antiaging

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The bible contains plain statements that plainly mean what they say, and no interpretation is necessary. The bible also contains some statements that are not plain, and you need to interpret the meaning to understand what is said.

The bible does not contradict itself, when properly understood.

Whenever an interpretation contradicts a plain statement, then that interpretation is false, and another interpretation must be found.

There are 3 plain statements that say plainly that the rapture is after the tribulation period and at the end of the age.

There are no plain statements that say that the rapture is before the tribulation period.

A plain statement showing that the rapture happens at the resurection of the righteous dead;

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

A plain statement that the resurection is at the last day, so the rapture must be at the last day of the age: (The person saying that didn't know anything about the 1000 year reign and meant the end of the present age.)

John 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Plain statement showing the resurection at the last trumpet.

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

There is no last trumpet before the tribulation period. The last trumpet is the 7th trumpet in revelation which happens after the 6th at the end of the tribulation period. (seals, vials, and trumpets go all the way to the end of the tribulation period from the context of what is said.)

Plain statement showing the rapture is after the tribulation period:

Matthew 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Matthew 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

There are NO plain statements saying that the rapture is before the tribulation period. There are only misinterpretations of some scriptures used to support that view.

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

The one in 2 Thessalonians is not referring to the rapture at all. It is referring to the falling away from the faith (apostacy) that is supposed to happen before antichrist is revealed.--Taken out of the way, in the apostacy. [That apostacy has already happened with the ecumenical movement pulling church leaderships under the control of the vatican, and the true gospel not being preached and fake bibles that have the words changed being widely accepted.]

They try to force an interpretation saying it refers to the rapture based on some vague idea that the church is a restraining force and must be raptured out; but it is not a plain statement. It must be a false interpretation because it contradicts the 3 plain statements that the rapture is post tribulation and at the resurection which is also post tribulation.

Show me a plain statement saying the rapture is pre tribulation. You cannot because there isn't any. The pre trib rapture is based only on bad interpretations of harder to understand scriptures and someone's ideas about this or that. There are no plain statements saying it.

The idea that the church is a restraining force against the antichrist also contradicts a plain statement that the antichrist will scatter the power of the church before Jesus comes back. So, that is a false idea.

Daniel 12:7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

The only people that will be holy at the time of the end are the real Christians.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Yes, excellent post.

I believe God's Word covers the fact that many are going to fall away from that Truth about the timing of Christ's second coming. But the reason why those are ordained to that is not clear. Per Paul in Romans 11, the election obtained grace but the rest of Israel were blinded with God giving them the "spirit of slumber" (lethargic stupor per the Greek). Paul says this happened to Israel so Salvation could go to the Gentiles. But what we see today is many Gentile believers in that spirit of slumber too, and not just non-believing Israelites.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I remember being taught that there is a "last trump" and there is a "last trumpet". Both are two different meanings and events. If one is clear on those, then you may have your answer regarding the catching away of the Church.

I remember being taught that there is a "last trump" and there is a "last trumpet". Both are two different meanings and events. If one is clear on those, then you may have your answer regarding the catching away of the Church.

So what are they?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Good post.

I agree.

:thumbsup:

Shortly He'll Return So

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest?

behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields;

for they are white already to harvest. John 4:34-34

But this I say, brethren, the time is short: 1 Corinthians 7:29(a)

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matthew 24:14

Sow To His Glory

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. Psalms 126:5-6

Maranatha!

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Revelation 22:12

:emot-hug:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith,

so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor,

and though I give my body to be burned,

and have not charity,

it profiteth me

nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Does it really matter when?

In Matthew 25, we are warned to be ready, invest what He has given us and do His will always, for He comes as a thief in the night (1 Thessalonians 5:1-3), a time which we think not.

Be ready, always!

Be Blessed,

OneLight

Does it really matter when?

I think it does, and here's why.

I don't believe there's going to be a pre-tribulation "rapture". Nothing in the Word points to that happening. To me it's all wishful thinking.

The reason I think it matters is this.

Remember the hysteria that took place down in Lakeland? The "signs and wonders" that people claimed were from God? Those were parlor tricks compared to what the Beast is going to unleash. He's going to have full access to everything satan has to offer in the realm of deception.

Many of the people who believe they will be raptured before the tribulation are going to witness this event and be taken in by the deceptions because they won't know. In their mind, the tribulation is still down the road somewhere because they're still here. Many of those people will be a part of that "strong delusion" that is mentioned in Thess.

It states in the Word that the anti-christ is not only going to claim that he is god, he is going to "show" that he is god. How many believers do you think will fall for that deception if they're not looking for it? They're not going to be watching because they are taught that they will be long gone before this happens.

Another reason I believe it matters is, what's going to happen to the people who aren't prepared for the wrath to come? I don't believe that the true believers will be touched by that wrath, but what about those who aren't ready for it? What will happen to the people who were taught that they won't be here when all the bad stuff starts to happen?

I really think it matters. Not just because of what I've already said, but because there's nothing in the Word that supports the "pre-trib" rapture theory. And if there's no biblical support for it, that makes it a false doctrine. People are being taught a lie. False doctrine is false doctrine, no matter how we try to color it, if there is nothing in the Word to support it, then it is a lie.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I think it does, and here's why.

I don't believe there's going to be a pre-tribulation "rapture". Nothing in the Word points to that happening. To me it's all wishful thinking.

The reason I think it matters is this.

Remember the hysteria that took place down in Lakeland? The "signs and wonders" that people claimed were from God? Those were parlor tricks compared to what the Beast is going to unleash. He's going to have full access to everything satan has to offer in the realm of deception.

Many of the people who believe they will be raptured before the tribulation are going to witness this event and be taken in by the deceptions because they won't know. In their mind, the tribulation is still down the road somewhere because they're still here. Many of those people will be a part of that "strong delusion" that is mentioned in Thess.

It states in the Word that the anti-christ is not only going to claim that he is god, he is going to "show" that he is god. How many believers do you think will fall for that deception if they're not looking for it? They're not going to be watching because they are taught that they will be long gone before this happens.

Another reason I believe it matters is, what's going to happen to the people who aren't prepared for the wrath to come? I don't believe that the true believers will be touched by that wrath, but what about those who aren't ready for it? What will happen to the people who were taught that they won't be here when all the bad stuff starts to happen?

I really think it matters. Not just because of what I've already said, but because there's nothing in the Word that supports the "pre-trib" rapture theory. And if there's no biblical support for it, that makes it a false doctrine. People are being taught a lie. False doctrine is false doctrine, no matter how we try to color it, if there is nothing in the Word to support it, then it is a lie.

That's refreshing and well said.

Wouldn't it really be a 'big show' if that Beast turned out to be Satan on earth in the last days? (Rev.13:11 and Rev.12:9 about the "dragon" actually does show it will be the devil himself doing those great signs and wonders on earth in the sight of men).

Many will worship that 'dragon' in place of God in the last days, thinking he is God. Only when Christ returns will those finally understand who they've fallen away to in false worship. That's why many will cry for the mountains and rocks to fall on them because of how they were deceived by that false one.