• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

People, how do I deal with self-hatred? I'm really struggling at the moment. I guess you could say that I'm doing an excellent job of nitpicking myself to death. I feel overwhelmed with discouragement, loneliness, and my mind is racing. :emot-hug::24: :24:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

People, how do I deal with self-hatred? I'm really struggling at the moment. I guess you could say that I'm doing an excellent job of nitpicking myself to death. I feel overwhelmed with discouragement, loneliness, and my mind is racing. :emot-hug::24: :24:

Angelique,

1Peter 5:7 "casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." Matthew 6:25-34 - "don't worry saying..." 2 Corinthians 2:14 - let Him lead you into triumph. This is not impossible because you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you (Phil 4:13). You shouldn't hate what God loves (John 3:16). You should hate what God hates, and that is anything that falls under the curse (Gal. 3:13). why am I quoting so many scripture? because "all the promises of God in Him [Christ] are Yes, and in Him Amen...Who also HAS sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee" (2 Cor. 1:20,22). Follow the Peace of God which rules in your heart.

J

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Psalm 139 is a good one to read. Verse 14 says: "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."

You are special to God. You really are. When you look at yourself you are seeing the lump of coal -- but God sees the diamond. Remember, whatever you are "nitpicking" about has either been forgiven or it being exaggerated in your mind. Turn your thoughts to Christ and take them off of yourself. This self-hatred is just one more way the enemy is trying to tear you down. You are a princess -- a child of the King of kings and the Lord of lords. That makes you a treasure.

Focus on Christ not on you.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

We can not do anything about our past. Once we asked God to forgive us, He forgot all about it. Yet, the accuser will be more then happy to remind us of how bad we were. If he can get us to believe that we are too bad to be forgiven, then he has won. This happens to a lot of us. I have been told that when Satan reminds us of our past, we need to remind him of his future.

Personally, I know how hard this is. Things that I have done still come back to haunt me. I get sick to my stomach when I remember some of what I had done. When that happens, I try and focus on what Jesus has done for me. If God can forgive me of my wickedness, then what right do I have to condemn myself? I have to remind myself to let go and let God remind me that I am no longer who I use to be. That person has died. I am new creation in Him.

God Bless,

Alan

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If it helps any . . . I am still struggling with this issue myself.

My point is - you don't need to beat yourself up over not being able to stop beating yourself up.

It took being able to thank the Lord from my heart for the pain in my life to break the chains from the spirit death that bound me.

I don't know yet what it is that is needed to break the spirit of self-hatred.

Maybe when I can, from my heart, thank Father for my life...? Anyway, that is what I am trying to focus on. . . how can I be thankful for my life?

If I ever get there, I'll let you know how I did. Or, if you get there before me, please teach me - OK?

:whistling:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

though we walk through valleys

though we climb high mountains

we must not give up the fight.

we must be like moses

we've got to keep on going.

canaanland is just in sight.

" canaanland is just in sight"

by jeff gibson, 1983.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Focus on God instead of yourself. Your feelings are a symptom of pride...."ALL MY ATTENTION IS ON ME....."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

I know that in my own life, I've had a hard time being accepted by others, people always nit picking at me. when I was young and living at home, I never seemed to do anything right, my parents were never happy with me, usually putting me down or making me feel bad about myself.

but one day the Lord showed me that it doesn't matter what others think about you, but His opinion is the one that counts.

and I know that He loved me so much, that He died on the cross for me, to reconcile that lost relationship with Him, the God of the Universe.

So I can't help to be in love with Him, and I read His love letter to me daily, (Bible), and since He loved me so much, I can forgive, and love others the same.

God Bless Spiritman :bored-1:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/17/1986

People, how do I deal with self-hatred? I'm really struggling at the moment. I guess you could say that I'm doing an excellent job of nitpicking myself to death. I feel overwhelmed with discouragement, loneliness, and my mind is racing. :bored-1::whistling::laugh:

Angelique, I have to say that that as a women, we sometime deal with things like this, some more then others. But I have gone through the same thing. But one thing that I had to do was try and see my self in the Lords eyes. Being able to accept how he feels about us, and how he loves us. One thing that is helpful is going through the word of God and asking Him to show you who you are in Christ. Another thing that I had done was post scriptures in the corner of my mirror in the bathroom as weird as that may sound....but every morning I had to get ready I would see them and I was reminded of who I really was despite what others have said or what negative thoughts were being thrown at me.

In Christ you are a God's child with love lavished on you. 1 John 3:1

We are Christ friend John 15:15

We are Valuable Matthew 6: 26

You are fearfully and wonderfully made Psalm 139:14

I am the apple of God's eye Psalm 17:8

these are just some of the many......

Hang in there my sister and friend. I will pray for you.