• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Greetings, all:

I realize that this is an extremely overworked topic here in the boards, but I'm still confused. :( So someone please help me out here...

Many people have pointed out that the "mark" is already appearing every day, in the form of UPC barcodes that appear on grocery products in the supermarket. Since it appears on nearly every product, then "no one can buy or sell" without it. And so on. You get the idea. This is from a post on another Christian message board

If you look at every corporate bar code on products we purchase. You will find two thin lines side by side, at the front, in the center and at the end of the bar code. The two thin lines represent the # 6. Since, we can not by or sell products without a MARK, maybe the Mark will include some kind of barcode to identify us...

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm still not keeping up.

After working decades in the retail biz, (including the programming of cash registers and their connected databases) I can tell you that and it is simply not true. The bars on a UPC code represent the exact numbers that are printed under them. Nothing more, nothing less. Some UPCs have one or more 6's in them and some do not.

There's a very easy way to test this: Just scan the code into an Excel spreadsheet, or some other accounting program, which is not connected to a product database. With no product to associate with, the program will have no other choice than to duplicate the exact digits that the bars represent - which will be the same as the numbers printed under the code.

But ah, you say, the sixes are embedded deeper into the code, just to trick us into complacency. But this is literally impossible, even for the most skilled programmer, because every computer in the world, no matter the language or operating system, is constructed on a binary system. The only numbers that a computer really recognizes, are ones and zeros. Everything else that a computer does (including operations that don't involve numbers) is nothing more than a manipulation of those ones and zeros.

Am I missing something? :emot-heartbeat:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

I believe that it is more helpful to be consistent in scriptural interpretation than to try to apply the current events into it. If one wanted to determine what the mark of the beast actually was, one would have to do a study of marking in scripture.

Though there is no way I'll ever get a barcode or a computer chip placed in or on me in any fashion, but that is because I'm a privacy nut.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Re 14:9 ...........If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead or in his hand.

If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead or in his hand.

:wub: ? I don't understand...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

It would be impossible to know for sure until after the fact. Probably not something worth worrying too much about. Even if it was a "bar-code", that does not make bar-codes evil in them selves or something we should avoid now.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Am I missing something? :wub:

Yes, my dear friend. You are missing the paranoia that goes along with all false teachings.

RunningGator brought up something to consider. The positions of the mark, forehead and hand, may very well mean what we think and do. Are they of God or are they of man? In other words, are we saved or not? As the word tells us, they will know us by our fruits. It may depend on which fruits we bare if the world will have anything to do with us.

As EricH mentioned, we don't know what it truly means, so why waste the time worrying about an issue we can not prove nor disprove?

Go In Gods Peace,

OneLight

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead or in his hand.

:wub: ? I don't understand...

If you havn't done so, I would suggest you read Revelations. I posted this verse because it refers to a personal interaction with the person and the beast.

Buying a box of cereal with a bar code , IMO, can hardly be construed to be a personal interaction.

There is a great deal of symbolism in the book of revelations. However, we know from other scripture that there will be false prophets and that the antichrist will sway millions and I'm thinking that the beast is the antichrist.

I don't concern myself with the interpretation of the book of revelations. G-d says He tells us these things only so that we will know of them and fear not.

I only concern myself with my everyday walk, because I alone will be held responsible at the end of my walk for my actions and not my ability to interpret the book of revelations.

Even if it was a "bar-code", that does not make bar-codes evil in them selves or something we should avoid now.

Actually, my larger point was that most barcodes don't even contain the number 666.

Even if it was a "bar-code", that does not make bar-codes evil in them selves or something we should avoid now.

Actually, my larger point was that most barcodes don't even contain the number 666.

Even if every barcode did have the number, it would mean absolutely nothing.

I don't believe the "mark" is a physical symbol or object. I believe it is spiritual in nature and is placed upon an individual by God Himself. It is God who marks these people, not the beast.

I believe this verse has something to do with the "mark".

2 Thess. 2

11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

----------------------------------------------------------------

Gathering material for your next book? :thumbsup:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

Actually, my larger point was that most barcodes don't even contain the number 666

I have never believed the bar code to be the mark of the beast. I have often heard the 'mark' was the ruler/king's picture or something like that which was put on the money and holding that money meant that person was your king/ruler. There are way too many ideas about this and still no one really knows what it is and I don't think anyone will until it is presented to the world. In the mean time I just don't worry about it but certainly pray that I will know it when I see/hear about it.