• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

There will be three things men will have a choice of taking in the days of the Antichrist: The mark of Antichrist, his name, or the number of his name. What the Antichrist's name and mark will be is not stated in Scripture; but the number of his name is stated as being 666. Therefore, no man can now know his name or his mark and will never be able to know them untill the Antichrist comes. However, anyone now can know that 666 is the number of his name, as revealed in Revelation 13:18.

"The beast of the earth will cleverly persuade everyone to take the mark of the beast. The beast of the sea will make war against the saints and if you are still here when it does, remember to have patient endurance and faithfulness"

Not true.

I don't think I am reading this out of context or overemphasizing an hyperbole, but according to Rev13:16

16He also forced everyone (my emphasis), small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

The fact that certain countries will escape his rule (Dan. 11:40-44), and certain countries will make war on him the very time he is supposed to be ruling the whole world (Dan. 11:40-44), and that multitudes of people will never take his mark and they will never be killed by the Antichriust for not doing so, proves he is unable to cleverly persuade everyone to take his mark.

The Bible speaks of many peoples of many nations that are left after the reign of the Antichrist, people who will be alive in the Millennium and will go up yearly to worship God (Zech. 14:16-21). This naturally limits the kingdom of the Antichrist to only part of the world and so limits his ability to kill everyone who does not take his mark even in his own empire.

Forgive me since I am not that learned about many parts of prophecy and I do not see the inherent connection between those passages and the beast of the sea.

According to Revelation 14:9-11 no one who had taken the mark will go into the Millennium, but will be sent to eternal Hell. That multitudes go into the Millennium proves they have not taken the mark and also have not been killed by the Antichrist for not taking it.

There are 2 comments I would like to make about this:

1. In Revelation 14:9-11, the Bible says that those who receive the mark will be tormented and this is affirmed by Revelation 16:2. Maybe you are inferring from Revelation 14:13 that since those who died thereafter are blessed (because they will not have taken the mark) that those who take the mark are "not blessed" and therefore sent to eternal Hell? Revelation 16:10 does say that those who take the mark, receiving painful sores, will curse God and also that they will not repent, which would lead us to believe that they are not saved. :th_praying:
  2. I think the more important verse regarding this is Revelation 20:4 where the Bible states that those who did not receive the mark were beheaded. Then they were raised to life to reign in the Millenium. Why do you think that the people living in the Millenium have to be those who were not killed?

If the Antichrist kills [every] person on Earth who does not take his mark and the Lord sends to eternal Hell everyone who does take Antichrists mark, then there would not be left one person to enter the Millennium. This would be contrary to Zech. 14:16-21; Matt. 25:31-46; Isa. 2:1-4, and many other Scriptures.

Haz.

Haz., please forgive me if this seems argumentative as I only want to be sure of what I wrote earlier and what I believe about these matters. And now here is a supposition that I have not thoroughly considered, but I leave to your response if you wish:

Is it possible that some people, (who have eternal life as evidenced by their faith in Jesus), may unwittingly or even unwillingly receive a mark of the beast but will not be condemned to eternal Hell for it? I am not seeking for a way around persecution because it would be clearly better to be killed for our testimony and not taking the mark and then reign in the Millenium, but merely asking.

Sincerely Yours

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

There will be three things men will have a choice of taking in the days of the Antichrist: The mark of Antichrist, his name, or the number of his name. What the Antichrist's name and mark will be is not stated in Scripture; but the number of his name is stated as being 666. Therefore, no man can now know his name or his mark and will never be able to know them untill the Antichrist comes. However, anyone now can know that 666 is the number of his name, as revealed in Revelation 13:18.

"The beast of the earth will cleverly persuade everyone to take the mark of the beast. The beast of the sea will make war against the saints and if you are still here when it does, remember to have patient endurance and faithfulness"

Not true.

