AlexanderBrown

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Well as we all know Karma in a nutshell is "What goes around comes around" and what we also know is most Christians disagree with this theory (Im NOT one). I personally believe Christians believe in it too, just they don't call it Karma. I may be reading it wrong or such, if I am.. tell me.

Heres one;

Luke 6:378, "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged : Condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: Forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.

Sounds alot like what goes around comes around, or what you do to others will be done to you.

P.S. I am a Christian im just saying...

Alex

Edited by AlexanderBrown

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

It is not at all Christian and is heresy to believe in this(karma) for any Christian. It would seem from your comment that you really do not understand the historical teachings about it, nor the difference Biblically either. Any similarity does not mean it is truth nor full truth nor from the True Living God. There are many differences. It is too long to go into here without several pages of information. The over simplification is inaccurate that you have suggested, both to Christian belief and also to the non Christian beliefs that you are inferring to in a fragment here.

...the doctrine of karma, involving rebirths in the ascending or descending scale, according to the merits or demerits of the present. According to the law of karma (an unbending and impersonal rule of the universe).... Both science and Christian belief rejects this...

...there is no reincarnation of natural laws form the divine that we will be rebirthed at different caste over and over till we get it right. Nor or we equal to demons animals etc. Nor can anything we do work out our eternal life or salvation by mans works alone. Even nature tells us that hope, and not "nothingness", is what it is all about.

~~~~

Jesus spoke of people receiving either eternal reward or eternal punishment according to whether they accept his forgiveness during their ONE lifetime on earth (Matthew 25:31-46; see also Hebrews 9:27). Jesus explained that he came into the world "to seek and to save the lost" (Luke 19:10). He said that he "did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many" (Mark 10:45).

Jesus showed his forgiving love even while being executed on a cross. A thief on a cross next to Jesus confessed his sin and asked Jesus to remember him. Jesus responded, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43). Only faith in Jesus was required for paradise, not lifetime after lifetime of working off bad karma and building up good karma. As Jesus announced: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). That, indeed, is good news -- for this life and beyond.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

It is not at all Christian and is heresy to believe in this(karma) for any Christian. It would seem from your comment that you really do not understand the historical teachings about it, nor the difference Biblically either. Any similarity does not mean it is truth nor full truth nor from the True Living God. There are many differences. It is too long to go into here without several pages of information. The over simplification is inaccurate that you have suggested, both to Christian belief and also to the non Christian beliefs that you are inferring to in a fragment here.

...the doctrine of karma, involving rebirths in the ascending or descending scale, according to the merits or demerits of the present. According to the law of karma (an unbending and impersonal rule of the universe).... Both science and Christian belief rejects this...

...there is no reincarnation of natural laws form the divine that we will be rebirthed at different caste over and over till we get it right. Nor or we equal to demons animals etc. Nor can anything we do work out our eternal life or salvation by mans works alone. Even nature tells us that hope, and not "nothingness", is what it is all about.

~~~~

Jesus spoke of people receiving either eternal reward or eternal punishment according to whether they accept his forgiveness during their ONE lifetime on earth (Matthew 25:31-46; see also Hebrews 9:27). Jesus explained that he came into the world "to seek and to save the lost" (Luke 19:10). He said that he "did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many" (Mark 10:45).

Jesus showed his forgiving love even while being executed on a cross. A thief on a cross next to Jesus confessed his sin and asked Jesus to remember him. Jesus responded, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43). Only faith in Jesus was required for paradise, not lifetime after lifetime of working off bad karma and building up good karma. As Jesus announced: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). That, indeed, is good news -- for this life and beyond.

I guess that DOES make sense.. Im sorry for my being stupid...

Dear Alex,

You're not being stupid. This is some of the propaganda of changing parts of ancient pagan religions to so called new age to society and trying to incorporate it into

everyday language and beliefs. We hear it all too often. People are mixing up bits and pieces making their own religions these days.

Please get grounded in the faith and remember there is research from Christian sources that can be so helpful to you.

I am glad that you love the Lord , that is such a great thing!

God be your Saviour, constant helper and best friend

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

For those who don't understand what karma means it is similar to "you reap what you sew" . It is basically the same just a different theology.

Follower, it is actually a lot more than that.

Anyway, one can do research and see.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

~~~~

excellent accurate post elkie :emot-pray:

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I don't believe in "karma", but I do believe that what goes around comes around.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Follower, it is actually a lot more than that.

Anyway, one can do research and see.

I agree Elkie. Good post. Read the Word, and be rewarded.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My karma ran over your dogma.

:24:

Someone had to do it!

:24: