• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

In 1 John we are given some direction about this:

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." 1 John 4:1-3

In testing the spirits, invoke the name of Jesus. Command any spirit that is not come in the name of Jesus to leave.

I am in agreement with this.

Because the Spirit of God is now inside of you, He has given you the authority to command the evil spirits to leave.

So, when you see a spirit, simply say, "Any spirit that is not come in the name of Jesus, leave."

Or you can say, "Spirit, is Jesus your Lord and Master?" If the spirit does not say, "Yes, Jesus is my Lord and Master," (be careful about a simple, "Yes." Evil Spirits can get away with lying by a simple yes, but to confess Jesus as "my" Lord is something they cannot bring themselves to do, even in a lie), then command it to leave in the name of Jesus.

Make sense?

:th_praying: I agree. "Yes" is very blunt, but get the name of Jesus involved and the truth serfaces.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I have a question on paranormal manifestation. Since I was a very little girl, I could always remember seeing and communicate with spirits (some good, some not). I believe that I have had encounters with Angels as well as other spirits. I have noticed some changes over the last two months in how my seeing is working. How do I know for sure what kind of spirit I am dealing without communicating with the spirits that I am seeing?

I am still having a lot of stuff going on that I am fairly certain is a negative spirit but not all of them seem that way. I kind of expected to quit seeing when I chose to believe; however, that did not occur. It seems that I seem to have gotten even more sensitive which is so bizarre.

** note: when I say, "seeing," I mean with my open eyes not my mind. My animals have responded to the spirits when I have seen them so this is no act of my imagination.

Anyway, thanks for any constructive responses.

Hey Ya Angelique

Listen to that gut instinct within you. From the sounds of your post it sounds like you know deep within yourself that something is not right. Definetley weigh every thing against the Bible and what you know of God but also listen closely for the concience He has given you. The more you listen your concience and act accordingly the stronger it will become and you will know for certain to say, this is not right. I believe God gives us dreams and visions but He also gives us discernment and His word to know the difference.

One other thing is your animals. How do they react ??? I believe animals are amazingly discerning. A few years ago I had a couple of ladies who cleaned house for me. I'll never forget one day when one of my cats made contact with one of the cleaning ladies for the first time. My cat walked into a room and saw this lady, my cats back went up and the two of them locked eyes, next thing my cat flew at this lady, hissing all the way then vered off and scurried under the lounge. The cat in question has always been skittish but I have never seen a cat react to any person this way and never since. A few weeks later the other cleaner told me she had been placed on child molestation charges, needless to say that one cleaner never came into my home again. My point is the cat saw something in this woman, she saw something unseen by either myself or the other cleaner. A similar thing happend with my dog, he has never been an aggressive animal at all and is so friendly with everyone but on two occassions he has reacted, once to a delivery guy and another time to a guy who asked what we were doing with some copper in our yard. With the guy asking for the copper I saw him coming up the yard and felt nervous by his look so took the dog to the door with me but never expect my dog to react the way he did. He is a very discerning animal.

I know in these cases it was people involved but the animals sense something in the spirit that we don't always sense.

If your animals are reacting I would take note of that too.

My animals do react. My bird will see them as well. They usually don't freak out. My cat will hiss at times. My dog is the one who reacts badly to the dark ones. If the animals don't freak, does that mean what I am seeing is of God?

I think that animals sometimes can see - or feel - things that we can't. I wouldn't put too much stock in the animals reaction as to whether they are "good" or "evil". In the Old Testament (Numbers chapter 22) we are told about Balaam. He was a prophet who was used by God, but who didn't give his whole self to serving God. It's an interesting story, but at one point Balaam was on his way to help the enemies of the Israelites. As he rode his donkey along, the "Angel of the LORD" (in the Old Testament when it is written this way it means Jesus) blocked the way. Balaam could not see Him, but the donkey refused to pass. It's a long story, but the point that I am trying to show you is that the animal saw what Balaam couldn't, and even though it was Jesus the donkey would not go past Him.

