• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, ok I'd like to demonstrate something -

The following is a spell, if it's on a forum you visit, demons will come and devour your computer

"lol hahah wow I R 1337"

Oh man demons are so coming to devour our comptuers now.

Hmm how about this -

:whistling:

It's an image of a demon. Notice it's round yellow form, that's what demon's look like, I know because I've seen them!

Yu-Gi-Oh is as satanic as the smileys on this forum, and the cards are as much spells as what I just typed. Why are we trying to destroy imagination here? Did you ever watch the wizard of oz? Should that be banned? There are witches in it, you're inviting satan into your lives by watching that movie! How about A Christmas Carol, aren't ghosts evil? There's 4 of them in that story! Anyway, I wish we could all just see it's not meant to be real, it's just fantasy, there's nothing wrong with fantasy, god gave us our imaginations shouldn't we use them?

P.S. Demons take any form, I dislike when people tell me the music I listen to is satanic, or certain images are demonic, demons and satan don't have a set form, you can't say you know what they look like, or what they'd sound like. They can take the form of your mother if they'd like.

Edited by Bob Dole

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jckduboise

The following is a spell, if it's on a forum you visit, demons will come and devour your computer

"lol hahah wow I R 1337"

Hmm how about this -

:whistling:

It's an image of a demon. Notice it's round yellow form, that's what demon's look like, I know because I've seen them!

Yu-Gi-Oh is as satanic as the smileys on this forum, and the cards are as much spells as what I just typed. Why are we trying to destroy imagination here? Did you ever watch the wizard of oz? Should that be banned? There are witches in it, you're inviting satan into your lives by watching that movie! How about A Christmas Carol, aren't ghosts evil? There's 4 of them in that story! Anyway, I wish we could all just see it's not meant to be real, it's just fantasy, there's nothing wrong with fantasy, god gave us our imaginations shouldn't we use them?

P.S. Demons take any form, I dislike when people tell me the music I listen to is satanic, or certain images are demonic, demons and satan don't have a set form, you can't say you know what they look like, or what they'd sound like. They can take the form of your mother if they'd like.

Well good for you Mr. Dole. Read your bible and tell me that any of what you said supports the verses and the entertainment of any form of the dark side. When you can find it I will take what you have had to say seriously.

I dislike when people tell me that what I feel to be true in my heart about what God says about such things is rubish.

If you chose to be decieved so be it..but please don't say you weren't warned.

God Bless you and have a wonderful everning.

Well good for you Mr. Dole. Read your bible and tell me that any of what you said supports the verses and the entertainment of any form of the dark side. When you can find it I will take what you have had to say seriously.

I dislike when people tell me that what I feel to be true in my heart about what God says about such things is rubish.

Ok think of this, in programing there is code, routines, and a stack. Sure there's more but I'm just using these three for the example. You write code to create routines and subroutines that are called from the stack and that's what makes a program work. Now if I said "I cast spells (write code) to call demons (routines and subroutines) from the dark world (the stack)" does that now make computers (and this forum) evil?

Where in the bible does it say fictional magic like yu-gi-oh is wrong? When you play it knowing it's not real and just as a game, then it isn't wrong. But when you start to believe the game is real (and I mean really believe, not make believe when you ran around with a toy pistol playing cowboys and indians) that's when it's a problem.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The spirit of Yu-Gi-Oh

Popular anime characters have joined the vast selections of costumes now sold through the Internet, and little Yugi (short for Yu-Gi-Oh) is likely to be a big hit. Eclipsing Pokemon and more familiar Japanese animations, Yugi has fast gained worldwide fame. Since the daily television show serves as a continual ad for his magical dueling cards, the occult images have suddenly become coveted treasures to young collectors around the world.

The cards in the "starter deck" (pictured above) bear titles such as "Soul Exchange," "Ultimate Offering," "Summoned Skull" and "Sorcerer of the Doomed." The latter card offers this sinister warning: "A slave of the dark arts, this sorcerer is a master of life-extinguishing spells."

Does that sound like a child's game to you?

