• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

If you played your music too loud too many times in UK, you could have your equipment confiscate and having to go to court and pay a huge fine.

Andrew, please tell me you're not serious! The police there can actually confiscate private property because you're being LOUD???? :)

Yes i am serious. However it is not the police who ultimately have the power of confiscation. All local governments have an environmental health department, the real power lies with the environmental health officer. IF say next door are playing loud music at 2am and you have tried to get them to turn it down and they wont, you could call police but they cant do much, however if you call the environmental health officer , they will monitor the noise level, go into your house etc, listen to see how bad it is and then if it is considered a nuisance they will then speak to the people involved and give them a written warning. If they continue to play the music and ignore further warnings, the environmental health officer can then confiscate the equipment, obviously this is where police then come in to assist.

Quite often the officer is busy, normally its just one or two people who do the job, or when they turn up the music has been turned off etc. If it is a persistent thing then the officer will give the person who made the complaints recording equipment to monitor the noise. after a couple of weeks of recording the officer will review the evidence, if found too loud then again writing warnings are issued, and again if it persists the person making the noise can then have their equipment seized and taken to court.

If someone or an organization wanted to play loud music for a period of time they would have to apply to council for a license to do so.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  537
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,655
  • Content Per Day:  5.01
  • Days Won:  218
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

What if someone knocks on your door and said could you turn down the music. I'm not religious. :laugh: What would you say.

can not say i have ever had that happen,

I can say, however, i have had some one come to my door, asking for a copy of the music i was playing (from 2 blocks away)

what I was playing was Amazing Grace done with Bagpipes.... in navy housing... there was a neighbor that was blasting some nasty stuff he called music, so loud, my kids could not watch tv (could not hear the tv turned up) so I played about 30 seconds of bagpipes.... that did not change his music level, so I increased the volume to about 50% and played it for about a minute and shut it off.... again he did not stop his noise..... so I had my boys go to their room, shut the door, and plug their ears..... i cranked up the stereo to about 200 amps (max out for my amp) and then played the entire song through ( about 5 minutes)

that same day, i had request for that song from at least a half dozen people........ go figure.....

that was the first time and the last time i ever did that..... lol

mike

:emot-hug::emot-hug::wacko::cool: and did they then turn the "music " down ? :laugh:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  08/13/1981

I would turn it down and say that I am not religious either as well. But if the nieghbor or someone is playing something with horrible lyrics and the music it's self is annoying then I would play mine loud or close the window.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

If you played your music too loud too many times in UK, you could have your equipment confiscate and having to go to court and pay a huge fine.

Andrew, please tell me you're not serious! The police there can actually confiscate private property because you're being LOUD???? :o

Yes i am serious. However it is not the police who ultimately have the power of confiscation. All local governments have an environmental health department, the real power lies with the environmental health officer. IF say next door are playing loud music at 2am and you have tried to get them to turn it down and they wont, you could call police but they cant do much, however if you call the environmental health officer , they will monitor the noise level, go into your house etc, listen to see how bad it is and then if it is considered a nuisance they will then speak to the people involved and give them a written warning. If they continue to play the music and ignore further warnings, the environmental health officer can then confiscate the equipment, obviously this is where police then come in to assist.

Quite often the officer is busy, normally its just one or two people who do the job, or when they turn up the music has been turned off etc. If it is a persistent thing then the officer will give the person who made the complaints recording equipment to monitor the noise. after a couple of weeks of recording the officer will review the evidence, if found too loud then again writing warnings are issued, and again if it persists the person making the noise can then have their equipment seized and taken to court.

If someone or an organization wanted to play loud music for a period of time they would have to apply to council for a license to do so.

in Hawaii, if your music can be heard 30 feet from your car, you can get ticketed for it being too loud, and could even have your equipment removed until after your court date.

What if someone knocks on your door and said could you turn down the music. I'm not religious. :o What would you say.

can not say i have ever had that happen,

I can say, however, i have had some one come to my door, asking for a copy of the music i was playing (from 2 blocks away)

what I was playing was Amazing Grace done with Bagpipes.... in navy housing... there was a neighbor that was blasting some nasty stuff he called music, so loud, my kids could not watch tv (could not hear the tv turned up) so I played about 30 seconds of bagpipes.... that did not change his music level, so I increased the volume to about 50% and played it for about a minute and shut it off.... again he did not stop his noise..... so I had my boys go to their room, shut the door, and plug their ears..... i cranked up the stereo to about 200 amps (max out for my amp) and then played the entire song through ( about 5 minutes)

that same day, i had request for that song from at least a half dozen people........ go figure.....

that was the first time and the last time i ever did that..... lol

mike

:blink::rolleyes::mgfrog::mgfrog: and did they then turn the "music " down ? :blink:

ummm actually, yes, they did..... they shut it down, and we never had the problem again.... funnything is, two weeks later, he was arrested for being AWOL....... hmmmmm

i have studied communications for quite some time, even before I entered the Navy and became even more aquainted with it..... Morse Code is still in use today, but not many people use it anymore..... it is one of the most reliable means of communications there is..... there is only one thing that has been found to be able to JAM (block ) it.... Bagpipe music... this is due to the several different tones at one time..... with morse code, you can have 20 people broadcasting on the same frequency at the same time, and you can adjust the beat freq oscillator to single out each one...... if some one is trying to cover up the morse code with sounds, the BFO can be adjusted to bring out the signal you wish to listen to...... however, if bagpipes are being played, it is almost impossible to single out the signal you wish to copy.....

blessings to all

mike

it does work with covering up other music as well....