I don't think I am reading this out of context or overemphasizing an hyperbole, but according to Rev13:16

16He also forced everyone (my emphasis), small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, 17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

The fact that certain countries will escape his rule (Dan. 11:40-44), and certain countries will make war on him the very time he is supposed to be ruling the whole world (Dan. 11:40-44), and that multitudes of people will never take his mark and they will never be killed by the Antichriust for not doing so, proves he is unable to cleverly persuade everyone to take his mark.

The Bible speaks of many peoples of many nations that are left after the reign of the Antichrist, people who will be alive in the Millennium and will go up yearly to worship God (Zech. 14:16-21). This naturally limits the kingdom of the Antichrist to only part of the world and so limits his ability to kill everyone who does not take his mark even in his own empire.

Forgive me since I am not that learned about many parts of prophecy and I do not see the inherent connection between those passages and the beast of the sea.

According to Revelation 14:9-11 no one who had taken the mark will go into the Millennium, but will be sent to eternal Hell. That multitudes go into the Millennium proves they have not taken the mark and also have not been killed by the Antichrist for not taking it.

There are 2 comments I would like to make about this:

1. In Revelation 14:9-11, the Bible says that those who receive the mark will be tormented and this is affirmed by Revelation 16:2. Maybe you are inferring from Revelation 14:13 that since those who died thereafter are blessed (because they will not have taken the mark) that those who take the mark are "not blessed" and therefore sent to eternal Hell? Revelation 16:10 does say that those who take the mark, receiving painful sores, will curse God and also that they will not repent, which would lead us to believe that they are not saved. :noidea:
  2. I think the more important verse regarding this is Revelation 20:4 where the Bible states that those who did not receive the mark were beheaded. Then they were raised to life to reign in the Millenium. Why do you think that the people living in the Millenium have to be those who were not killed?

If the Antichrist kills [every] person on Earth who does not take his mark and the Lord sends to eternal Hell everyone who does take Antichrists mark, then there would not be left one person to enter the Millennium. This would be contrary to Zech. 14:16-21; Matt. 25:31-46; Isa. 2:1-4, and many other Scriptures.

Haz.

Haz., please forgive me if this seems argumentative as I only want to be sure of what I wrote earlier and what I believe about these matters. And now here is a supposition that I have not thoroughly considered, but I leave to your response if you wish:

Is it possible that some people, (who have eternal life as evidenced by their faith in Jesus), may unwittingly or even unwillingly receive a mark of the beast but will not be condemned to eternal Hell for it? I am not seeking for a way around persecution because it would be clearly better to be killed for our testimony and not taking the mark and then reign in the Millenium, but merely asking.

Sincerely Yours

Hi NickyLouse.

"There are 2 comments I would like to make about this:

In Revelation 14:9-11, the Bible says that those who receive the mark will be tormented and this is affirmed by Revelation 16:2. Maybe you are inferring from Revelation 14:13 that since those who died thereafter are blessed (because they will not have taken the mark) that those who take the mark are "not blessed" and therefore sent to eternal Hell? Revelation 16:10 does say that those who take the mark, receiving painful sores, will curse God and also that they will not repent, which would lead us to believe that they are not saved. :noidea:

I think the more important verse regarding this is Revelation 20:4 where the Bible states that those who did not receive the mark were beheaded. Then they were raised to life to reign in the Millenium. Why do you think that the people living in the Millenium have to be those who were not killed?"

Scripture shows those willingly and willfully taking the mark will be sent to hell by God. Those who are captured by Antichrist and refuse to take the mark will be killed by him but they will not be sent to eternal hell by God so they are safe.

If anyone unwittingly or even unwillingly receives a mark of the beast, they will never be rejected by God. It is only those who willingly and willfully do such things who will be rejected.

Regarding the Antichrist ruling the "whole world," the scriptures speak in context of the whole world as was then known. For example, regarding the Extent of Antichrist's Reign (Rev. 13:5-18) (Dan.7:23).

