• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  4.97
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

This is where forcing women thinking about having one to watch the video of one and then wait 24 hrs. IMO

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

I did a debate on abortion and found that 10% of all women who have them have severe psychological repercussions and/or have to go on medication for mental reasons. It's staggering.

So is the figure that about 20% of Canadians will have a mental health problem at some point in their lives. Its not really outside of actual statistical mental health numbers. I might add I've been on the recieving end for treatment from the Canadian medical system for that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Even though I do believe that there is great turmoil in the lives of these women, one factor is just about always left out. What about men who want the child, but the women have the child aborted.

[rant]As a father and husband, my wife decided years back that she did not want another child, so behind my back, she had our child aborted. It tore me apart for a long time. Even though women may go through psychological issues after an abortion, so do men.[/rant]

Sorry for the hijack ...

In His Love,

Alan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

I did a debate on abortion and found that 10% of all women who have them have severe psychological repercussions and/or have to go on medication for mental reasons. It's staggering.

These are the ones who may have been pressured into getting one. Like the gay marriage advocates, the pro-choice movement has alot of influence and have affected/infected enough people that this 10% may very well have been pressured or tricked into their abortions despite their better judgment. I believe those women who have miscarriages also suffer similar occurances of the same mental anguish.

I don't know about the gropu surveyed. I got my facts from standtrue.com, which is a pro-life website. They were not specific about their interviewing process, but their results matched up with other sources I checked. :whistling:

So is the figure that about 20% of Canadians will have a mental health problem at some point in their lives. Its not really outside of actual statistical mental health numbers. I might add I've been on the recieving end for treatment from the Canadian medical system for that.

I agree that a percentage of the population has some kind of mental illness, but there is a difference between having mild depression and having serious psychological problems. Plus, the twenty percent includes the elderly and children (Alzheimers, ADHD), neither of which frequent the abortion clinic. I'm just saying that having an abortion does not simply make a women 'sad,' it can and does cause mental health problems for many women.

After doing the debate and really finding out the facts, I can barely even think about it...! After finding out the procedures for abortion, I was just heartbroken. Four thousand children every day, denied the chance of living by their parents.

Onelight, you're right about men being left out the equation; it's stereotypical. I'm sorry for your loss. :whistling: