IGNORED

Wars and rumors of wars..........DECLINING?!

seekeratthesea

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Then you're wrong because you could even add more and in an historical sense, it would still be a decline, in size, scope and total death counts. War really HAS declined for now. That may change but to spend time seeking out wars or other bad news in order make people think we're in the end times is a pretty morbid thing to do.

There was another guy trying to hustle me into accepting gang wars in Los Angeles as proof of greater number of wars......there quickly comes a point when it becomes obvious that people WANT there to be more war so they can be right about living in the end times. Why not count price wars between gas stations too?

I think that is a deflection. Man is hateful and cruel and he kills. War is everywhere and WAR is morbid! It's not wrong to notice it. You don't have to assign an agenda or a judgment of morbidity to those who see it. Jesus has told us to watch.

I'm not talking about "seeing" it, I'm talking about ignoring the fact that it has actually been declining in recent decades.

It is not really declining. Hatred and bloodshed is at our very doorstep. Every sin is in escalation. That is a sign. We are not ignoring anything as spiritual ostriches, burying our heads in the sand. Are you suggesting the world is a more peaceful place than before?

No it REALLY is declining. You just have to be open to the idea and look at the real numbers. And hatred and bloodshed is not at my doorstep and I doubt it's at yours either; that's just drama speak. A person in Darfur could easily explain the difference between the reality of "Hatred and bloodshed is at our very doorstep" and the mere statement of it. Most of us never even have to REALLY experience "Hatred and bloodshed is at our very doorstep" and it's wrong and ungrateful to behave as if we do.

And every sin is NOT necessarily an escalation of war or a sign of end times. If it were then the signs of the end times have been here ever since sin was revealed by the law. You're reaching way to hard here. War has been declining since WW II. Disease and starvation are declining. These are things that should be welcomed and it a morbid thing to deny a good reality in preference for a negative perception. That's exactly what satan would have us do.

Seeker, you are allowing yourself to be lulled into a false sense of security. You are allowing statistics gathered by worldly sources to determine for you what the reality of Scripture is. As believers we are called to live our lives with "eyes wide open" looking for the Lord and discerning the times. If we all lived our lives as if the Lord would never come then He will never come, because the Bride will not have made herself ready. Your concern is that Christians not live in fear of the times. The reality is that we should n't live in fear regardless of the times. The signs of the times should press us more into the Lord and keep us looking up. If we all thought everything was okay, that we have another 200 years ahead of us before the Lord comes, then we would not be gaining Him. We would wait until the last moments; the Bride of Christ would never reach full maturity in life.

In Luke 17 the Lord taught that those in the days of Noah were eating and drinking, marrying and being given in marriage until the last day. It was likewise with Lot, until he left the city. There are two similarities in the examples that the Lord gave. The first is the fact that all were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage, until the last moment of judgment. That signifies to us the stupefying effect of the age ("you will not see it" vs. 22). Those in Noah's day did not listen to Noah's warning, and they even mocked God's way of salvation (Which was the ark). When the angels came to take Lot and his family it says that Lot "lingered." They had to remove Lot and his family from the city by force (Gen. 19:15-16) You remember that Lot was one of God's chosen people, a relative of Abraham. He moved to a place that became absolutely corrupted, even becoming a gatekeeper of Sodom; he became stupefied to the point of actually loving that city, so that he "lingered" in the face of God's judgment. Even Lot's wife serves to us as an example of the stupefying and attractive effect of the world.

The second similarity between Noah and lot is that once both families left those places judgment came. Noah entered into the ark, and upon God's closing it, the flood waters came. Once Lot and his family left Sodom, judgment came. The day of the Lord is swift, and He is looking for Noahs and Lots. Read Luke 17 in this light. In the day of the Lord two will be in the bed and one will be taken, two will be grinding and one will be taken, two will be in the field and one will be taken. The ones that are taken in the day of the Lord are the ones who discern the age and know it for what it is. They are the ones looking up toward the day of the Lord. They are those who love His appearing (2 Tim. 4:8; Titus 2:12).

You are absolutely fooling yourself, lulling yourself into a false sense of security, allowing yourself to be stupefied (To be placed in a stupor; a state of little or no sensibility) if you go on in your Christian life ignorant of the signs of His coming.

It doesn't work to dismiss everything we don't want to hear/believe as "worldly sources" just to help us believe the ends of days is here. War is declining for the time being and there's no conspiracy of "worldly sources" to keep wars secret so as to trick us into believing they're declining when they aren't. There have been people throughout history who have just allowed themselves to become fixated on end times and end up seeing what they want to, in order to help themselves believe what they want to. It's an old trap. Prophecy is real but the trend by some to always see end times just around the corner has ALWAYS been proven wrong and will probably prove to be wrong again. The odds are that we are no more in the end times now than we were a thousand years ago.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you're wrong because you could even add more and in an historical sense, it would still be a decline, in size, scope and total death counts. War really HAS declined for now. That may change but to spend time seeking out wars or other bad news in order make people think we're in the end times is a pretty morbid thing to do.

There was another guy trying to hustle me into accepting gang wars in Los Angeles as proof of greater number of wars......there quickly comes a point when it becomes obvious that people WANT there to be more war so they can be right about living in the end times. Why not count price wars between gas stations too?

I think that is a deflection. Man is hateful and cruel and he kills. War is everywhere and WAR is morbid! It's not wrong to notice it. You don't have to assign an agenda or a judgment of morbidity to those who see it. Jesus has told us to watch.

I'm not talking about "seeing" it, I'm talking about ignoring the fact that it has actually been declining in recent decades.

It is not really declining. Hatred and bloodshed is at our very doorstep. Every sin is in escalation. That is a sign. We are not ignoring anything as spiritual ostriches, burying our heads in the sand. Are you suggesting the world is a more peaceful place than before?

No it REALLY is declining. You just have to be open to the idea and look at the real numbers. And hatred and bloodshed is not at my doorstep and I doubt it's at yours either; that's just drama speak. A person in Darfur could easily explain the difference between the reality of "Hatred and bloodshed is at our very doorstep" and the mere statement of it. Most of us never even have to REALLY experience "Hatred and bloodshed is at our very doorstep" and it's wrong and ungrateful to behave as if we do.

And every sin is NOT necessarily an escalation of war or a sign of end times. If it were then the signs of the end times have been here ever since sin was revealed by the law. You're reaching way to hard here. War has been declining since WW II. Disease and starvation are declining. These are things that should be welcomed and it a morbid thing to deny a good reality in preference for a negative perception. That's exactly what satan would have us do.

This generation is even more wicked than the last. They are even open about their sin as if it is all good! You cannot see that? Disease and starvation are not declining. There are more diseases than there were. There is nothing good about the reality that we live in a fallen world that is desperate for Jesus. We know that it is expected to worsen before He comes again. We are looking at the signs even now.

It's almost as if this verse is revealing your mindset:

1 Thessalonians 5:3

When people are saying,

Your walk should be with an urgency that is is your last day on earth. Be it the end times or a dump truck that you don't see coming down the street, it could be your last day on this earth.

End time or not should not change your lifestyle or walk....... but it sure is fun to discuss and look forward to...... and that's not a bad thing either.

No........we don't need to live as if it is our last day on earth because for the overwhelming majority of us, that's not the case. We can walk as good Christians without believing such things.

No one knows that it isn't the case that it is one's last day of life on earth.

I didn't say they did. I said for the overwhelming majority of people, that's not the case. It's also true that you don't need to behave or "walk" as if it's your last day on earth in order to be saved or to be a good Christian. There is no reason for a person to "walk" as if it's their last day on earth.

It's a good motivation to keep us on the narrow road!

Safe to say there are MUCH better motivations than using false notions about end time scenarios to stay on the narrow road.

People use end time scenarios to scare people into the Christian fold and then when the false scenario fails to materialize, those who were scared into Christianity get disillusioned and many times fall away, because Christianity has been discredited by those who claim to understand it's prophecies.

It's also true that EVERYONE knows the end times crowd has been around forever and have always been discredited throughout all of history, and there is no reason to suddenly assume the current generation of end timers are any more credible than all the end timers that came before them. To expect people to ignore that fact isn't even reasonable.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Seekeratthesea says - Safe to say there are MUCH better motivations than using false notions about end time scenarios to stay on the narrow road

Response - You never seem to have quoted statements or scripture to back up your ideas. Others have tried to show you scripture and it seems to have no effect at all. Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Seekeratthesea says - People use end time scenarios to scare people into the Christian fold

Response - Yes some have but that doesn't mean we should not read and know those things. Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. Revelation 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Seekeratthesea says - It's also true that EVERYONE knows the end times crowd has been around forever and have always been discredited throughout all of history.

Response - I'm actually sorry to say that with statements like this you don't seem to know that because the world hated Jesus, they will hate us also and always find fault in us, and your added criticism just goes right along with it. I believe your statements below will let others know where you are really coming from; more condemnation.

Seekeratthesea says - it is God's will that American Christians be pouring time, money and resources into Africa.

Seekeratthesea says - When American Christians don't help it's the fault of American Christians?

Seekeratthesea says - I think it's God's will that American Christians do TONS more than they already do

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

...The odds are that we are no more in the end times now than we were a thousand years ago.

You didn't address the substantive aspects of my post at all. Do you trust and believe Scripture or not?

It's your choice to play the odds and have faith in humanity. My faith is in Christ and in His Word alone.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  161
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,726
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

Your walk should be with an urgency that is is your last day on earth. Be it the end times or a dump truck that you don't see coming down the street, it could be your last day on this earth.

End time or not should not change your lifestyle or walk....... but it sure is fun to discuss and look forward to...... and that's not a bad thing either.

No........we don't need to live as if it is our last day on earth because for the overwhelming majority of us, that's not the case. We can walk as good Christians without believing such things.

No one knows that it isn't the case that it is one's last day of life on earth.

Each one of us is only one heartbeat away from eternity. :th_praying: