jamie

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I have given example and it was given earlier before you became a member here. The reasoning is in that post and it is also written in scripture that was posted previously..read it.

Well I believe I found the post you were referring to, and the scripture speaks of following false prophets, but it says nothing of playing a card game, but I'll address your points below.

All of your reasoning points to one thing sir and that is you simply have disregard for this thread the people in it and our feelings and positions..you have done nothing to strengthen your views and give me any reason to believe that I am wrong...a foothold is a foothold, vessels of transmission are anything that can be carried to another person thru an animate or inanimate objest. If you don't believe it fine..read my post above this and take it as you will.....

Actually I respect everyone's feelings and opinions. I pick apart posts I disagree with, I post counterpoints to anything I feel is wrong. I spend lots of time looking up information and reading scripture to help me back up my point. I'm also not the only one on this forum with my view, I do seem to be the one who is most vocal about it though. If there was some evidence that proved I was wrong (some scripture that mentioned fictional witchcraft) then I'd

I hope that the barriers you have put up will disolve and that your professed love and knowledge of God will have the ability to shine through. I will pray this prayer for you sir, God Speed.

I'll be praying for you to see that god has no desire for you to reject these works of fantasy.

If anyone is posting comments that are saying nothing is wrong with playing this game and calling themselves a christian..........they are either a new christian, ignorant, rebellious, being used of the devil or a witch who is trying to sway parts of the body to learn about witchcraft.

I say that comment with love and no bitterness whatsoever.

How do you get monsters onto the playing field? Answer: You must summon them from the dark world.

In many dark religions and in witchcraft, to be more powerful you must learn how to summons a demon to do your bidding. However witches don't call them demons in public. They are sometimes called angels, light bringers, ect.... the witch is called knowledge seeker and some believe they can use this knowledge to better mankind.

Yu Gi Oh is a slim surface of witchcraft but is one of many things to open doors of the occult. One of the things witches use to get people involved is certian key words like....open minded, closed minded, narrow minded..........also enlightenment.

Jesus said in Mat 7:13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat.

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

Here is a site where players of the game reveiw their cards. I do not endorse this site.

click here

In his love,

Brian

I stand in total agreement with Brian and say amen to the scripture he searched and quoted in order to help soften the hearts and lift the blinders off of anyones eyes who may possibly consider that messing with any form of witchcraft, wizardry, reading of cards, fortune telling...the list goes on and on.

First of all we as God's children are in no way shape or form to entertain any part of the dark side of spirituality. Regardless of how old we are. We are all still vulnerable to satanic attacks because satan always looks for a way to sneak in to our unsuspecting minds. The is why Jesus called him the Deceiver.

Now lets just take a look at Egypt and what it was up to around the time of Moses and the Jewish people. Was not that around 5000 years ago or so? And what did the Lord tell Moses to do with the staff He had given to Moses? He told Moses to drop the staff on the ground and it will turn into a serpant. He also told Moses that Pharoah's heart would be hardened and he would not let the people go. What was Pharoah's response to Moses? He summoned wise men and sorcerers, and the Egyptian magicians also did the same things by their secret arts EX 7:2-11. And what occured when the magicians staff turned into a snake? The staff of the Lord ate the staff of the magician. That alone should tell people that Satan has the ability to perform signs and wonders similar to our Father. However, Satan is not as powerfull as the Almighty and will always lose the battle.

There is a single truth I go by in order to differentiate between what I believe is that if it doesn't come from God it comes from satan. If Pharoah's magician performed the same "trick" as Moses and lost then Pharoah's magician was practicing an art that only could come from satan.

1 Timothy 4:1 The Spriti clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spritis and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whos chonsciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

Further into the chapter he tells us not to give satan a strong hold into our lives. This means in all shapes, forms, and sizes.

Please if you are Christian and believe whole heartedly that the Word is the truth. Then remove the lie that satan has planted in your minds that Yu Gi Oh and any other form of magical wonders are okay. They are not, they are death.

