cats back went up and the two of them locked eyes, next thing my cat flew at this lady, hissing all the way then vered off and scurried under the lounge. The cat in question has always been skittish but I have never seen a cat react to any person this way and never since. A few weeks later the other cleaner told me she had been placed on child molestation charges, needless to say that one cleaner never came into my home again. My point is the cat saw something in this woman, she saw something unseen by either myself or the other cleaner. A similar thing happend with my dog, he has never been an aggressive animal at all and is so friendly with everyone but on two occassions he has reacted, once to a delivery guy and another time to a guy who asked what we were doing with some copper in our yard. With the guy asking for the copper I saw him coming up the yard and felt nervous by his look so took the dog to the door with me but never expect my dog to react the way he did. He is a very discerning animal.

I know in these cases it was people involved but the animals sense something in the spirit that we don't always sense.

If your animals are reacting I would take note of that too.

My animals do react. My bird will see them as well. They usually don't freak out. My cat will hiss at times. My dog is the one who reacts badly to the dark ones. If the animals don't freak, does that mean what I am seeing is of God?

I think that animals sometimes can see - or feel - things that we can't. I wouldn't put too much stock in the animals reaction as to whether they are "good" or "evil". In the Old Testament (Numbers chapter 22) we are told about Balaam. He was a prophet who was used by God, but who didn't give his whole self to serving God. It's an interesting story, but at one point Balaam was on his way to help the enemies of the Israelites. As he rode his donkey along, the "Angel of the LORD" (in the Old Testament when it is written this way it means Jesus) blocked the way. Balaam could not see Him, but the donkey refused to pass. It's a long story, but the point that I am trying to show you is that the animal saw what Balaam couldn't, and even though it was Jesus the donkey would not go past Him.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

Hello Angelique,

Maybe don't test the spirits by your pets reactions. Trusting Jesus allready said how to test them and then take authority over them. Discerning of Spirits is one of the "manifestations" of the Holy Spirit that is talked about in 1 Corinthians 12. I prefer to call them manifistations and not gifts. Reason being is because one, that is what the bible calls them and two, too many people say that they have one of those "gifts"...well if you read, it says that they are in manifestation "to each one individually as He [The Spirit] wills." No one can claim these manifestations are in operation in their life on a regular basis...it is as The Spirit wills. Beware of people that say that they have one of these "gifts." someone allready said that they have the "gift of discernment"...you have to be careful...that isn't even in the bible...to me the "gift of discernment" sounds like it might come from a word of knowledge or something...what are they discerning? The manifestation of the discerning of spirits, when in manifestation from the Holy Spirit (as he wills) is always going to profit someone. These manifestations of The Spirit are given "for the profit of all." Are others profiting from your manifestations? We have to remember, satin is a supernatural being as well and he can pervert what God has ordained as good. Still the only way to know that it is from God is to declare the name of Jesus over every one of your manifestations...if there is not "profit for all" going on and if there is no peace within you...you know it is not from God.

Walking in Victory,

J

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

In 1 John we are given some direction about this:

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." 1 John 4:1-3

In testing the spirits, invoke the name of Jesus. Command any spirit that is not come in the name of Jesus to leave.

I am in agreement with this.

Because the Spirit of God is now inside of you, He has given you the authority to command the evil spirits to leave.

So, when you see a spirit, simply say, "Any spirit that is not come in the name of Jesus, leave."

Or you can say, "Spirit, is Jesus your Lord and Master?" If the spirit does not say, "Yes, Jesus is my Lord and Master," (be careful about a simple, "Yes." Evil Spirits can get away with lying by a simple yes, but to confess Jesus as "my" Lord is something they cannot bring themselves to do, even in a lie), then command it to leave in the name of Jesus.

Make sense?