IGNORED

MARK OF THE BEAST

stevehut

Guest R. Barlow PhD
Greetings, all:

I realize that this is an extremely overworked topic here in the boards, but I'm still confused. :) So someone please help me out here...

Many people have pointed out that the "mark" is already appearing every day, in the form of UPC barcodes that appear on grocery products in the supermarket. Since it appears on nearly every product, then "no one can buy or sell" without it. And so on. You get the idea. This is from a post on another Christian message board

If you look at every corporate bar code on products we purchase. You will find two thin lines side by side, at the front, in the center and at the end of the bar code. The two thin lines represent the # 6. Since, we can not by or sell products without a MARK, maybe the Mark will include some kind of barcode to identify us...

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm still not keeping up.

After working decades in the retail biz, (including the programming of cash registers and their connected databases) I can tell you that and it is simply not true. The bars on a UPC code represent the exact numbers that are printed under them. Nothing more, nothing less. Some UPCs have one or more 6's in them and some do not.

There's a very easy way to test this: Just scan the code into an Excel spreadsheet, or some other accounting program, which is not connected to a product database. With no product to associate with, the program will have no other choice than to duplicate the exact digits that the bars represent - which will be the same as the numbers printed under the code.

But ah, you say, the sixes are embedded deeper into the code, just to trick us into complacency. But this is literally impossible, even for the most skilled programmer, because every computer in the world, no matter the language or operating system, is constructed on a binary system. The only numbers that a computer really recognizes, are ones and zeros. Everything else that a computer does (including operations that don't involve numbers) is nothing more than a manipulation of those ones and zeros.

Am I missing something? :o

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Greetings, all:

I realize that this is an extremely overworked topic here in the boards, but I'm still confused. :) So someone please help me out here...

Many people have pointed out that the "mark" is already appearing every day, in the form of UPC bar codes that appear on grocery products in the supermarket. Since it appears on nearly every product, then "no one can buy or sell" without it. And so on. You get the idea. This is from a post on another Christian message board

If you look at every corporate bar code on products we purchase. You will find two thin lines side by side, at the front, in the center and at the end of the bar code. The two thin lines represent the # 6. Since, we can not by or sell products without a MARK, maybe the Mark will include some kind of bar code to identify us...

After working decades in the retail biz, (including the programming of cash registers and their connected databases) I can tell you that and it is simply not true. The bars on a UPC code represent the exact numbers that are printed under them. Nothing more, nothing less. Some UPCs have one or more 6's in them and some do not.

There's a very easy way to test this: Just scan the code into an Excel spreadsheet, or some other accounting program, which is not connected to a product database. With no product to associate with, the program will have no other choice than to duplicate the exact digits that the bars represent - which will be the same as the numbers printed under the code.

But ah, you say, the sixes are embedded deeper into the code, just to trick us into complacency. But this is literally impossible, even for the most skilled programmer, because every computer in the world, no matter the language or operating system, is constructed on a binary system. The only numbers that a computer really recognizes, are ones and zeros. Everything else that a computer does (including operations that don't involve numbers) is nothing more than a manipulation of those ones and zeros.

We should aways look to the bible for our answers. So what does the word of God say? It says that the mark of the beast is a "mark" that the beast will want us to receive in our hand or forehead. It says that we shall not be able to buy nor sell unless we receive or except the mark of the beast "in our hand or forehead". So we know that the mark of the beast has everything to do with money.

By this we know that the mark of the beast is not the UPC codes. But the RFID chips or ink could be. There is a company out of St Lewis Mo. That has created an ink that can hold info and can be read vie a meter from up to four feet away. This is what I believe is the future mark of the beast. An RFID tattoo. If you want to find out more about this put into your computer "rfid tattoo" and see what comes up.

Guest R. Barlow PhD
Greetings, all:

Many people have pointed out that the "mark" is already appearing every day, in the form of UPC barcodes that appear on grocery products in the supermarket. Since it appears on nearly every product, then "no one can buy or sell" without it. And so on. You get the idea. This is from a post on another Christian message board

If you look at every corporate bar code on products we purchase. You will find two thin lines side by side, at the front, in the center and at the end of the bar code. The two thin lines represent the # 6. Since, we can not by or sell products without a MARK, maybe the Mark will include some kind of barcode to identify us...

Guest R. Barlow PhD
Greetings, all:

So what does the word of God say? It says that the mark of the beast is a "mark" that the beast will want us to receive in our hand or forehead.

Actually, this is what it says.

Rev. 13

16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,

I don't believe it states anywhere that the beast himself wants us to have a mark.

The verse simply states that he is the "cause" of the mark. That could mean anything. It could even mean that it is God Himself who marks these people.....which is what I personally believe.

But I suppose it all depends on what version of the bible one is reading. I read the New King James, with an old King James for cross referencing.

It says that we shall not be able to buy nor sell unless we receive or except the mark of the beast "in our hand or forehead". So we know that the mark of the beast has everything to do with money.

Not necessarily. If the mark is a spiritual mark, as I believe it to be, the ability or inability to buy and sell could be as simple as pledging or not pledging some sort of allegiance to the beast.