• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343674,00.html

I'm not exactly sure how to feel about this since scientists have been trying for so long to disprove or find natural causes for biblical events.

i can see this as a beautiful story. God can let the major impact land in an unpopulated area while allowing just enough debris to destroy a small portion.

my favorite part of the story is that one was able to translate that stone. that is way cool and there's no telling what that can lead to. plenty of neat stuff, no doubt, as more writings may be unearthed. neato!

Guest HIS girl

Jesus spoke about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah as an actual event that took place in history. I rest my case Foxnews. HE IS Worthy: )

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Not sure how an asteroid landing in Austria would cause a rain of fire over just a tiny area of the Mid-East. :whistling:

Only by the hand of God... :whistling:

That, of course, is assuming the asteroid is linked to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. :emot-hug:

Guest LadyC

i've always figured the fire from the sky was either a meteor shower OR a volcanic eruption. if soddom and gomorrah were in a valley, the eruption of firey lava would appear to be coming from the sky. this would also explain the supernatural occurrance of lot's wife turning to a pillar of salt using nature. it is pretty much what happened to the pompeiians, wasn't it? the volcanic ash rained down on them, instantly mumifying their bodies in motion.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

i've always figured the fire from the sky was either a meteor shower OR a volcanic eruption. if soddom and gomorrah were in a valley, the eruption of firey lava would appear to be coming from the sky. this would also explain the supernatural occurrance of lot's wife turning to a pillar of salt using nature. it is pretty much what happened to the pompeiians, wasn't it? the volcanic ash rained down on them, instantly mumifying their bodies in motion.

:rolleyes:

I have heard about the story behind a volcanic eruption from as far away as the Med. island (can't remember which one), but to say that it would also explain her turning to salt ... then they all would of done the same. Sorry ... I'll stick with God being in control and turning her to salt due to disobedience.

Guest LadyC

i didn't say it wasn't due to her disobedience! i just believe that God often used the natural environment in a supernatural way to achieve His will. God is just as capable of making volcanic ash rain down on one individual as He is of pointing His finger and saying "zap! you're a pillar of salt!"

and if it was volcanic ash, it could very well have been raining down on all of soddom and gomorrah.... but fire destroyed the whole of both cities, and we'll never know... not only were the citizens of those cities annhilated, the cities themselves disappeared forever. so who's to say how God made things happen from a forensic viewpoint? all we DO know is that fire came from the sky, consuming everything, and that lot's wife looked back with longing and was turned into salt for it.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

i didn't say it wasn't due to her disobedience! i just believe that God often used the natural environment in a supernatural way to achieve His will. God is just as capable of making volcanic ash rain down on one individual as He is of pointing His finger and saying "zap! you're a pillar of salt!"

and if it was volcanic ash, it could very well have been raining down on all of soddom and gomorrah.... but fire destroyed the whole of both cities, and we'll never know... not only were the citizens of those cities annhilated, the cities themselves disappeared forever. so who's to say how God made things happen from a forensic viewpoint? all we DO know is that fire came from the sky, consuming everything, and that lot's wife looked back with longing and was turned into salt for it.

:rofl: Another one for the list of question we can ask God when we meet Him!