God be with you all.

Jackie :thumbsup:

I believe this is the post you were referring to? You compare playing Yu Gi Oh to Pharoah's priests summoning a serpent. I see one flaw in that argument, the priests actually summoned a serpent. Kids who play Yu Gi Oh have not, and will never, summon a Blue Eyes White Dragon or any other creatures printed on the cards. They will never do that because the game isn't real. You aren't really casting spells, you aren't really worshiping any dark lord (although there isn't a dark lord I know of to worship in Yu Gi Oh.) The instructions don't say "Give your soul to satan and sacrifice one lamb to summon this creature." It'll say something like "Put down this card and then you can put down that card." Yu Gi Oh is as satanic as a game of dominos.

This isn't a form of magical wonder, this is a form of cards based on a physical ruleset. There is nothing supernatural going on during the game. You aren't meditating before putting down a card. Things like tarot cards and ouiji boards rely on getting power from a source outside of god, but even these things are fake and never work (I repeat, NEVER WORK.) The problem with ouiji boards and tarot cards is that you're praying to satan for the power for these items to work. Satan never answers the prayer (otherwise these items would actually work) and you've still turned your back on god. Like any other game (monopoly, chess, go), Yu Gi Oh cards just go by the games rules, and not some supernatural source.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

yu-gi-oh is a game. it is just a game!!!! Seriously!!!! No one is gonna sell their soul to satan because they play a game. A game is for fun. Summoned skull is awesome. So is spell binding circle. The worst thing that can happen playing that game is if kids get a paper cut

So is Dungons and Drangons So is oijia board I would immgine right.

Please explain all the suicides that fallow the playing of these games.

Oh and let us not forget 1st Thes 5:21.

There is much more that can be said about this there is verses that indicate we should only think on things that edify God and a few others. Listen friend I dont like fighting or sounding like I am starting one, but I have 2 small children that are in the hands of a God hater. And if they were playing that game or anyother that was simular I am depending on people out in this world like you who might be in thier life when I cant be to show them the light of Yaweh when I cant I would hope that you would stand for thier sakes against things that are wrong and say something as thier very salvation may hang on the words of someone just like you.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Perhaps I didn't explain it clearly, I had turned on the television and went into the bathroom, I was not watching the show only listening. When I came into the room where the TV is I saw what was showing and turned it..I was NOT and never DO watch that channel or garbage such as that. My niece who is 8 had it on that channel earlier in the evening and when she left the room she didn't change it from the channel she had been watching..believe me it was purely accidental that I saw that. And scripture wouldnt' tell us what shows we could and could not watch there was no television..please.

It's irrelevant why the TV was on that channel, but you are telling people "Don't watch this it's evil." You haven't once described why it would give satan any kind of foothold in our lives. Also, didn't you ask me to find references in the scripture that said books like "Harry Potter" were ok?

And sir I never told anyone not to watch, I simply warned that giving satan a foothold into our lives in this manner is dangerous. I mean after all, it appears you, yourself have been deceived and look at the rantings and justification you have put forth.

Ok so you're warning us not to watch these shows because they give satan a foothold in our lives. I disagree with you though, I don't believe it gives satan a foothold. I reject satan as much as I ever did and I watch Adult Swim, I read Lord of the Rings, I enjoy violent movies. I don't enjoy real violence, I don't swear (although I am not against other people swearing, I don't care if they do, I do not think any differently about that person, it's just words and only society makes them swear words, not god), I don't practice witchcraft, I don't do drugs, I don't fornicate. I don't understand how you can say that satan has a strong foothold in my life when he so obviously doesn't.

I simply say things because I care. Don't worry sir, I won't bring it up again. You do what ever you want to it makes no difference to me at this point..

