IGNORED

Left Behind - will there be a "Rapture"?

ParanoidAndroid

Questions of the Rapture  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Rapture a biblical concept?

• Yes - 1 Thessalonians is clear on the issue!
    • No - the lack of historical evidence for early belief implies that this is not a biblical concept!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Massorite

Very good point that you brought out.

The scriptures only speak of two resurrections, that of the just and the unjust. When the Lord comes back and the first resurrection takes place, those that are part of that first resurrection are blessed and Holy.... for on them the second death has no power.

I voted yes to the poll because the so called rapture is the same thing as the resurrection. However most people when they are speaking of the rapture they are speaking of the pre-tribulation concept and the pre-tribulation concept did not exist until about the 1700 or 1800's. The early church leaders believed that there will be a great tribulation before the resurrection takes place.

Jeremiah

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Massorite

Very good point that you brought out.

The scriptures only speak of two resurrections, that of the just and the unjust. When the Lord comes back and the first resurrection takes place, those that are part of that first resurrection are blessed and Holy.... for on them the second death has no power.

I voted yes to the poll because the so called rapture is the same thing as the resurrection. However most people when they are speaking of the rapture they are speaking of the pre-tribulation concept and the pre-tribulation concept did not exist until about the 1700 or 1800's. The early church leaders believed that there will be a great tribulation before the resurrection takes place.

Jeremiah

Thankyou Jeremiah.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I voted yes, but I prefer to call it resurrection.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I Thessalonians only teaches that Jesus Christ will return for His church, it doesn't teach a secret rapture. Every Christian believes that Jesus will return for them, this however is different from the belief in a rapture and subsequent tribulation.

What the original poster was asking was not whether you believe that Christ will return in power for His Bride, but whether you believe in the specific idea of a secret rapture.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I Thessalonians only teaches that Jesus Christ will return for His church, it doesn't teach a secret rapture. Every Christian believes that Jesus will return for them, this however is different from the belief in a rapture and subsequent tribulation.

What the original poster was asking was not whether you believe that Christ will return in power for His Bride, but whether you believe in the specific idea of a secret rapture.

I didn't see secret rapture in the OP, only "rapture" It can't be secret with all the cry of command, the voice of the arch-angel and the trumpeting.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I didn't see secret rapture in the OP, only "rapture" It can't be secret with all the cry of command, the voice of the arch-angel and the trumpeting.

:th_praying:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/29/1966

1 Corinthians 15:30-58 (The Message)

The Message (MSG)

Copyright

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

:P

The word "rapture" is usually associated with the "secret rapture" just as bthe word "rapture" is usually associated withe the pre-trib concept

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I have been a Christian for a while. I have never heard of a "secret rapture." I have heard of the rapture, but in no way will it be secret. Everyone will know we are gone. And there will be enough pseudo-Christians left behind to realize what has happened and be witness thereof.