The latest version of the game, one "that's sweeping the nation," is featured on the official Yu-Gi-Oh website:

"Duel Monsters is a card-battling game in which players pit different mystical creatures against one another in wild, magical duels! Packed with awesome monsters and mighty spell-cards, Yugi and his friends are totally obsessed with the game."[6]

So are his fans. An occult fascination that seemed unthinkable two decades ago has spread like wildfire through western nations and around the world. Indeed, the times have changed, and the gods and spirits behind the old Celtic Samhain (the roots of Halloween) must be cheering.

"But," the Yu-Gi-Oh website assures us, "there's more to this card game than meets the eye!" Indeed there is. Its mythical universe has introduced children to an alternative worldview that may soon become so familiar to young fans that it clouds God's truth and quenches key facts about the real world.

Like the Harry Potter myth, Yugi's mythical world is fortified with its own built-in history. Children learn that today's popular dueling game began in Egypt five thousand years ago, when the Pharaohs played a game that involved magical rituals, divination (foretelling the future) and the combined power of monsters and magic. But, as one might expect, all those "magical spells and ferocious creatures... threatened to destroy the entire world!" But a powerful Pharaoh resolved the crisis with "seven powerful magical totems."[6] As in pagan religions around the world, a mighty shaman had battled evil spells by summoning more powerful spirits to his side.

Fast forward to our own times. Yugi is trying to solve an ancient Egyptian puzzle. When he succeeds, he is filled with amazing energies and creates his own powerful alter ego, Yami Yugi, a larger and stronger replica of himself.[7] The magical dueling game and the monsters symbolized on its cards fill his time and guide his life. "The cards are about heart," he explains.[8]

Yugi and his team of friends supposedly model courage, loyalty, faith and team-work -- all the politically correct character qualities that are needed for global solidarity, according to real-world managers. Naturally, Yugi fans believe that their hero teaches good, not evil, beliefs and values. Are they right?

Take a look at some scenes from the October 10th episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh anime. Yugi has been battling his enemy, Pegasus, whose powers have "overtaxed" his mind and caused his collapse. His friends fear his death ("I can't sense his spirit"). But his grandpa shows his faith in the strength of the group and its unified energies: "The unshakeable devotion of Yugi's friends keeps him alive."

The three friends agree. "If we will concentrate our energies and try to reach him with all our might, then maybe our bond of friendship can get through to him -- even in the shadow realm. Let's give it a try." They recall their "friendship pact", gather in a triangle, focus their minds, combine their individual energies, affirm their faith in Yugi, and transmit a collective magical force into the object of their devotion.

This ritual matches the formula for spells and magic taught by Starhawk, founder of the Covenant of the Goddess. In her witchcraft manual, The Spiral Dance, the Wiccan leader explains that the purpose of magical training is "to make contact with the Divine within. The beginner must develop four basic abilities: relaxation, concentration, visualization, and mental projection."[9]

In today's real world of paganism, "mental projection" is a psychic extension of occult faith and visualization. After concentrating on the image, the budding magician uses mental determination to connect with the hidden energy source and manipulate the imagined object according to his or her will. This anime, like Star Wars and other myth-making movies, demonstrates a timeless formula for practical spiritism, spell-casting and magic.

In the next scene, Yugi's alter-ego continues the game in his place. Yugi2 draws a card from the deck with power to block Pegasus' all-seeing "millennial eye." Cheering him on, his team is learning another lesson in oneness: "Together we can stand strong against" any foe.

"Now that my friends are working with me on a whole new level, this is a whole new game," declares Yugi2. He draws a winning card: the "Mystic Box" which frees his "magician," who mystically appears with his wand. Next, he draws "Brain Control" and casts a powerful spell. "How does it feel, Pegasus," he taunts his foe, "to have the tables turned and then to have the magical powers of mind control used against you?"

It's Pegasus's turn, but he passes. Yugi draws again. "It's a ritual card.... Dark magic ritual and to invoke its great powers I must make a double offering." He sacrifices two of Pegasus' powerful monsters and shouts triumphantly, "The offering has been accepted. A new power is brought forth.... The magician of Black chaos.... I will avenge my fallen friend."

Thanks for explaining all that. It seems so complicated. I have a 7 year old son who has some from his friends. I've been frustrated with Christians declaring this or that is demonic and it's just about everything and everyone. I told my son that Yu-Gi-O is a game that is based on lies. I told him there is only One real power and that is God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I told him to know the truth and his response was a segment of the roadrunner doing some outrageous antics. He said that's a lie. So, we grew up with Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, etc and God set us straight. His father, my ex, is so demon conscience that it's downright scary. He's also an abusive Christian. He is more spiritually dangerous than those cards. I don't think it's humanly possible to avoid the evils of this world including what's in our churches, but it is spiritually possible through the grace of God and our will to keep our eyes on Jesus. The Holy Spirit is in us to be our teacher and cousellor. That is what I would like my son to know and learn to listen to only Him. He told his teacher at Christmas that it was Jesus's birthday. She tried to shut him down and told him it was about family and friends spending time together. She tried to teach about Mother Earth. He told her there wasn't any Mother Earth, but God. I trust God with my children and will tell them what He wants them to know.

Guest jckduboise

Ok think of this, in programing there is code, routines, and a stack. Sure there's more but I'm just using these three for the example. You write code to create routines and subroutines that are called from the stack and that's what makes a program work. Now if I said "I cast spells (write code) to call demons (routines and subroutines) from the dark world (the stack)" does that now make computers (and this forum) evil?

Where in the bible does it say fictional magic like yu-gi-oh is wrong? When you play it knowing it's not real and just as a game, then it isn't wrong. But when you start to believe the game is real (and I mean really believe, not make believe when you ran around with a toy pistol playing cowboys and indians) that's when it's a problem.

I don't know any thing about programming or the like..I do know that messing with evil is messing with evil..there is no grey area from God regarding it..

Even in the book of Revelations those who are involved in worshipping other gods, magic arts and others will damn a person to hell..

If you are intent on being involved in things that have to do with magic so be it. I can't stop you. But I can tell you that our imaginations can be very dark at times and dark is NOT of God.

Have a good day sir, and God Bless

Guest micen2
The spirit of Yu-Gi-Oh

Popular anime characters have joined the vast selections of costumes now sold through the Internet, and little Yugi (short for Yu-Gi-Oh) is likely to be a big hit. Eclipsing Pokemon and more familiar Japanese animations, Yugi has fast gained worldwide fame. Since the daily television show serves as a continual ad for his magical dueling cards, the occult images have suddenly become coveted treasures to young collectors around the world.

The cards in the "starter deck" (pictured above) bear titles such as "Soul Exchange," "Ultimate Offering," "Summoned Skull" and "Sorcerer of the Doomed." The latter card offers this sinister warning: "A slave of the dark arts, this sorcerer is a master of life-extinguishing spells."

Does that sound like a child's game to you?

The latest version of the game, one "that's sweeping the nation," is featured on the official Yu-Gi-Oh website:

"Duel Monsters is a card-battling game in which players pit different mystical creatures against one another in wild, magical duels! Packed with awesome monsters and mighty spell-cards, Yugi and his friends are totally obsessed with the game."[6]

So are his fans. An occult fascination that seemed unthinkable two decades ago has spread like wildfire through western nations and around the world. Indeed, the times have changed, and the gods and spirits behind the old Celtic Samhain (the roots of Halloween) must be cheering.

"But," the Yu-Gi-Oh website assures us, "there's more to this card game than meets the eye!" Indeed there is. Its mythical universe has introduced children to an alternative worldview that may soon become so familiar to young fans that it clouds God's truth and quenches key facts about the real world.

Like the Harry Potter myth, Yugi's mythical world is fortified with its own built-in history. Children learn that today's popular dueling game began in Egypt five thousand years ago, when the Pharaohs played a game that involved magical rituals, divination (foretelling the future) and the combined power of monsters and magic. But, as one might expect, all those "magical spells and ferocious creatures... threatened to destroy the entire world!" But a powerful Pharaoh resolved the crisis with "seven powerful magical totems."[6] As in pagan religions around the world, a mighty shaman had battled evil spells by summoning more powerful spirits to his side.

Fast forward to our own times. Yugi is trying to solve an ancient Egyptian puzzle. When he succeeds, he is filled with amazing energies and creates his own powerful alter ego, Yami Yugi, a larger and stronger replica of himself.[7] The magical dueling game and the monsters symbolized on its cards fill his time and guide his life. "The cards are about heart," he explains.[8]

Yugi and his team of friends supposedly model courage, loyalty, faith and team-work -- all the politically correct character qualities that are needed for global solidarity, according to real-world managers. Naturally, Yugi fans believe that their hero teaches good, not evil, beliefs and values. Are they right?

Take a look at some scenes from the October 10th episode of the Yu-Gi-Oh anime. Yugi has been battling his enemy, Pegasus, whose powers have "overtaxed" his mind and caused his collapse. His friends fear his death ("I can't sense his spirit"). But his grandpa shows his faith in the strength of the group and its unified energies: "The unshakeable devotion of Yugi's friends keeps him alive."

The three friends agree. "If we will concentrate our energies and try to reach him with all our might, then maybe our bond of friendship can get through to him -- even in the shadow realm. Let's give it a try." They recall their "friendship pact", gather in a triangle, focus their minds, combine their individual energies, affirm their faith in Yugi, and transmit a collective magical force into the object of their devotion.

This ritual matches the formula for spells and magic taught by Starhawk, founder of the Covenant of the Goddess. In her witchcraft manual, The Spiral Dance, the Wiccan leader explains that the purpose of magical training is "to make contact with the Divine within. The beginner must develop four basic abilities: relaxation, concentration, visualization, and mental projection."[9]

In today's real world of paganism, "mental projection" is a psychic extension of occult faith and visualization. After concentrating on the image, the budding magician uses mental determination to connect with the hidden energy source and manipulate the imagined object according to his or her will. This anime, like Star Wars and other myth-making movies, demonstrates a timeless formula for practical spiritism, spell-casting and magic.

In the next scene, Yugi's alter-ego continues the game in his place. Yugi2 draws a card from the deck with power to block Pegasus' all-seeing "millennial eye." Cheering him on, his team is learning another lesson in oneness: "Together we can stand strong against" any foe.

"Now that my friends are working with me on a whole new level, this is a whole new game," declares Yugi2. He draws a winning card: the "Mystic Box" which frees his "magician," who mystically appears with his wand. Next, he draws "Brain Control" and casts a powerful spell. "How does it feel, Pegasus," he taunts his foe, "to have the tables turned and then to have the magical powers of mind control used against you?"

It's Pegasus's turn, but he passes. Yugi draws again. "It's a ritual card.... Dark magic ritual and to invoke its great powers I must make a double offering." He sacrifices two of Pegasus' powerful monsters and shouts triumphantly, "The offering has been accepted. A new power is brought forth.... The magician of Black chaos.... I will avenge my fallen friend."

I am persuaded....that niether power or principality can harm us....if we be in god. As a kid...I loved dragons and and army men....and crash up derby....its not good to fight dragons....its not good to fight warfully....and its not good to intentionally crash your car......I turned out jest fine.....looking back...those were cool toys.

I don't know any thing about programming or the like..I do know that messing with evil is messing with evil..there is no grey area from God regarding it..

Even in the book of Revelations those who are involved in worshipping other gods, magic arts and others will damn a person to hell..

If you are intent on being involved in things that have to do with magic so be it. I can't stop you. But I can tell you that our imaginations can be very dark at times and dark is NOT of God.

Have a good day sir, and God Bless

Hmm, I tried explaining it well enough. My point was that, if we changed the names of certain parts of programming it becomes just as "evil" as Yu-Gi-Oh cards. If computer's can be made "evil" to your standards just by changing the names of 3 basic things that all computers do, then perhaps you should redraw the lines on where something's evil. Just because it's called a spell doesn't make it a spell. Just because it's called the dark world and you summon creatures from it doesn't mean you're actually summoning demons from hell.

Here's a better example you might understand. I'm going to start calling gas station attendants "Withces", the pumps are "Portals into a dark world", gasoline is "Demons" and the buttons that control the pump are "Spells."

