• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/19/1983

Yeah, something that I've come across and cant seem to find an answer to:

What happens(ed) to all the people that lived and died before Christ died on the Clavary? Jesus Himself said clearly that no one comes to the Father but through Him. So that begs a question of what about people that lived and died before Christ's death for our sins?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

It is my understanding, although I cannot find support in the scriptures, that all those who died before Christ will be given the oppourtunity to accept him as savior.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

What happens(ed) to all the people that lived and died before Christ died on the Clavary? Jesus Himself said clearly that no one comes to the Father but through Him. So that begs a question of what about people that lived and died before Christ's death for our sins?

God's chosen people were the Jews, but who were God's people before the Jews?

The church started with Adam. When he left the garden of Eden, he was already clothed with the skins of sacrifice. This means he was justified by faith.

Justification by faith was going on all the way from Abel down to Christ. See Hebrews 11. But the "visible church" was Israel until the Day of Pentecost.

Peace & Health,

Brian

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Before the arrival of Jesus on the stage of world history the Chosen People were the Jews, not the Christians. Before Jesus there were no Christians. Would not the way to Heaven have been then through Judaism?

Grace to you,

Judaism was always about Faith in Gods Word. By Faith Abraham was Justified. What was Abrahams Faith in?

Ga

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

"Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him as righteousness." Righteousness has always been through faith in our Lord.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

May I suggest you read Romans.

By the time you get to Ch 7, with Gods help, you should come to an understanding

Pay particular attention to Romans ch 4&5

I have found that the way Paul writes this, it can be a little on the "heady" side- you really have to think about it.

But I believe it is the only way it can best be explained.

It wasn't until I let the Holy Spirit teach me, that I have begun to get an understanding of the imense truth, and purpose of Gods Law

Also keep in mind that we are living 2 lives at the same time - a physical and a spiritual

blessings

mike 2

What happens(ed) to all the people that lived and died before Christ died on the Calvary? Jesus Himself said clearly that no one comes to the Father but through Him. So that begs a question of what about people that lived and died before Christ's death for our sins?

:mgdetective:

They Are Saved The Same Way We Are

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

By Faith

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Hebrews 11:1-2

By Faith

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Hebrews 11:13

By Faith

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Job 19:25-26

By The Word Of God

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

By Direct Revelation

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Joel 2:32

Read Hebrews 11 To See The Mercy And Grace Of The Living God, The Mighty One Of Israel To Our Elders

He That Gives Faith And Repentance To Sinners From Genesis Through Revelation

His Name Is Salvation And He Loves Us So

Hallelujah!

Amen

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Actually there is no before. They way has always been Christ even in the garden. He is typified by the Tree of Life. Now before God came in the form of the Man named Jesus the Christ, there were sacrificial offerings. These offerings are were a shadow of the Christ to come. So the sacrificial offering were a looking toward the Christ to come. Before the sacrificial offerings were commanded there was this promise that was given after man fell. "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel" . That seed is Christ. When Adam and Eve conceived, they were standing on this promise. I would even say those (who believed before the sacrifical offerings were a command) had children to see this promise fufilled.

I do think there is someone on here that can explain this in a more thorough way. But, this needed to be stated, the way has always been Christ.

Amen! This is interesting stuff. I see the truth of life as typifying Christ, though I also believe that it's a real tree, with real fruit on it. If Adam and Eve had eaten of this tree they would have gained eternal life. But after Adam & Eve sinned, Christ had to become that tree for us. The tree is restored in the New heavens/new earth.

Peace & Health,

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/19/1983

Ok, so salvation by faith.

Hm, well, what about the sacrifice being needed before your sins can be forgiven? Jesus died for us because someone had to die substitution death for our sins before we can be forgiven, right? Does this mean Christ died for the sins of all who lived before and after his death on the Cross?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Ok, so salvation by faith.

Hm, well, what about the sacrifice being needed before your sins can be forgiven? Jesus died for us because someone had to die substitution death for our sins before we can be forgiven, right? Does this mean Christ died for the sins of all who lived before and after his death on the Cross?

Yup, when Jesus died on the cross (gave the guost) the veil was torn from top to bottom to allow all to pass into the holy of holies.............OT and NT saints... of course.