• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

Thanks for your replies.

Damo I may be moving too. It is going to be a huge change for me but I feel God is leading.

Cheers

Natt

damo1

hay natt

i know how you are feeling i am alreading stressing as i am in australia and kristina is in the phillippines we were just talking on the ph for the first two years we only kept in contac by ph and internet to were she wanted me to come up and meet her family and see how she lives it is one of the poorest countrys natt it was a big shock to me to how they live but very close and they support each other

i had to walk out as it was affecting me i was at her grandmothers place as it was her grandmothers birthday she sat next to me and held my hands and welcomed me with kristina interperting what she was saying back in english to me

half of her family were their uncle in her language means tito as i had her brothers daughters clinging to me if i did not walk out for 5 min i would have cried as i never had a big family or had felt what i am feeling for kristina

her parents even have adopted me as their son not son in law as they are all involved in the main church in bacolod

natt if he takes you to his country just let the holy spirit lead you and take everything in learn about him about his culture the way they live and just be your self

i am glad you have a good man who has taken to you and take it step by step natt

while i was their in her country i was well looked after and every one was very acepting wanting to practise their english on me i ate their food so avoid macdonalds and what you are use too this wil show him you at least are willing to adjust and let him know if its afecting you as it wil challange you natt i did this with kristina as she was asking how i was as their were sevral times she left me alone and boy did i find it hard

talk about culture gap and communication brake down i tried so hard to communicate as their english is not as good as ours is but i understood what was being said i had to speak very slow and very clear i even ate with my hands as they do not use knifes and forks but have this in their homes

the main services were preached in her language as kristina preached in english half way to the end but i understood what she was preaching and saying to her members hay if you want any advice pm me natt and i wil try to help you adjust as much as i can

hope all goes well for you and your new husband

cheers from your brother in the lord damien stipic

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/07/1981

hello ... just my take on it and i have no problem with other races marring if it doesnt affect ones salvation... if both are saved ... which is with anyone... what ever there race... i dont believe God sees color ... he sees the blood .. that is what i think... i have not seen scripture that says we cant marry outside of our skin color.... but there are many people that are very sure that we shouldnt ... i just dont see it that way... my prayers are with u... may God bless you ....

sister vicki

:(Well said Sis Vicki... As long as you are equally yolked, race shouldn't matter.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  692
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/02/1946

It seems everyone covered the responses very well. All I can add is God Bless you and congratulations! :(

Guest HIS girl

I am a child of mixed parentage and as a Christian, my advice to you is there is NO Biblical foundation for not allowing different cultures/races to marry based upon skin colour alone.

The foundation of a Christian marriage is to be Christ centred - a union between Followers of God. :laugh:

From what I know about the Samoan community is they are largely Christian and family oriented, so to marry your man is to "marry" his family. So there will be support there, especially when you have children - there will be no shortage of willing babysitters!! :(

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/03/1989

Congrats on your marriage. I believe it's a great thing when two believers commit to one another for better or worse, regardless of their skin color. Be weary of some Christians who will tell you it's wrong. I know such people. But we see Biblical evidence that marrying outside of race is not wrong. Moses was married to an Ethopian, and when his sister, Merriam, objected the marriage, God turned her skin white by giving her leprosy. That's in Numbers 12 I think.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

hello ... just my take on it and i have no problem with other races marring if it doesnt affect ones salvation... if both are saved ... which is with anyone... what ever there race... i dont believe God sees color ... he sees the blood .. that is what i think... i have not seen scripture that says we cant marry outside of our skin color.... but there are many people that are very sure that we shouldnt ... i just dont see it that way... my prayers are with u... may God bless you ....

sister vicki

:huh:Well said Sis Vicki... As long as you are equally yolked, race shouldn't matter.

This is the most important thing. God doesn't say we can't marry someone of another race; He does however say we are not to marry someone who is not a believer (I believe this is what 'unequally yoked' means).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

It doesn't matter to me...Love is where it is at .... however looking at it from a cultural way , whites have advantages and for a white person to marry another color it lowers there family status .

If you are of color and you marry a white person you increase your social status but if you are white and have colored children you lower your childrens status.

I thought it is really rather strange , Have you ever wondered why a white woman with a brown man is looked down at but a white man with a brown woman isn't much of a big deal.

Either way the children are the ones who pay.

To say this isn't true is to say we live in a world without racism and i haven't seen that yet but it is getting better.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi

I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with marrying someone of a different race. If the cultural backgrounds are very different then there might be some challenges but i think that with God's strength and the love you'll have for each other, it will be more of a joy than a burden to overcome them. It will be nice to learn about each others cultures and will make the relationship more interesting. The only thing to consider when getting married is if it's God's will.

May your marriage be blessed. :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

It doesn't matter to me...Love is where it is at .... however looking at it from a cultural way , whites have advantages and for a white person to marry another color it lowers there family status .

If you are of color and you marry a white person you increase your social status but if you are white and have colored children you lower your childrens status.

I thought it is really rather strange , Have you ever wondered why a white woman with a brown man is looked down at but a white man with a brown woman isn't much of a big deal.

Either way the children are the ones who pay.

To say this isn't true is to say we live in a world without racism and i haven't seen that yet but it is getting better.

There is much more acceptance of interracial marriage than there has ever been. I live in the South and it's not much of a big trauma here anymore. I think most people are just better educated and don't say stupid things anymore. My grandchild is in daycare with many children of different ethnic backgrounds - they all play beautifully. I think it's much more vital to marry someone with whom you are 'equally yoked' in Christianity. Thankfully, I think thoughtful people who are more realistic about life don't much believe the stereotypical things that you speak of as far as lowering/raising status, children paying, etc.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

If it was me i wouldnt let it keep me from the one i loved , you know moses was in a interracial marriage.