Tomorrow I'm going to visit a witch, give him some money, cast some spells, and sumon demons from a dark world and put them into my car. Does this now make filling up on gas an evil thing? If not, what makes Yu-Gi-Oh cards any more evil? If so, perhaps you shouldn't fill up on gas anymore?

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

"lol hahah wow I R 1337"

Hmm how about this -

:o

You either are a young kid who collects this cards and play with them, or are straight up atheist.

The fact that you come here and say this in my interpretation sounds like you are just mocking people.

I've seen this card, even played with them and yes they are satanist, the images used, the monsters and how they look, are not ssomething to joke about.

Also you said about christmas carol, just because it has that title it doesn't mean it's christian, it was made by a man, also does it ever says in the Bile about christmas?Nope right? So don't use christmas as an argument since christmas isn't prooven to be christian.

BTW yes most of us watched the Wizard of Oz, does this mean it was good and clean?No.

Please give more depth to your arguments since I am finding them too flat and rather in Hypocryte way.

Wishes and Prayers, Cell.

"lol hahah wow I R 1337"

Hmm how about this -

:emot-hug:

You either are a young kid who collects this cards and play with them, or are straight up atheist.

The fact that you come here and say this in my interpretation sounds like you are just mocking people.

I don't play with the cards, I'm 24 and I've been christian my whole life. Although I am being sarcastic to mock those who think the cards are the images of demons, at least you got that one right :-)

I've seen this card, even played with them and yes they are satanist, the images used, the monsters and how they look, are not ssomething to joke about.

Also you said about christmas carol, just because it has that title it doesn't mean it's christian, it was made by a man, also does it ever says in the Bile about christmas?Nope right? So don't use christmas as an argument since christmas isn't prooven to be christian.

BTW yes most of us watched the Wizard of Oz, does this mean it was good and clean?No.

Please give more depth to your arguments since I am finding them too flat and rather in Hypocryte way.

What exactly is a satanist image? If the platypus never existed, and I drew one, would that be a satanist image? Or does it have to look more evil? What exactly does evil look like? Hitler is evil, but what about a guy that looks like hitler? Is that guy also evil? Can't demons take any form? And if they can, doesn't that mean that it could take the form of Jesus? If it could take the form of Jesus, and you painted the demon (looking just like Jesus) would that then be a satanist image? Would that make all paintings of jesus satanist or just that one? How can you tell which ones were demons then?

The argument with "A Christmas Carol" wasn't christmas, it actually had NOTHING to do with christmas. It had to do with me being 100% certain that no one would ever tell their child "You can't watch "A Christmas Carol" it's a satanic movie." The same thing with Wizard of Oz. I think the hypocricy is in allowing a child to watch a movie with witches, ghosts, and spells, yet the child can't play a simple card game.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

"lol hahah wow I R 1337"

Hmm how about this -

:emot-hug:

I don't play with the cards, I'm 24 and I've been christian my whole life. Although I am being sarcastic to mock those who think the cards are the images of demons, at least you got that one right :-)

What exactly is a satanist image? If the platypus never existed, and I drew one, would that be a satanist image? Or does it have to look more evil? What exactly does evil look like? Hitler is evil, but what about a guy that looks like hitler? Is that guy also evil? Can't demons take any form? And if they can, doesn't that mean that it could take the form of Jesus? If it could take the form of Jesus, and you painted the demon (looking just like Jesus) would that then be a satanist image? Would that make all paintings of jesus satanist or just that one? How can you tell which ones were demons then?

The argument with "A Christmas Carol" wasn't christmas, it actually had NOTHING to do with christmas. It had to do with me being 100% certain that no one would ever tell their child "You can't watch "A Christmas Carol" it's a satanic movie." The same thing with Wizard of Oz. I think the hypocricy is in allowing a child to watch a movie with witches, ghosts, and spells, yet the child can't play a simple card game.

I would tell them not to watch it...

What I mean, if something is evil, simply don't watch it, doesn't matter if your saw it your whole life and because you know it's bad you shouldn't continue watching or doing it.

Basically anyone could say, I was not a christian all my life, but since I've spent all of it without being a christian, why should I stop my atheism and start with christianity?