IGNORED

Do you think that Satans can allow certain powers of Discernment?

MeCajunboy

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

My question is, "We know God grants certain gifts as in the gift of Discernment, where I might have the ability to use this gift by having insight into a person's delema or problems in order to gain their trust and confidence to begin helping them. " Do you think that satan might have certain powers that he can bestow on his allies to allow them to do his devious works? I personally have a feeling that he DOES possess these powers to portray them off on others that will do his bidding! Mind you, I'm not referring to the same gifts that God presents as a Postitive in HIS behalf or for our benefits but for satan's benefits or progression!

yep. i believe all these miracle healings at "revivals" are Santanic.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

My question is, "We know God grants certain gifts as in the gift of Discernment, where I might have the ability to use this gift by having insight into a person's delema or problems in order to gain their trust and confidence to begin helping them. " Do you think that satan might have certain powers that he can bestow on his allies to allow them to do his devious works? I personally have a feeling that he DOES possess these powers to portray them off on others that will do his bidding! Mind you, I'm not referring to the same gifts that God presents as a Postitive in HIS behalf or for our benefits but for satan's benefits or progression!

yep. i believe all these miracle healings at "revivals" are Santanic.

Sure why not? Cause we all know that the devil doesn't want anyone sick or hurting, so he's going around causing the saints to praise God and have joy. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  4,031
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

(And I do believe somebody mentioned the Scripture that says a divided kingdom cannot stand?)

They may have been responding to my earlier post.

I did not mean to negate the possibility of true signs and wonders . . .

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yes you are making sense, except that I don't recall that satan and his followers ever being created with any powers.

I never heard of a powerless angel, either. :) Nor do I see mention of their powers being stripped when they fell/rebelled/were cast out of Heaven.

Even Michael, the arch-angel defeated him in the book of Daniel, when one of the other messenger was taking God's answered prayer back to Daniel.

You make it sound like a small feat.

Is it not rather that it took Michael to defeat the Prince of Persia? I mean, if the Prince of Persia was powerless, why was he/it able to hold back the Messenger angel?

The slave girl in Acts was a fortune teller, and though the word says that the apostles drove the demon(s) from her, she was a push over for her bosses because she didn't have the Holy Spirit to rebuke them.

You and I obviously read the account differently. For when the demon was cast out of her, she suddenly could not "fortune tell" anymore. I see that as the demon(s) giving her power.

We have fortune tellers today, but they are all home made with the same guile and deceit and plausibility that satan has. I wouldn't call it power, simply because I can see through them and i am just an ordinary joe bloke, who has been blessed and saved by the blood of the lamb abd the infilling of the Holy Spirit.

Yes, there are many quack-pots today in the US, but that doesn't negate the real ones. Consider this: would Wicca last long as a religion if all their power was fake? I don't think so.

Besides, our having the power to overcome doesn't nullify the dark powers existing in the first place.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Job 1

12 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, everything he has is in your hands, but on the man himself do not lay a finger."

Then Satan went out from the presence of the LORD.

13 One day when Job's sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother's house, 14 a messenger came to Job and said, "The oxen were plowing and the donkeys were grazing nearby, 15 and the Sabeans attacked and carried them off. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

16 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, "The fire of God fell from the sky and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

17 While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, "The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and carried them off. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

18 While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, "Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother's house, 19 when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!"

He had influence with people, fire from god, and a mighty wind...seems like power to me. And no it isn't what man allows, it is what God Allows.

Revelations

The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.

Revelation 13:7 NIV

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

To PressForward, you posted,

He had power in Job and he will have power in Revelations....What makes one think Satan has no Power?

One has nothing to do with the other. In Job it was God's sovereign power that authorised satan to test Job's faith in Him, so long as satan did'nt lay a hand on him. In Revelation, the anti-christ is given authority to make war on the saints, but Christ, through the indwelling spirit and the blood of the lamb, has given the saints power, to resist the power the a/c and if necessary to be martyred for His sake.

The devil never had the power to stop the resurrection, because he lacked the power. Jesus took away the power of satan, sin and death on the cross.

If I haven't made my self clear right through this thread, let me say now, that I am talking about. I am referring to solid, sound, born again followers of Christ, that satan has no power over. Every one that Jesus or the apostles drove spirist out of in the NT had not received the power of the H/S, because they had never heard of Him. The only power that satan has, is that which people allow him to have; and if people have not the faith to resist him, then they lacking in there faith in Jesus. The bible clearly says, that one, without faith it is impossible to please God, and two, Greater is He who is in me than he that is in the world.

Everybody wants to blame satan for their woes, oh it's never human error, it's all satan's fault. If God is not in control of your lives, then satan must be so you had better get on your knees and do some serious praying. Hey, it was'nt the devil who made the five foolish virgins forget to fill their lamps, it was their own slackness. If anyone gives the devil an inch, he will take a mile. That's not power, Thta's his style.....crafty. :emot-heartbeat:

Neb, the fight that Michael had with the prince of persia aka the devil was physical, I think.

Edited by eric

If I haven't made my self clear right through this thread, let me say now, that I am talking about. I am referring to solid, sound, born again followers of Christ, that satan has no power over. Every one that Jesus or the apostles drove spirist out of in the NT had not received the power of the H/S, because they had never heard of Him. The only power that satan has, is that which people allow him to have; and if people have not the faith to resist him, then they lacking in there faith in Jesus. The bible clearly says, that one, without faith it is impossible to please God, and two, Greater is He who is in me than he that is in the world.

So why is it taking me so long to overcome all the layers and roots of my chronic depression. :emot-heartbeat:

So why is it taking me so long to overcome all the layers and roots of my chronic depression. :emot-heartbeat:

OH goodness, I can't answer that sis, but you did overcome. You did have the victory and you are all the stronger in the Lord than you were beforehand. God works in mysterious ways' It takes iron red heat before it can be tempered and the right amount, I know because my dad was a smithy and he could make a piece of steel do what ever he wanted, because he was an expert at his trade. God is also expert and He knows how much heat we can take, before we reach perfection.

You know, Neb, it amazes me that when ever a an atheist or an non christian has a turn of misfortune, their friends say, silly so and so should known better, or they say it's bad luck. when a christian makes an error their christian friends tell them it's because satan has the power to make them do it. God controls my life, because I trust Him to, because He is in full control.

Glad to have you back, sis.

Sorry, duplicate post.

You know, Neb, it amazes me that when ever a an atheist or an non christian has a turn of misfortune, their friends say, silly so and so should known better, or they say it's bad luck. when a christian makes an error their christian friends tell them it's because satan has the power to make them do it. God controls my life, because I trust Him to, because He is in full control.

Well, I don't know where this "devil made me do it" stuff comes from, for I sure am not advocating it. :runforhills:

But does Satan have the power to "steal, kill and destroy"? Yes . . . and he has the tools to do it with.

Now we can argue the extent and make-up of those "tools", but we have to agree he can "steal, kill and destroy," can we not?

This, though, is a different discussion from the believer's power to overcome - the OP is about what can Satan do, not what can the believer do - correct?

Can Satan - or demons - give people knowledge of things? Well, why not? I mean, it would be quite odd if a demon couldn't discern between spirits, don't you think?

~~~

BTW, thanks for the encouragement!

:hugs: