• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

The text is good, the video is long but it will scare you to death. Both are very informative.

***URL Removed**

Edited by Ovedya

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Just so you know, mercola sells a form of snake oil medicine. It sells one of those pricey herbal "cure alls". They have many false claims on their site about the benefits of their medicine. Given that, I have serious questions about the claims they are making in their other articles.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

No, Dr. Mercola doesn't sell snake oil. I've been reading his articles for several years now and have never seen any sort of herbal 'cure all'. In fact, when I asked my co-workers (many who have PhDs in biochemistry and genetics) what they though of some of the articles, they generally agreed with his conclusions.

After reading hundreds of his articles, I find that 95% of them to be quite informative. He generally starts with articles from other articles, comments on their conclusions, then gives references and places to read more. This is hardly what I would call 'snake oil'.

Perhaps you're referring to the 5% of the articles he writes about various supplements, juicers, and other health practices. He reviewed juicers quite nicely and spoke highly of the nutritional value of fresh juices, then gave a link to what he thought was the best model to buy. He didn't sell the juicer, but he probably got a small referral fee from the link. I don't have a problem with this, personally. There are a few supplements he recommends that I don't think are worth their cost. Since the percentage of articles with good research and information is easily over 95%, I don't have a problem screening a few articles that sell something.

I'm not related to his practice or get anything for writing this. I simply dislike seeing slander against what I find to be a good medical web site. There aren't many sites like Mercola where the opinion is backed up with facts and verifiable resources.

Just so you know, mercola sells a form of snake oil medicine. It sells one of those pricey herbal "cure alls". They have many false claims on their site about the benefits of their medicine. Given that, I have serious questions about the claims they are making in their other articles.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The original link is to a retail marketing website. As such it is considered spam (Regardless of whether the products work or not).