God Bless, Mr. Dole

I also care. I care when someone shuts out some of mankind's finest literature (Lord of the Rings is an amazing story, as well as Harry Potter) because they fear it may lead satan into their lives. As long as you are strong willed satan will not have influence on you. When someone warns me to stay away from Harry Potter, or that they themselves stay away I think to myself "That person's conviction's must be weak if they feel satan can influence them just by them reading a work of fiction." If your convictions are strong enough there is nothing satan can do that can convince you otherwise. Reading or watching "The DaVinci Code" won't plant seeds of doubt in your mind if you know in your heart that what the bible tells you is true.

Everyone seems to be ignoring my main question -

Do you believe "The Wizard of Oz", "A Christmas Carol", all of the Disney princess movies ("Aladdin", "Cinderella", "Beauty and the Beast"), "Monster's Inc.", "The Lion King", "The Sword in the Stone" are all evil? I just would like one answer, yes or no, I already know why they're considered evil so I don't want an explanation, just a yes or a no. It's a yes or a no to all of the movies not just a certain one.

Yes, specially disney, A christmas carol might be the only one I would watch but rather prefer not to, but no way do I watch any disney movies, not even the one's with people just because I know a lot of stories about disney.

Now refer to the below quote.

Hmm well I can't ague with Disney being evil based on stuff they've done, but I would not base that on the content in their stories. Although Microsoft is just as evil (if not more) than Disney, yet I bet most people on this forum are using Microsoft Windows on their computers. Microsoft has actually had satanic references in some of their products. How many of those people using Microsoft products on this form will say that they are evil themselves?

Can inanimate objects even be evil?

I say, no.

They in and of themselves are not evil, though they can be vehicles for such. What is a temptation for one person is not necessarily interesting to another, much less a temptation. People talk about gun violence but we have to remember that people shoot those guns. A gun in my home would not be a temptation to gang or regular gun violence, because I'm just not that kinda gal. Neither would a sword be or a knife. And I have used "Crystals" to make wind chimes. they are pretty and mean nothing to me. I'm not channeling anything or attempting to change anything with them, just making a decoration for the window.

Paul talked about meat sacrificed to Idols. It was meat used to worship pagan gods, then distributed for whoever bought it to eat. Christians went to pagan homes for dinner and were wondering if they should eat it or not. Was it evil? Paul said to eat what was served and leave it at that. In another place he said to not eat meat if it would cause a brother to stumble. This teaches that the meat itself, even if it had an evil use originally, was just a peice of meat. It was the meaning given to it by the people using it that made it evil. Like the guns.

There is no demon in a bottle of beer, but alot of people use it get drunk. Medicinal plants were put on earth for us to use for medicinal purposes and people use them instead to create an "unsober" mind or altered state of consciousness. The problem isn't the plants, the beer, the meat, it's the people USING it.

I have a mind very much fascinated by the mystical. I don't believe it is wrong, per se, if used to ponder the mystery of the uncomprehensibility of God. But if not reigned in properly it becomes one and I was drawn into the occult when I was younger. Things which affected me in that way (like Isis cartoons) had no affect on my sister whatsoever. She thought the show was cheesy and didn't care about ancient egypt or their religion. For some reason I did. Had my parents been aware of what was going on, they might have forbid us to watch that stuff because it was a stumbling block to ME. If I'd been like my sister, they would have just left us alone. Isis cartoons were meat sacrificed to Idols.

My older son was very much like me. I kept him sheltered from any references to the occult, outright or latent, until he was about 11 or 12. During that time I filled his head with alot of really solid theology and gradually over time I slowly started introducing things to him to see how he reacted. Like superheroes. I made sure that they were, in the beginning at least, not using eastern concepts (like chi) or getting their powers from other beings or forces...Thus XMen, batman and spiderman were all ok cause they were supposedly mutations and the power rangers were not (he was a boy so that was less of a problem anyway). When he was 12 the family we were visiting watched the Wizard of Oz. We get to the good witch. He says "there is no such thing as a good witch. They may be nice, but their magic comes from demons" I knew he understood the truth I'd been filling him with all those years. I've watched him, he's a very strong christian. He debunked the Davinci code to all his friends after we watched the whole history of the thing on tv (I never read the book so had no idea what the big deal was). I didn't have to tell him what was wrong with it, he knew right off...

My younger son got exposed to some things in a christian run daycare that I had not introduced his brother to at that age. I was no longer a stay at home mom due to a divorce and had to place him somewhere, that was the best option I had. I sat down to talk to him about it, he looked at me really funny and said "MOM, thats just a dopey story." he isn't even INTERESTED in magical thinking. He could care less. His sins run along the line of sloth and having a temper. I have trouble getting him to think about the more mystical elements of scripture. He's really concrete "do this, don't do that" and I fear he will become either a legalist or a pragmatist (he's now 12, the older boy is 16).

Now I would not cause one child to stumble to give the other freedom, but at the same time, I think we need to remember that one person's temptation is anothers ... nothing. The whole concept behind the game YuGiOh is foreign to Christianity because it is eastern. Because of the obviously eastern/oriental themes, it may be a problem for some kids whose minds run along that line who like to find mystical meanings and what not. It might not be a problem for others. To me, its the same thing as meat sacrificed to idols. It might have come from the world, but it has no power in and of itself. If it causes sin, magical thinking or an overreaching imagination, yank the stuff. If not, worry about the post modern world view in schools, that's even more of a threat because they will GET those concepts while any religious references in Yugi will fly over the heads of most people.

I agree with you about the cartoonsand alcohol and all rather being used as a vehicle for evil.

Here's a story about something that happened 5 days or so ago.

A 10 year old kid beated he's 7 or so months old brother to death.

The kid was as cold as a cold blooded killer when they were interviewing him, they asked him,'' do you feel sorry?''he answered "no"

Then they asked him " what were you watching before you killed him'' he answered" Jackie Chan Adventures((the animated cartoons) .

He then said that he felt like the devil got in him or something.

So are you trying to say that the cartoon let satan into this child and that's why he beat his brother to death? I can't seem to find anything on google relating to this story either (I believe that it's possible it could of happened but I'd like to read the full story as it was reported.) I believe it's more coincidance than anything especially when you consider the amount of children that watch "Jackie Chan Adventures" and the amount of children that beat their little brother's to death right after watching "Jackie Chan Adventures." What if a drunk driver killed someone and I asked him "What was the last show you watched on TV?" and he said "The world cup was on TV in the bar", should I then conclude that the world cup causes drunk driving?

And are you trying to blame the violence in the show, or the magic and sorcery?

Edited by Bob Dole

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/11/1975

I say, no.

Can inanimate objects be evil. Answer above no

Uh what about the pentigram?

I would like to tell you something of a more personal nature.

tell me I am wrong you have had very little contact with satanic things is that correct?

The reason I ask this is I am the oposite I have spent so much time around evil things (like mind control) that I have learned that there is a devil he is real and he wants 2 things in this world all the soles he can get for a start (as if that is not enough) he wants to elliminate believers testimony to others kinda like this

"the devil isn't real and even if he was what would he want with me anyway?"

the answer to that is simple yet long. so here is a shorter version of it think of your name How many people share your name? If they all felt the same way as you would that many people be worth the devils time. I believe it would. Can a in inanamit object contain evil lets ask this can a inanimate object cary good the bible says so was there not some scripture that states pauls hanke's were used for healing. Personaly I dont understand that. I dont suport the selling of hanke's to people for blessing. But what ever God did with Paul was real or else it would not have made it into the bible. So if good can be in a object then we can assume that satan will imitate it and do something as well

They in and of themselves are not evil, though they can be vehicles for such. What is a temptation for one person is not necessarily interesting to another, much less a temptation. People talk about gun violence but we have to remember that people shoot those guns. A gun in my home would not be a temptation to gang or regular gun violence, because I'm just not that kinda gal. Neither would a sword be or a knife. And I have used "Crystals" to make wind chimes. they are pretty and mean nothing to me. I'm not channeling anything or attempting to change anything with them, just making a decoration for the window.

Paul talked about meat sacrificed to Idols. It was meat used to worship pagan gods, then distributed for whoever bought it to eat. Christians went to pagan homes for dinner and were wondering if they should eat it or not. Was it evil? Paul said to eat what was served and leave it at that. In another place he said to not eat meat if it would cause a brother to stumble. This teaches that the meat itself, even if it had an evil use originally, was just a peice of meat. It was the meaning given to it by the people using it that made it evil. Like the guns.

Now I would not cause one child to stumble to give the other freedom, but at the same time, I think we need to remember that one person's temptation is anothers ... nothing. The whole concept behind the game YuGiOh is foreign to Christianity because it is eastern. Because of the obviously eastern/oriental themes, it may be a problem for some kids whose minds run along that line who like to find mystical meanings and what not. It might not be a problem for others. To me, its the same thing as meat sacrificed to idols. It might have come from the world, but it has no power in and of itself. If it causes sin, magical thinking or an overreaching imagination, yank the stuff. If not, worry about the post modern world view in schools, that's even more of a threat because they will GET those concepts while any religious references in Yugi will fly over the heads of most people.

I agree with you about the cartoonsand alcohol and all rather being used as a vehicle for evil.

The kid was as cold as a cold blooded killer when they were interviewing him, they asked him,'' do you feel sorry?''he answered "no"

Then they asked him " what were you watching before you killed him'' he answered" Jackie Chan Adventures((the animated cartoons) .

When I said that inanimate objects can be vehicles for evil I did not mean that they CAUSE us to sin. I meant that they can be means of temptation in a time of weakness, which is very different.

That show did not cause that child to act the way he did, he chose to do it. He probably didn't think his brother would die but he still chose to be violent. We want to blame the show because we don't want to see the elements of human depravity in children so young. We like to see children as innocent and cute. Well they are sinners just like the rest of us. I can't say if he was possessed or if he just said that because wanted to get out of trouble.

However using this sort of reasoning to condemn something which has no will (tv shows don't think) over a being which does (the person doing the dead) leads us to not take responsibility for our selves and the states of our own souls. It also wants to let the unregenerate "off the hook" in regards to why they sin. Nobody wants to see the state of the soul for what it is, even Christians. (My experience has been Christians are worse avoiding this than pagans, but your mileage may vary)

The fact still remains that If I go out and shoot someone after watching RAMBO, it's not the movie's fault, it's mine. Even if that movie was "the last straw" or the "stumbling block" that I failed to negotiate before I fell flat on my face...it is still very much my decision to ALLOW that sort of thing to affect me and I made the decision to sin.

Unfortunately, society is too quick to accept such answers from people. I remember when I was a young adult Dad telling me that someone got arrested for committing a crime, he blamed it on a fruit cake which had had an inordinate amount of alcohol in it. Supposing that the alcohol remained in the fruitcake during cooking, why didn't everyone who ate it go out and commit a crime? Because only that one person wanted to. Why didn't all kids who watched the Chan cartoons go out and beat someone? Because they didn't want to.

The bible says our natures are evil. Culture's art is a reflection of that in varying degrees, even when it is attempting to show our great spirit and be positive... No art, not mater how base, is responsible for the depravity of mankind. It's our nature and every time we act on it, we are responsible because we decided to do it. "WHY" is unimportant, it's not the temptation's fault, it's the sinners each and every time a sin is committed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

yu-gi-oh is a game. it is just a game!!!! Seriously!!!! No one is gonna sell their soul to satan because they play a game. A game is for fun. Summoned skull is awesome. So is spell binding circle. The worst thing that can happen playing that game is if kids get a paper cut

So is Dungons and Drangons So is oijia board I would immgine right.

Please explain all the suicides that fallow the playing of these games.

