• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/12/1986

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

a Verse that hits me and hard, comming from a rougher background. a short time street kid who hated home did not know where i belonged at all. My struggles my self, my weakness, my laws these all are my "pit" or "hole" in this race that we run. my urge to fight comes and goes, my wanting to hate everyone and be a hermit is something that digs in me. But i Pray to God that none of it will be upon me! and sometimesi forget those times i struggle the most. That when i am not focused upon Jesus Christ the Author and perfector of my faith who died for my sins my shame he died out of love, another thing i am slowly learning. yet Jesus Stood RECKLESS ABANDONED in front of people who mocked him who hurled insults and stones curses upon this king who bled for them, He died for us. he did not conform to them saying something like "oo hey im gonna stop calling my self the Son of God, cause you are all gonna kill me" NO he stood firm he struggled with it but he trusted in What God called his Son to, Who died and rose again!

Jesus stood againt the times and people that said something diffrent about him about what he believed about WHO HE SAID HE WAS!

He went beyound that.

others who show this Reckless abandoned leaving their comforts to follow God, Moses, he did not want to speak but yet he went beyound that trusting in God going BACK to where he came from and saved God's people. he straddled two diffrent posts he stood firm in who God was. and followed God in his life.

Abraham a man who God used called him out of his home land to another one, not to return to. when he got to the new destination. he let Lot choose what land he wanted, NotAbe chooseing the best land for himself. being abandoned to his own wants and desires, letting others go before him. and aberam was used by god being set apart,

As we all are called to be this, being diffrent then what the world says.

Romans 12:2

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is

Guest lovesick4him
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

a Verse that hits me and hard, comming from a rougher background. a short time street kid who hated home did not know where i belonged at all. My struggles my self, my weakness, my laws these all are my "pit" or "hole" in this race that we run. my urge to fight comes and goes, my wanting to hate everyone and be a hermit is something that digs in me. But i Pray to God that none of it will be upon me! and sometimesi forget those times i struggle the most. That when i am not focused upon Jesus Christ the Author and perfector of my faith who died for my sins my shame he died out of love, another thing i am slowly learning. yet Jesus Stood RECKLESS ABANDONED in front of people who mocked him who hurled insults and stones curses upon this king who bled for them, He died for us. he did not conform to them saying something like "oo hey im gonna stop calling my self the Son of God, cause you are all gonna kill me" NO he stood firm he struggled with it but he trusted in What God called his Son to, Who died and rose again!

Jesus stood againt the times and people that said something diffrent about him about what he believed about WHO HE SAID HE WAS!

He went beyound that.

others who show this Reckless abandoned leaving their comforts to follow God, Moses, he did not want to speak but yet he went beyound that trusting in God going BACK to where he came from and saved God's people. he straddled two diffrent posts he stood firm in who God was. and followed God in his life.

Abraham a man who God used called him out of his home land to another one, not to return to. when he got to the new destination. he let Lot choose what land he wanted, NotAbe chooseing the best land for himself. being abandoned to his own wants and desires, letting others go before him. and aberam was used by god being set apart,

As we all are called to be this, being diffrent then what the world says.

Romans 12:2

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is

Guest lovesick4him

Hi.

Thank-you for everything you wrote. I could really relate to you. I loved everything you wrote and all of the Scripture that you were writing about. I wanted to read yours because of the title "Reckless Abandon".

That is such a powerful Scripture. I can relate to you how you said you sometimes want to be hermit and to hate everyone and fall into these pits and holes that so easily entagle us as the Scripture says.

This is encouraging because I need to throw off every weight that is hindering me and the sin that so easily entagles and to run the race set before me.

I feel like lately I feel into one of my hermit crab pits and have been lying in there stuck. I haven't been throwing off the weights or the sins but I have been sitting on the side line watching the other runners go by.

I haven't even cared lately, either. That is the scariest and worst part of it all. I am usually determined to get going again and to follow hard after my love, Jesus. Lately I have been so down I have not even felt I know how to get up again.

I miss being in His presence. He is the most sweet and wonderful lover and God and friend and Counselor and Healer and Father.

If you don't mind me asking, where were you a street kid when you were on the streets? How long were you on the streets and how old are you now?

Thanks, and much love, in Him,

Jessica

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I dislike people but enjoy persons. Does that make sense to you. You sound somwhat like John the baptist in the wilderness being prepared to run out and announce the return of the king. I have know idea why I wrote that...

Some of our great prophets and deliverers had the same difficulty.

If it wasn't for Jesus I may have killed plenty when I was in the world, including Gods animals birds and people who got in the way...but to look at me You would say i looked wholesome and meek.. ha

Father if this restlessness is not of you...remove it in Jesus name I pray. Amen

That is one of my favorite scriptures and indeed it is strengthening. I lalso read How long will we have to wait...from the martyrs saints who was asking the Lord God to come for them..It is in revelations as well. patricia1 Blessings to you.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  940
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Well said Bassplayer...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I dislike people but enjoy persons. Does that make sense to you

I understand completely what you mean - I'm like that, too!

Individuals are great to interact with, have a lot to offer, stuff like that.

People, however, are a "mob."

thanks,

It was for couple of months 6, ion ontario toronto, and then i jsut snuck in the house late at night i am 21 now. But i have changed completely. Still a fighter but on the otehr side.

Thanks that comment made sense. The people one.

and yea I have a otn of comments about it all, well about the John comment and that..

it is learning to go beyound our selves. and reaching to God and shaking off of our pain and the things that hinder us.

i have so many other things to write about but my fear of people what they think stops me but i know i have to reach out beyond it.

your welcome

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

God sees it all anyway....lol.

One of the great things here at Worthy is that I do not know one person here I do not trust and most of us have had the same stuff, whether in the past or present and only God knows the future. So when you feel comfortable take it one step at a time.

Also when you are able to private message someone it is exactly that private.

A number of people here have had personal encoragement from the Mods. :emot-hug:

i just get encouraged by those who respond.. i dont know if thats shallow :th_praying: