• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I'm with Neb: the most cunning lies are twists of the truth, not something pulled out of nowhere. New Age is very appealing to many because it does make the claim of offering peace and love, but as Angelique said, it is not lasting, and it is not real. Every good and perfect gift ultimately comes from God, and no one else. Something else may claim to offer the same gift, but it is at best a cheap knockoff that will fall apart on you as soon as pressure is put on it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

i am SO glad to see all these firm negative comments! I've seen "Chrisitian" message boards whose members didn't have a clue as to the truth.

the new age movement is the original lie of satan: "you can be like God."

Flee from it like you would flee the plague.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,816
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

It's all junk. :24:

I second that emotion :laugh:

:th_praying:

And this is the record,

that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

He that hath the Son hath life;

and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God;

that ye may know that ye have eternal life,

and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

1 John 5:11-13

:P

i am SO glad to see all these firm negative comments!

:30::emot-hug::laugh:

Amen!

After All Dear Brother It Is Worthy Ministries

:D

Positively Jesus

The LORD IS WORTHY

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Revelation 4:11

And The Way

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:6

Believe

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:17-18

:glare:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. Joel 2:32

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

After spending ten years away from Christianity, and exploring many new age teaching I've come to the conclusion that is for the most part just junk.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well there's no more to add, really. new age is as anti-christ as it gets. Period.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I've heard people link holistic healing to new age teaching. I personally appreciate an alternative to the puppets of the pharmacy. I just wish some of the more serious medical experts would study it a bit more in depth. :emot-wave:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Agreed

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

Just curious - have any of you studied any New Age teachings? If so do you see any redeeming qualities, is it all junk? Seems like love is a high priority as well as spirituality - I realize it is not christian - so that is not on the table but if you do know a little about it I would be interested in your thoughts - it seems to have some wonderful qualities as far as peace, love and the value of people

your thoughts please

fear of GOD has been taken out of our teachings..... even in the evangelical world.... with out fear of GOD, we have no need for HIM.....

we are teaching what I call EAR CANDY..... pleasant to the ears..... we teach remorse, but do not teach repentance, we teach love, but we do not teach discipline and obedience.... we do not teach righteousness, or justice.....

God is a fair Judge, but also a righteous God as well....

we sin, and treat it as a problem and just say oooppss i goofed again, and go on our ways, just to turn and do the same thing over and over and over again.....

new agers.... anything goes..... take a bit from this and a bit from that and a little from over here and some from over there and build your own religion...... there are many roads to god........ I am a good person, i never killed anyone or stole anything, so what i am living with a person that is not my spouse, so what I have a new house guest every month or two, that should not keep me from heaven....

to get to GOD, there is only one way, and that is through the Roman Roads..... this is not what new agers teach.....

The Romans Road Plan of Salvation

"The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (Romans 10:8)

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17)

The Wages of Sin

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (Romans 3:23)

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts. (Romans 6:12)

Repentance

Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? (Romans 2:4)

By Grace ... Not Works

being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, (Romans 3:24)

For if the first fruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. (Romans 11:6)

Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone. (Romans 9:32)

Blood Redemption

Now, I want to tell you an old story. God created man with a free choice of will to serve God or serve himself. Man chose poorly and rebelled against God. God had already established the penalty for rebellion as eternity in hell but He loved mankind and did not want to destroy him. The solution was God's decision to send His only begotten Son into the world. He lived and died as a man to pay the penalty for each of us.

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, (Romans 3:25)

Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. (Romans 5:9)

Salvation at Calvary

You've come so far, now one more step and you will enter a whole new life in Christ Jesus. It is a step of faith as Paul put it:

but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead, (Romans 4:24)

who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification. (Romans 4:25)

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have* peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. (Romans 5:1&2)

For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. (Romans 5:6)

being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, (Romans 3:24)

so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 5:21)

The End of the Journey

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9&10)

For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:13)

Your Decision

I know that I am a sinner headed for eternal death in hell. I know that because Jesus paid for my sins on the cross, I can be forgiven. I can have peace with you. I now repent/turn away from my life of serving sin and self. I ask you to grant me the gift of eternal life. I thank you that you have said, "who so ever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." That includes me.

Lord God, Thank you for saving me based solely on what Jesus did for me on the cross. In Jesus Name, Amen.