• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Angelique, honey -

I know how strong the pull towards the supernatural is. If I had not come to know Jesus at such an early age as I did, I know I would have fallen into witchcraft or Neo-Paganism, or something of the like (that is, if I didn't get around to ending my life . . . but that's another story).

I know the thrill of power is not easy to let go of. But God did not mean for us to be powerless.

I know it is hard to let go when you can't conceive what you are gaining when you let the stuff go. When torment is all you know, how can you understand peace? How can you grab a hold of peace when you don't know what peace is?

This goes back to taking a step of faith - the same step of faith you took when you accepted Jesus as Savior and Lord. This step is to believe that to destroy and get rid of these items of demonic power will bring an end to the torment you so desperately want to be freed from. I know it's a scary thought to let go of your old security, to break off the last ties to your past, to cut off the "safety net" of return.

But you got to let go. You need to let go. It is the only way to bring an end to the torment and fear.

I had to give up something myself last night, so I can feel the struggle of letting go. But I was alone, and didn't have anyone to encourage me along or cheer me on or offer to take my hand. Just me and the Lord, and I had to let it go. And yes, I cried; I cried a lot, and I cried hard. But I feel better for having done so. And really, it isn't cruelty to have to let go of something I love, for what I was holding onto only brought me heartache. And yes, it is difficult to believe that what I am holding onto in place of what I let go of can compare with the other. But that's where trust comes in - trust in Daddy (God), that He knows best, and that He only desires good things for His children.

Prayers that you can let go of the treasure that brings you torment for the Treasure that will bring you peace and joy.

:24:

I have not been able to bring myself to burn it or throw it away. My cards are especially hard to part with. The one Christian friend I have is coming to my house when she gets off work late tonight and I plan on talking with her in person about this.

I feel like I have this strong inner battle over this and I'm not sure why I can't seem to let go of everything but I keep praying I can soon.

nebula is right. Anything that brings on pain and fear is not from the Lord. The inner battle you are having is a spiritual battle over your soul. It is a bondage that needs to be broken so you can be set free and Jesus can do that. In Christ you will still have your gift but you will be using it for Christ. I also have seen spirits both good and bad that were inside of people and out side and there was no fear in me because the Jesus in me is greater then they are and when I invoke His name they flee.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

These things that you are holding onto --- that you just can't seem to let go of --- are controlling you. The battle you feel is real. Everyone is in a battle, but you have a sensitivity to the spiritual world that most people don't. The things that you are holding onto are strongholds which Satan's demons are using to bring you pain. You cannot serve two masters. You have accepted Christ's sacrifice on the cross, but you have not totally given yourself to Him. Once you are able to make a clean break with the wiccan life you will find that you can move forward and begin to feal the peace you crave so much. The demons will not make it easy for you. But this is when you need to take control rather than allowing the demons to have control. Angelique, my heart breaks everytime you share your struggles with us. But you have a choice to make. You have made the best choice you can ever make by choosing to accept Jesus. But now you can choose to stay in the horrid pain and confussion and feel pulled, or you can make a clean break and give yourself to Jesus completely. Life will never be perfect this side of Heaven, but you can make life here better for yourself. Get rid of the things you are holding onto.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Ok, I have more time now,

When I was involved in the occult, I gained spiritual and emotional attachments to those books, which the books I wrote would cause paranormal manifestations, After I was saved I held on to them or 3 years, and suffered with major demonic bondages, and the paranormal manifestations wouldn't stop. One of my friends called me and said he was praying for me, and God put something on his heart, he said that the Lord revealed to him that I was holding on to something that is separating me from the Lord, He had no clue about the books, so that night I burned them, and I rebuked Satan out of my life, I was released from the bondage those books have caused. I still had other bondages not from the books, I had spiritual attachments, which is hard to explain, but it held me under other bondages, the Lord lead me through and for a year now I have been set free from the spiritual bondages I was under.

Trust in the Lord and he will guide you through, he desires to release you from these bondages.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

I have a question on paranormal manifestation. Since I was a very little girl, I could always remember seeing and communicate with spirits (some good, some not). I believe that I have had encounters with Angels as well as other spirits. I have noticed some changes over the last two months in how my seeing is working. How do I know for sure what kind of spirit I am dealing without communicating with the spirits that I am seeing?

I am still having a lot of stuff going on that I am fairly certain is a negative spirit but not all of them seem that way. I kind of expected to quit seeing when I chose to believe; however, that did not occur. It seems that I seem to have gotten even more sensitive which is so bizarre.

** note: when I say, "seeing," I mean with my open eyes not my mind. My animals have responded to the spirits when I have seen them so this is no act of my imagination.

Anyway, thanks for any constructive responses.

I have seen many people at a church I used to go to, delivered from evil spirits. These were christians who had dabbled in the occult, etc., familiar spirits, or spirit visitation before they got saved. For some reason these demons did not want to leave when Jesus came in, but hung around the individual/s harrassing them. A discerning minister spoke to the demon/s and commanded it to leave in Jesus name. This requires faith, the authority of Jesus name and the annointing of the spirit of God. If you feel you cannot be delivered by your own faith, I would find a pastor or minister to lay hands on me and pray for you. I do know one thing, the demonic spirits will not acknowledge any namby pamby, now-I-lay-me-down-to-sleep prayer. It has to be the prayer of real faith. God bless you, praying for you. Love, your sis, Miss Elly

• 10 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 2/24/2008 at 3:04 AM, ~~ angelique ~~ said:

How do I know for sure what kind of spirit I am dealing without communicating with the spirits that I am seeing?

Nearly all the time, evil spirits manifest themselves and try to make themselves be seen as angels. Just fight them, and if they dont go away from fierce rebuke then they could be actual angels. This in itself is very very rare. Demons lie, so if you saw these spirits, do not communicate with them, because demons never tell the truth and they completely act the opposite of God.