• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/02/1963

If you cannot believe what is plainly spelled out in scripture what can you believe?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

you can believe what is plainly spelled out in scripture, but we are talking about eschatology here, so I dont get your point! :emot-highfive:

:emot-hug::taped:

To answer your question: The answer is John Nelson Darby and then D.L. Moody teaching it. Moody was one of the greatest

evangelists ever, but God works perfectly through everyone's imperfection.

For the record, I believe post trib will stay behind the scenes and in the trenches until the tribulation.

How else would would they be able to mock us and say "Where is the promise of His Coming?"

All of the most famous pastors on the conservative evangelical radio will be like Moody. Just one area of theology that

God for some reason didn't correct with them... We will have to ask the Lord someday.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the anwer to the question about why we are so divided has more to do with us than with prophecy.

Few seem to understand what grace and patience mean when discussing disputable matters evidently. Those who presume to know all the details even though the Lord clearly said we would not are too proud to admit that fact.

sad, really...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

the anwer to the question about why we are so divided has more to do with us than with prophecy.

Few seem to understand what grace and patience mean when discussing disputable matters evidently. Those who presume to know all the details even though the Lord clearly said we would not are too proud to admit that fact.

sad, really...

AMEN!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

"In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself , so that where I am, you may be also." (Joh.14: 2-3).

" For the Lord Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout , with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air. And so we shall ever be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words." (1Thes.4: 16-18).

If Christians agree 100% that the above scriptures mean exactly what they say, then we don't disagree on eschatology. It's when it comes to the prophecies which complement the above two prophecies that we begin to disagree and even squabble.

But there is 100% agreement on basic eschatology - on the part of eschatology that matters (which is the above two prophecies).

being moulded

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

It just makes me wonder, I know that one's stand on the end times does not determine one's eternal destination. But why is the church so divided when it comes to eschatology? I can understand how one denomination will differ from another when it comes to things like what type of worship music should be played or how one should dress up for Sunday, but why are we so divided regarding something as huge and important as eschatology? Is it God's intention? Aren't we all led by the same Spirit?

Obviously because scripture which covers prophesy is unclear to humans, possibly intentionally so, I don't know. But we are trying to decipher dreams, visions and allegories spread out in scripture between Ezekiel, Daniel, Revelation, Peter, Matthew, etc. it is not clear, thus we fill in the blanks and each one of us give it our own spin. .