• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I wonder how many hollywood people are saved. I saw that George Carlin died on tv last night, and it made me sad. I don't know if he knew Jesus or how many stars do. There in trouble arn't they.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

i think they are tigger, very sad indeed

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

This morning, I had heard George Carlin had died, and it almost made me cry because I had heard he was a professed athiest.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I heard unless u accept jesus your pretty much an athiest is that true

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

No. Athiests don't believe there is a god, while there are many who believe in a different god. There are those (Jews and Muslims) who believe in God, but don't accept Jesus as His Son and the Messiah.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

At any rate, anyone who dies without accepting Jesus as Savior will have a tough time of things. That is the saddest part.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

No. Atheists don't believe there is a god, while there are many who believe in a different god. There are those (Jews and Muslims) who believe in God, but don't accept Jesus as His Son and the Messiah.

I'm sure this is not to say that Muslims believe in the same God as Jews and Christians.

According to Wikipedia:

Atheism, as an explicit position, can be either the affirmation of the nonexistence of gods,[1] or the rejection of theism.[2] It is also defined more broadly as synonymous with any form of nontheism, including the simple absence of belief in deities.[3][4] Although atheism is often equated with irreligion, some religions, such as Jainism and Theravada Buddhism, do not require belief in a personal god.

Many self-described atheists are skeptical of all supernatural beings and cite a lack of empirical evidence for the existence of deities. Others argue for atheism on philosophical, social or historical grounds. Although many self-described atheists tend toward secular philosophies such as humanism[5] and naturalism,[6] there is no one ideology or set of behaviors to which all atheists adhere.[7]

The term atheism originated as a pejorative epithet applied to any person or belief in conflict with established religion.[8] With the spread of free thought, scientific skepticism, and criticism of religion, the term began to gather a more specific meaning and has been increasingly used as a self-description by atheists.

There are a few who are saved but fewer than you would think. I'm not sure how you would find out and going by how many have done movies/shows with Christian messages would hardly be a reflection of the true picture.

Here's an interesting site though it's still under construction.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Thanks for sharing that site. I'd heard about this 'group' or something similar to this that is active in Hollywood though we hear very little, if anything, from them. It's a shame but not surprising.

We need to keep these people in our prayers.

I wonder how many hollywood people are saved. I saw that George Carlin died on tv last night, and it made me sad. I don't know if he knew Jesus or how many stars do. There in trouble arn't they.

When I first moved out here my Aunt pointed out in one of our conversations about famous actors just how disgusted we would be if we knew even half of the shananigans that secretly go on there - even with those who are seemingly on the "up and up".

Hollywood is a town of opportunity. People walk around and "make friends" with others and then eventually slip them a demo or script. It is as shallow as one might assume it might be and then some.

I'm obviously not saying there aren't Christians but most of the people that live there are looking to work in the entertainment industry and look what kind of "entertainment" is most popular...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Carlin was more than an atheist, one who simply does not believe in God. Such a person may not even share his views, and live a decent life of service.

He was an anti-theist, ridiculing Christianity and religion for fame and profit. And his cause. I pray anyone he may have influenced to turn from Christ comes back.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Carlin was more than an atheist, one who simply does not believe in God. Such a person may not even share his views, and live a decent life of service.

He was an anti-theist, ridiculing Christianity and religion for fame and profit. And his cause. I pray anyone he may have influenced to turn from Christ comes back.

That's what I thought...

I never really watched him except in passing and what I little I saw was enough to turn my stomach! In saying that, I hope he changed his mind about God before his death.