<>< ><>

Nathele

I would NOT say at all that if the animals don't react it is OK or that it is God, but if they are reacting in a negative way like your cat and dog do I would take serious note of it because animals do see things we don't. My personal opinion is that if you've opened yourself up to something supernaturally in the past and now become a Christian the enemy can use your familiarity with the supernatural to deceive you and I don't believe God would place you in the position of having to decide what is of Him and what isn't, I personally would think this is more of a trick by the enemy.

Sorry for any confusion with bringing the animals into it, I just thought it was a valid point to take note of the fact that they are discerning. I was in no way suggesting that you test the spirits in that way, but be mindful of it.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/17/1953

I have a question on paranormal manifestation. Since I was a very little girl, I could always remember seeing and communicate with spirits (some good, some not). I believe that I have had encounters with Angels as well as other spirits. I have noticed some changes over the last two months in how my seeing is working. How do I know for sure what kind of spirit I am dealing without communicating with the spirits that I am seeing?

I am still having a lot of stuff going on that I am fairly certain is a negative spirit but not all of them seem that way. I kind of expected to quit seeing when I chose to believe; however, that did not occur. It seems that I seem to have gotten even more sensitive which is so bizarre.

** note: when I say, "seeing," I mean with my open eyes not my mind. My animals have responded to the spirits when I have seen them so this is no act of my imagination.

Anyway, thanks for any constructive responses.

If it is not of the spirit it will be obvious, anything that is of the spirit will be of absolutely no doubt. the confirmations of the Holy Ghost are true, sacred, and natural, manifestations of the spirit will give nothing but good inspiration and pure love as nothing else can be. any thing that makes you even doubt in any way, is not of the lord. :huh:

• Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

In 1 John we are given some direction about this:

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." 1 John 4:1-3

In testing the spirits, invoke the name of Jesus. Command any spirit that is not come in the name of Jesus to leave.

I am in agreement with this.

Because the Spirit of God is now inside of you, He has given you the authority to command the evil spirits to leave.

So, when you see a spirit, simply say, "Any spirit that is not come in the name of Jesus, leave."

Or you can say, "Spirit, is Jesus your Lord and Master?" If the spirit does not say, "Yes, Jesus is my Lord and Master," (be careful about a simple, "Yes." Evil Spirits can get away with lying by a simple yes, but to confess Jesus as "my" Lord is something they cannot bring themselves to do, even in a lie), then command it to leave in the name of Jesus.

Make sense?

kind of makes sense.....

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

What trusting Jesus says....plus

1. If something is showing up within your home other then Jesus himself and talks to you~~~~ tell it to go away in Jesus name.
  2. Always invoke the Name of Jesus
angels do not audibly speak when they are in angel form, Push into Christ more and evil although sly can be felt in your spirt.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

What trusting Jesus says....plus
  1. If something is showing up within your home other then Jesus himself and talks to you~~~~ tell it to go away in Jesus name.
  2. Always invoke the Name of Jesus
angels do not audibly speak when they are in angel form, Push into Christ more and evil although sly can be felt in your spirt.

:emot-lookaround:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  261
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/15/1970

What exactly do you mean by "ruthless integrity" :noidea:

:mgfrog::taped::taped:

Maybe He Meant "Uncompromising Integrity"

I meant that he refused to walk by sight but kept-on living by faith in order that the testimony would be consistant.

What exactly do you mean by "ruthless integrity" :mgfrog:
:):wub::)

Maybe He Meant "Uncompromising Integrity"

I meant that he refused to walk by sight but kept-on living by faith in order that the testimony would be consistant.

:emot-highfive:

Amen!

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I am no expert in this area but I will give my opinion. We live in a physical world, but we are surrounded by the supernatural world. Most of us aren't sensitive to this supernatural world because we don't encourage it. You have encouraged this connection and are sensitive to the supernatural. When you accepted Jesus this sensitivity didn't just stop. As Christian we talk about being empowered by the Holy Spirit and having spiritual gifts. Well, this is a form of opening up to the supernatural world. In 1 John we are given some direction about this:

I am sure you will get much better advice from others on the forum, but that is my opinion.

<>< ><>

Nathele

tests the spirit

If the spirit will say that Yeshua/Jesus came in the flesh, did and reserected then they are from G-d. If they won't say it then they are from haSatan/the devil