• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Polygamist has 21 wives

Sigh, I sure hope I did this right with this link, but this is a VERY revealing article.

a.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I have a question. I know the children are in foster care. Where are the mothers at? Are any of the mothers taking this oppurtunity to get out and start making a better life for their children for if and when they are returned to their mothers?

• Group:  Diamond Member

I have a question. I know the children are in foster care. Where are the mothers at? Are any of the mothers taking this oppurtunity to get out and start making a better life for their children for if and when they are returned to their mothers?

The older mothers are still in the compound. They have no desire to leave, and they don't feel like they did anything wrong. They want their children back, which is why there is 350 attorneys involved in this thing. There's a lot of mothers that are clearly under the age of 18 that are also in foster care.

If the children are returned, they will be returned to the same conditions they left under. Somehow I doubt that the Great State of Texas is going to allow that.

a.

• Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I was hoping at least a few of the mothers would see this as an oppurtunity to get out. :whistling:

Well at least maybe they can work with the mothers under 18 in foster care. I bet after some time of living life free of the abuse, their eyes will be opened to what is wrong in the sect.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

And he hasn't slept in 2 decades...

And he hasn't slept in 2 decades...

LOL!!!! Like I said in another thread.....how can a man handle one, let alone 21?????

a.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

I am against polygamy for spiritual reasons.

America has freedom of religion, right? Why can't a man have many wives. People on the streets and magazines are with different partners fornicating nightly. There are bunny ranches (legally) in Nevada. Homosexuality is legal with no partner max.. It is okay to change your sex. But our government has a bigger problem with multiple families? To the point of denying them the right to seeing each other.

BTW- I understand statutory rape. But it is not constitutional to take an entire town (media's propaganda=compound) from their children on allegations or instances. Child abuse occurs everwhere around us. But to do this sets a SCARY precedence.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I am against polygamy for spiritual reasons.

America has freedom of religion, right? Why can't a man have many wives. People on the streets and magazines are with different partners fornicating nightly. There are bunny ranches (legally) in Nevada. Homosexuality is legal with no partner max.. It is okay to change your sex. But our government has a bigger problem with multiple families? To the point of denying them the right to seeing each other.

BTW- I understand statutory rape. But it is not constitutional to take an entire town (media's propaganda=compound) from their children on allegations or instances. Child abuse occurs everwhere around us. But to do this sets a SCARY precedence.

As I understand it, these guys have ONE legal wife (state sanctioned marriage), and multiple "wives" in marriages recognized only by the church or sect. If all these "wives" were of legal age or over in Texas, I would say the government has no business interfering. Where I draw the line is with these 13 and 14 year old "wives." Disgusting in the extreme.

I am curious what Scriptures you would cite. The only ones against polygamy are directed to elders, and at that the Greek is ambiguous. I am not condoning polygamy, by the way, if the Bible doesn't condemn it explicitly, it certainly does implicitly.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

CPS is as bad as the Gestapo. They will come at night w/ no warning or trial

I am curious what Scriptures you would cite. The only ones against polygamy are directed to elders, and at that the Greek is ambiguous. I am not condoning polygamy, by the way, if the Bible doesn't condemn it explicitly, it certainly does implicitly.

I agree! :33:

While I can't quote verses, I can see in Scripture where multiple wives were the "cultural" norm of the times when the books were written. I also remember that in many Old Testament stories there were problems between the 2 wives, or the husband showing favoritism for one or the other, etc. A whole can of worms that no family needs to deal with if it can be avoided, in other words. Abraham comes to mind. He wound up with Sarah and Hagar - and look how that turned out.

Someone once said: "One woman at a time is enough trouble for any man." :mgcop:

I think that's true - just look at the nightmare they are trying to untangle in Texas. No Thanks, I'll stick with the "one wife" theory.