Oh and let us not forget 1st Thes 5:21.

There is much more that can be said about this there is verses that indicate we should only think on things that edify God and a few others. Listen friend I dont like fighting or sounding like I am starting one, but I have 2 small children that are in the hands of a God hater. And if they were playing that game or anyother that was simular I am depending on people out in this world like you who might be in thier life when I cant be to show them the light of Yaweh when I cant I would hope that you would stand for thier sakes against things that are wrong and say something as thier very salvation may hang on the words of someone just like you.

As a former witch...D and D is about as close to a ouija board as a garage is to a church...

A Ouija board is a conjuring medium (and one of the most dangerous out there, I don't feel I should get into why right now) which some people tend to think is a game

and D and D is a fantasy game.

Not to say that nobody ever took D and D too seriously, apparently some people do. But then again, people have tried to fly, jumped on the hoods of cars and various other nonsense after watching superhero television shows. In those cases it's the people who couldn't handle reality and tried to escape into a fantasy world who end up hurt...but it's a mindset thing, and not an inherent problem with the game.

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Perhaps I didn't explain it clearly, I had turned on the television and went into the bathroom, I was not watching the show only listening. When I came into the room where the TV is I saw what was showing and turned it..I was NOT and never DO watch that channel or garbage such as that. My niece who is 8 had it on that channel earlier in the evening and when she left the room she didn't change it from the channel she had been watching..believe me it was purely accidental that I saw that. And scripture wouldnt' tell us what shows we could and could not watch there was no television..please.

It's irrelevant why the TV was on that channel, but you are telling people "Don't watch this it's evil." You haven't once described why it would give satan any kind of foothold in our lives. Also, didn't you ask me to find references in the scripture that said books like "Harry Potter" were ok?

And sir I never told anyone not to watch, I simply warned that giving satan a foothold into our lives in this manner is dangerous. I mean after all, it appears you, yourself have been deceived and look at the rantings and justification you have put forth.

Ok so you're warning us not to watch these shows because they give satan a foothold in our lives. I disagree with you though, I don't believe it gives satan a foothold. I reject satan as much as I ever did and I watch Adult Swim, I read Lord of the Rings, I enjoy violent movies. I don't enjoy real violence, I don't swear (although I am not against other people swearing, I don't care if they do, I do not think any differently about that person, it's just words and only society makes them swear words, not god), I don't practice witchcraft, I don't do drugs, I don't fornicate. I don't understand how you can say that satan has a strong foothold in my life when he so obviously doesn't.

I simply say things because I care. Don't worry sir, I won't bring it up again. You do what ever you want to it makes no difference to me at this point..

God Bless, Mr. Dole

I also care. I care when someone shuts out some of mankind's finest literature (Lord of the Rings is an amazing story, as well as Harry Potter) because they fear it may lead satan into their lives. As long as you are strong willed satan will not have influence on you. When someone warns me to stay away from Harry Potter, or that they themselves stay away I think to myself "That person's conviction's must be weak if they feel satan can influence them just by them reading a work of fiction." If your convictions are strong enough there is nothing satan can do that can convince you otherwise. Reading or watching "The DaVinci Code" won't plant seeds of doubt in your mind if you know in your heart that what the bible tells you is true.

Everyone seems to be ignoring my main question -

Do you believe "The Wizard of Oz", "A Christmas Carol", all of the Disney princess movies ("Aladdin", "Cinderella", "Beauty and the Beast"), "Monster's Inc.", "The Lion King", "The Sword in the Stone" are all evil? I just would like one answer, yes or no, I already know why they're considered evil so I don't want an explanation, just a yes or a no. It's a yes or a no to all of the movies not just a certain one.

Yes, specially disney, A christmas carol might be the only one I would watch but rather prefer not to, but no way do I watch any disney movies, not even the one's with people just because I know a lot of stories about disney.

Now refer to the below quote.