The question often arises, "Will the Antichrist have power over all kindreds, tongues, and nations, and will all that dwell on Earth worship him?" While this can generally be answered in the affirmative, still much depends on what is meant by all. If all is used in the most inclusive sense and is meant to include every individual in the known world today, we can say that he will not have this power, but if it is taken to mean all that God has in mind-the latter day ten kingdoms of old Rome--we can say that all will include all affected by the decree made by the Antichrist in his empire.

The following points from scripture prove that the Antichrist will not rule over America or be a World Wide Dictator as many students of prophecy teach.

1. The word all in Rev.13 is simply part of the figure of speach called "synecdoche" in which a part is used for a whole and a whole for a part. It is frequently used in scripture as in the following examples:

1."I even I do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherin is the breath of life, from under heaven; and EVERY THING that is in the earth shall die" (Gen.6:17). If we look at this literally as men do Rev.13, we would have Noah and his family and all the animals in the ark dead, for they were also under the Heaven and in the earth and yet did not die.

2. " And they utterly destroyed ALL THAT WERE IN THE CITY, both men and women" refering to the people in Jerico when the wall fell, but "all" here must be understood in a limited sense, for Rahab and all her people were spared (Josh. 6:21-25).

3. "David and ALL THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL played before the Lord" and brought up the ark" (2 Sam.6:5,15). yet not all Israel did this, for many did not know how to play instruments and many were too young and still many more were not even gathered at that one place.

4. "Six months did Joab remain there [out of his own country] with ALL ISRAEL untill he had cut off every male in Edom" (1 Kings 11:16,17). The "ALL ISRAEL" referred to here is part of the army of Israel.

5. In Rom.1:8 Paul said, "Your faith is spoken of throughout the WHOLE WORLD," but we know he meant only that the local church at Rome was known by many in the various parts of the Roman Empire. Multitudes outside of Rome, and even many inside the Empire of Rome had never yet heard of the Christian faith, much less of the local church at Rome. The same thing is true of Col. 1:23 where we read that the gospel had been "Preached to EVERY CREATURE UNDER HEAVEN" and in Rom. 10:18 it was preached "INTO ALL THE EARTH" and ''UNTO THE ENDS OF THE WORLD" The gospel has not even yet been taken to all nations, so we know the whole world was not evangelized in Paul's day.

6. In Acts 11:28 we read of a dearth [famin] "THROUGHOUT ALL THE WORLD" which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar. That famin did not cover every part of the Roman Empire much less all continents and islands of the world.

Many hundreds of examples can be given to demonstrate the word ALL is used in a figurative sense of a part, so we do not need to believe that Rev.13 and Dan.7:23 means that the Antichrist of the future will literally reign over all the earth and kill all who do not take his mark.

We must, therefore, understand the way the word "all" is supposed to be understood in a particular scripture. If it means ALL in the all inclusive sense then there will be no limitations to it in the passage itself or in other scriptures on the same subject. If it means ALL of what it has reference to specifically and it is clear that it means a part of something and this is made clear in the passage itself or in other passages on the same subject, then we must be sensible to recognize the fact that ALL is not inclusive of all men on earth.

For example, when Paul said of God that it was His will that "ALL men come to the knowledge of the truth" (1Tim.2:24), we know that this means ALL MEN without exception. But when we read of ALL MEN being baptized of John and in the same passage and in other passages on the subject, it is made clear that many were not baptized, then we take it as a figurative statement expressing that a great many in the region were baptized of John. We can see in both Testaments that God used universal terms in speaking of the extent of certain kingdoms and the powers of certain kings. We can also see that these terms show that only a great part of the earth was ruled by these kings and empires. We can therefore logically conclude that the extent of Antichrists kingdom and power could likewise be limited to a part of the world. Because we can find a number of scriptures limiting his power and authority to a part of the Earth, and they plainly tell us what part of the Earth will be under him and what part will not be under him then we must limit the "ALL" of Rev.13 and Dan. 7:23 to what territory he rules over and not make it universal as many prophetical students do.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

1- There are 3 sets of double lines on every barcode and your explananation seems plausible.

