stevehut

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

Even if it was a "bar-code", that does not make bar-codes evil in them selves or something we should avoid now.

Actually, my larger point was that most barcodes don't even contain the number 666.

OK

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/16/1955

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

The greek word translated as "mark" means a visible brand denoting ownership, much like what we currently use on livestock.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

John's reader's (and John himself, for that matter) wouldn't have known anything about barcodes or lasers, but whatever it turns out to be, it would have been something that they were familiar with.

Now, why does no one take me seriously when I say that? :rolleyes:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58

John's reader's (and John himself, for that matter) wouldn't have known anything about barcodes or lasers, but whatever it turns out to be, it would have been something that they were familiar with.

Now, why does no one take me seriously when I say that? :whistling:

Not necessarily. God could have shown them something in the future that would have been unfamiliar to them. Their challenge would have been describing the unfamiliar thing. They would have tried to describe it using the things that they did know.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

My understanding is that the 3 sets of double lines (1 at the beginning, middle and end) do indeed represent the number 6 but are not read for the purpose of gathering information. Their purpose are to set the parameters for the laser to read the code. Each numeric position has (I believe) 7 sections which are either white or black and thus represents the numbers below. The 3 sets of lines simply provide a means of accurately scaling all the spaces. Since items are scanned in a variety of positions it is necessary to have 3 measurable references to allow the computer to adjust for perspective and curvature.

What you wrote is true. There are 3 sets of double lines on every barcode and your explananation seems plausible. I have also been told that the double line represents the number 6 elsewhere in the barcode although I have not been able to corroborate that. "Cracking the Prophetic Code" by Ken Klein goes into some detail about this as well as some other related topics.

Shall we ignore the direction that the world is going towards developing an RFID tattoo that identifies each and every person as well as all of their personal information? Shall we blindly go along when the world says it will be better, safer, faster... than cash, credit cards, paper medical records, etc.? Will we bow down to the innovation that strips us of our privacy?

Why is it so hard for people to believe that the "mark" may be exactly what John described as a mark on the right hand or forehead? Is it the same reason that people believe Jesus won't be coming soon? Is it because people have always said, "Jesus is coming soon"? Let's not dismiss certain ideas just because we have always dismissed them.

The beast of the earth will cleverly persuade everyone to take the mark of the beast. The beast of the sea will make war against the saints and if you are still here when it does, remember to have patient endurance and faithfulness.

Edited by NickyLouse

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

There will be three things men will have a choice of taking in the days of the Antichrist: The mark of Antichrist, his name, or the number of his name. What the Antichrist's name and mark will be is not stated in Scripture; but the number of his name is stated as being 666. Therefore, no man can now know his name or his mark and will never be able to know them untill the Antichrist comes. However, anyone now can know that 666 is the number of his name, as revealed in Revelation 13:18.

"The beast of the earth will cleverly persuade everyone to take the mark of the beast. The beast of the sea will make war against the saints and if you are still here when it does, remember to have patient endurance and faithfulness"

Not true. The fact that certain countries will escape his rule (Dan. 11:40-44), and certain countries will make war on him the very time he is supposed to be ruling the whole world (Dan. 11:40-44), and that multitudes of people will never take his mark and they will never be killed by the Antichriust for not doing so, proves he is unable to cleverly persuade everyone to take his mark.

The Bible speaks of many peoples of many nations that are left after the reign of the Antichrist, people who will be alive in the Millennium and will go up yearly to worship God (Zech. 14:16-21). This naturally limits the kingdom of the Antichrist to only part of the world and so limits his ability to kill everyone who does not take his mark even in his own empire. According to Revelation 14:9-11 no one who had taken the mark will go into the Millennium, but will be sent to eternal Hell. That multitudes go into the Millennium proves they have not taken the mark and also have not been killed by the Antichrist for not taking it.

If the Antichrist kills person on Earth who does not take his mark and the Lord sneds to eternal Hell everyone who does take Antichrists mark, then there would not be left one person to enter the Millennium. This would be contrary to Zech. 14:16-21; Matt. 25:31-46; Isa. 2:1-4, and many other Scriptures.

Haz.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

ONce we get the full cashless society, the mark could literally be anything. it does not have to necessarily identify an individual person by number, but only identify that person as a follower and worshiper of the image of the beast.

Simple: One day the powers that be put out information that in three months all accounts will be frozen and to get them open you must drop by your bank and show them the mark that you have taken an oath to follow and worship the beast and/or it's image.

At that point the mark could be anything at all...... I personally like a medium sized purple smiley face.

Sam

ONce we get the full cashless society, the mark could literally be anything. it does not have to necessarily identify an individual person by number, but only identify that person as a follower and worshiper of the image of the beast.

Simple: One day the powers that be put out information that in three months all accounts will be frozen and to get them open you must drop by your bank and show them the mark that you have taken an oath to follow and worship the beast and/or it's image.

At that point the mark could be anything at all...... I personally like a medium sized purple smiley face.

Sam

It could be as simple as swearing allegiance to the beast.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I've read some new age writings that comes right out and plans a Luciferian oath....