Hmm well I can't ague with Disney being evil based on stuff they've done, but I would not base that on the content in their stories. Although Microsoft is just as evil (if not more) than Disney, yet I bet most people on this forum are using Microsoft Windows on their computers. Microsoft has actually had satanic references in some of their products. How many of those people using Microsoft products on this form will say that they are evil themselves?

I say, no.

There is no demon in a bottle of beer, but alot of people use it get drunk. Medicinal plants were put on earth for us to use for medicinal purposes and people use them instead to create an "unsober" mind or altered state of consciousness. The problem isn't the plants, the beer, the meat, it's the people USING it.

I have a mind very much fascinated by the mystical. I don't believe it is wrong, per se, if used to ponder the mystery of the uncomprehensibility of God. But if not reigned in properly it becomes one and I was drawn into the occult when I was younger. Things which affected me in that way (like Isis cartoons) had no affect on my sister whatsoever. She thought the show was cheesy and didn't care about ancient egypt or their religion. For some reason I did. Had my parents been aware of what was going on, they might have forbid us to watch that stuff because it was a stumbling block to ME. If I'd been like my sister, they would have just left us alone. Isis cartoons were meat sacrificed to Idols.

My older son was very much like me. I kept him sheltered from any references to the occult, outright or latent, until he was about 11 or 12. During that time I filled his head with alot of really solid theology and gradually over time I slowly started introducing things to him to see how he reacted. Like superheroes. I made sure that they were, in the beginning at least, not using eastern concepts (like chi) or getting their powers from other beings or forces...Thus XMen, batman and spiderman were all ok cause they were supposedly mutations and the power rangers were not (he was a boy so that was less of a problem anyway). When he was 12 the family we were visiting watched the Wizard of Oz. We get to the good witch. He says "there is no such thing as a good witch. They may be nice, but their magic comes from demons" I knew he understood the truth I'd been filling him with all those years. I've watched him, he's a very strong christian. He debunked the Davinci code to all his friends after we watched the whole history of the thing on tv (I never read the book so had no idea what the big deal was). I didn't have to tell him what was wrong with it, he knew right off...

My younger son got exposed to some things in a christian run daycare that I had not introduced his brother to at that age. I was no longer a stay at home mom due to a divorce and had to place him somewhere, that was the best option I had. I sat down to talk to him about it, he looked at me really funny and said "MOM, thats just a dopey story." he isn't even INTERESTED in magical thinking. He could care less. His sins run along the line of sloth and having a temper. I have trouble getting him to think about the more mystical elements of scripture. He's really concrete "do this, don't do that" and I fear he will become either a legalist or a pragmatist (he's now 12, the older boy is 16).

So are you trying to say that the cartoon let satan into this child and that's why he beat his brother to death? I can't seem to find anything on google relating to this story either (I believe that it's possible it could of happened but I'd like to read the full story as it was reported.) I believe it's more coincidance than anything especially when you consider the amount of children that watch "Jackie Chan Adventures" and the amount of children that beat their little brother's to death right after watching "Jackie Chan Adventures." What if a drunk driver killed someone and I asked him "What was the last show you watched on TV?" and he said "The world cup was on TV in the bar", should I then conclude that the world cup causes drunk driving?

And are you trying to blame the violence in the show, or the magic and sorcery?

To first comment, I have windows and Linux if it makes you feel better...

I am trying to blame the magic and sorcery and the constant dragon figures used in the show.

I would like to point out I don't want to argue with you anymore, you are too close minded, and rather dunno how exactly you stand with God, I know you are christian, but I do not know how serius you take it the way you speak in many messeges.

Blessings, Cell.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  07/29/1975

does God want us to live a boring life? No way! God gives us joy through times of work and rest (Ecclesiastes 5:19; Matthew 11:28-29; Colossians 3:23-24). You must find that balance between labor and recreation. When you do set aside time for relaxation as Jesus did (Mark 6:31), choose an edifying activity. The question is not