2- I have also been told that the double line represents the number 6 elsewhere in the barcode

3- Why is it so hard for people to believe that the "mark" may be exactly what John described as a mark on the right hand or forehead?

1- There's a very easy way to test this: Scan the code into any financial software or spreadsheet (Quicken, Excel, etc.) that is not attached to a database. It will bring up the exact same digits that are printed under the bars, every time.

2- By who? :noidea: If this was true, it would make a upc completely useless for any commercial purpose, and no one would use it.

3- On the hand or head, perhaps. But on a box of Cheerious? :taped::wub:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,089
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The upc bar code is actually two sets of codes. They begin with a start code and switch from one set to the other and end with three sets of two narrow lines separated with a small white space. This happens to be the number six in the codes on the right.

So in a sense the bar code does have a 666 in it. However bar codes don't work well when put on things that can stretch (like skin). I seriously don't think it would be reliable anough to be used as the mark.

So in a sense the bar code does have a 666 in it.

"In a sense?" :thumbsup: Ummm...no, either it's there, or it's not.

Last time I checked, the number was six hundred and sixty-six, not a six here and a six there.

The lines that are used in the control placements just happen to be the same as the six in the second set of codes....... You can pick words to death on this subject till the cows come home. However bar codes in general are not accuriate when placed on humans with skin that moves and stretches and is in general flexable.....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

However bar codes in general are not accuriate when placed on humans with skin that moves and stretches and is in general flexable.....

Hi other one.

What this technology has produced is an ability to carry radio frequencies within ink. I do not know how that may apply to six hundred sixty-six, but it may become a way of limiting purchasing power with a tattoo.

Maybe someone back in the day that the Federal Reserve was created thought that their being in control of the production of promissory notes in exchange for metal currency was a means for the beast from the earth to control buying and selling. :noidea:

I think most of us are susceptible to the beast's ability to put a halt to buying and spending right now. Unless you are self-sufficient, it will take patient endurance and faith to overcome.

However bar codes in general are not accuriate when placed on humans with skin that moves and stretches and is in general flexable.....

Hi other one.

What this technology has produced is an ability to carry radio frequencies within ink. I do not know how that may apply to six hundred sixty-six, but it may become a way of limiting purchasing power with a tattoo.

Maybe someone back in the day that the Federal Reserve was created thought that their being in control of the production of promissory notes in exchange for metal currency was a means for the beast from the earth to control buying and selling. :noidea:

I think most of us are susceptible to the beast's ability to put a halt to buying and spending right now. Unless you are self-sufficient, it will take patient endurance and faith to overcome.

Nickie, the secret to controlling who can buy and sell is moving into a cashless society and not some mark. Once you move into a cashless society you have control over everyone. At that point you can freese anyone or everyones accounts and make them have literally anything as a mark for the financial institutions unfreeze the accounts. Like I have said for years, I personally would choose a purple smiley face and that would work as well as a complicated tattoo. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that some of these things might not end up as the mark, but only that it is unwise for us to decide just what it will be.

My personal opinion from reading books and papers from the New Age people who are bringing in the global situation for the antichrist this stands a very good chance of being the mark.

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/oth...urrent=mark.jpg

From their writings it is described as an eternal or everlasting 666. Has no begining and no end.

The lines that are used in the control placements just happen to be the same as the six in the second set of codes....... You can pick words to death on this subject till the cows come home.

I think you missed the point here.

Do these barcodes contain the number six hundred sixty-six, or not? :thumbsup:

That would totally depend on how technical you wanted to get with your words. The three marker bars that are start-switch codes-end do look like the six in the second code set, but they are not numbers at all, just markers. Some people because they happen to look like a six in the second set of codes will tell you that is the six six six............ and it is hard to say no it really isn't they are just markers that look like a six in some instances.

Thus my post on words......... there really isn't a yes or no answer that everyone will accept. It just depends on how much you want the barcode to be the mark of the beast.