• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, so salvation by faith.

Hm, well, what about the sacrifice being needed before your sins can be forgiven? Jesus died for us because someone had to die substitution death for our sins before we can be forgiven, right? Does this mean Christ died for the sins of all who lived before and after his death on the Cross?

Remember, Christ is called the "Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" (Rev. 13: 8). Adam & Eve left the garden of Eden clothed in the skin of slain beasts. That means they were already covered by Christ's atoning work.

Then Abel offered of the first-lings of the flock. Why was his sacrifice accepted and Cain's wasn't? Because Abel had faith in the blood.

Peace & Health,

Brian

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Ok, so salvation by faith.

Hm, well, what about the sacrifice being needed before your sins can be forgiven? Jesus died for us because someone had to die substitution death for our sins before we can be forgiven, right? Does this mean Christ died for the sins of all who lived before and after his death on the Cross?

Remember, Christ is called the "Lamb slain from the foundation of the world" (Rev. 13: 8). Adam & Eve left the garden of Eden clothed in the skin of slain beasts. That means they were already covered by Christ's atoning work.

Then Abel offered of the first-lings of the flock. Why was his sacrifice accepted and Cain's wasn't? Because Abel had faith in the blood.

Peace & Health,

Brian

HUH? :blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,031
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Yeah, something that I've come across and cant seem to find an answer to:

What happens(ed) to all the people that lived and died before Christ died on the Clavary? Jesus Himself said clearly that no one comes to the Father but through Him. So that begs a question of what about people that lived and died before Christ's death for our sins?

Faith that saves is placed in the one who Redeems men from their sins. Knowledge of how they were to be redeemed was not necessary . . . but for us it proves He alone is worthy of all glory, honor and power.

Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Yeah, something that I've come across and can't seem to find an answer to:

What happens(ed) to all the people that lived and died before Christ died on the Calvary?

Jesus Himself said clearly that no one comes to the Father but through Him.

So that begs a question of what about people that lived and died before Christ's death for our sins?

Faith that saves is placed in the one who Redeems men from their sins.

Knowledge of how they were to be redeemed was not necessary . . . but for us it proves He alone is worthy of all glory, honor and power.

Job 19:25-27

For I know that my redeemer liveth,

and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

:whistling:

Amen!

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Joel 2:32

Those Who Are In Faith Are Saved

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15;16

:047:

Faith

The Elders Of The Faith

These all died in faith,

not having received the promises,

but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them,

and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Hebrews 11:13-16

And The Newbies Of The Faith

Neither pray I for these alone,

but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:

that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

John 17:20-21

Are All Children Of Grace

For by grace are ye saved through faith;

and that not of yourselves:

it is the gift of God:

Not of works,

lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 8:9

Totally In Love

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:6

With God

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Isaiah 54:5

:)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  444
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/29/1966

What happens(ed) to all the people that lived and died before Christ died on the Calvary? Jesus Himself said clearly that no one comes to the Father but through Him. So that begs a question of what about people that lived and died before Christ's death for our sins?

:cool:

They Are Saved The Same Way We Are

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

By Faith

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Hebrews 11:1-2

By Faith

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Hebrews 11:13

By Faith

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:

Job 19:25-26

By The Word Of God

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

By Direct Revelation

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Joel 2:32

Read Hebrews 11 To See The Mercy And Grace Of The Living God, The Mighty One Of Israel To Our Elders

He That Gives Faith And Repentance To Sinners From Genesis Through Revelation

His Name Is Salvation And He Loves Us So

Hallelujah!

Amen

:)

All I have to say to that is AMEN AMEN AMEN brother Joe :consoling2::blink::o:blink::noidea:

Your humble friend in Christ joe John 3:30

Guest parpar

What happens(ed) to all the people that lived and died before Christ died on the Clavary? Jesus Himself said clearly that no one comes to the Father but through Him. So that begs a question of what about people that lived and died before Christ's death for our sins?

Hi Aleksander.

Thank you for your question.

Perhaps what follows will be of help.

It was my response to someone who asked a question in respect of 1 Peter Ch 3 verses 18 & 19

Job 1:8 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?"

Job then said,

Job 19:25 For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth;

Job 19:26 And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, That in my flesh I shall see God,

Was this man saved at the time of his death, or did he have to wait until he heard the gospel preached by Jesus in Hell?

Gen 5:23 So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years.

Gen 5:24 And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.

Was this man saved at the time of his being taken, or did he have to wait until he heard the gospel preached by Jesus in Hell?

Gen 15:6 And he believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.

Rom 4:1 WHAT then shall we say that Abraham our father has found according to the flesh?[fn1]

Rom 4:2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God.

Rom 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."[fn2]

Was this man saved at the time of his death, or did he have to wait until he heard the gospel preached by Jesus in Hell?

But, God said,

Mat 22:32 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living."

And also,

Mat 17:1 NOW after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves;

Mat 17:2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light.

Mat 17:3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, and Elijah are alive, and all five were alive before Jesus died.

May the Lord bless you.

parpar.

PS: Hbr 9:27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,

No second chance after death.

Edited by parpar