IGNORED

Is G-d a racist?

traveller

Does anyone know why Jesus told the Caananite woman that He was only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel and called her a dog, not fit to eat the children's bread, or something like that.

Xan,

Hard as it may seem, Gentiles were considered "unclean". Yeshua's mission was only to the Jews before His death and ressurection.

Judaism has always held that there is a place in the world to come for righteous Gentiles. The woman whom Yeshua called a dog was in no way offended by the statement, but understood that His mission was not focused on Gentiles, but the Jews.

I think that in a way, Yeshua used this example to show what the focus of His ministry for that time and place was.

The Cannanite woman understood her role and place at this time, but still made a statement of faith and put her trust in Yeshua's ability to heal her daughter.

In this way, I believe the healing was just a crumb to what was going to happen when G-d opened the way for Gentiles to be made a part of the Commonwealth of Israel by adoption and faith in the Jewish Messiah.

Disclaimer: The above is personal opinion and really not studied in depth, so pray about it to see if it falls in line with Torah.

Hope that helps?

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I wish to develop a line of thinking to help clarify the above statements using the Word of God.

Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children

That's funny.  I have said all you two have said, and the person asking me the question still doesn't get it.  Maybe those are the answers.  I have no problem with them.  I just don't know how to convey that to someone very close to me.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest EPHRIAM777
Quote: from Xan on 5:03 pm on Feb. 25, 2002

Does anyone know why Jesus told the Caananite woman that He was only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel and called her a dog, not fit to eat the children's bread, or something like that.

:)

Eph replies...

Well of course I do..

Because they ( the lost sheep of the house of Israel )..were the ones who would take HIS message around the world..Thus fulfilling the promise made to Abraham...in GEN 22:17:18..

But XAN here's the question to those who use the word's JEW and ISRAEL..as meaning the same thing..!

When have the "Jews" taken the message of Jesus Christ around the world to be a blessing to the world..?

Answer: Never..they haven't nor do they preach him today..!

So Xan..here's the problem..."""IF""" Jesus Christ is who he said he is (the only son of God..the Messiah)..Then the Jews should be telling that to the entire world..and actually BE the ones who are a blessing to the world as God said..!

If their not doing that..""BUT"" they are still a blessing to the world as foretold by God..Then the message they bring is right and correct and accurate..and the one about Jesus Christ being all those things MUST be wrong and a lie..!

OR...( big OR here Xan )..Israel and Jews are not "synonyms"..((words that mean the same thing))..and the message that the House of Israel descendants bring and have brought to the world is the right one..the one foretold of..One that says Jesus is Lord...That then rules out the message of Torah adherance that the Jews still keep..But of course the Jews don't preach it others..in the sence of building up the congregation..!

They basically stear people away from "conversion"..Each Rabbi is to turn away the "stranger" no less than 3 times before allowing conversion to take place..So the message is different than "Christianity's message"..

Although they claim to worship the same God..!

As Hosea says they would..!

See Hosea 1:5:7..."Israel" is not shown mercy...BUT Judah is....2 different judgements for 2 different houses and peoples....Israel will no longer be worshipping as "Judah still does"..Hosea 2:11..ALL the feasts would be done away with..and the sabbaths..new moons..ect ect !

So ISRAEL wouldn't be practicing "Judiasm" ..as the Jews have done throughout history..!

But somewhere down the road in time THEY (Israel) would be back worshipping the SAME God again..Hosea 2:23..but not like the Jews do..!

The same thing is spoken of in Jeremiah..!

JER 3:6:11...God writes a bill of divorce for Israel..but not for Judah..Israel is described as "backsliding"..verse 6...Judah being different is described with different character qualities..Judah is "treacherous" verse 7..8 and 10..

Showing that "BOTH" sisters were different..Notice in JER 3:12:16 God says again that ISRAEL or "The North" speaking of the northern 10 tribes..That they would say no more the ARK..or remember it anymore..!

So the House of the Lost Sheep of Israel..won't be practicing Judiasm..but they will be worshipping the SAME God and THEY will be the blessing to the "world" as Prophesied..!

Hmm..People preaching the same God..but not as the Jews do..Yet God says they will be HIS people and they shall (future tense)..be HIS people..

As EZK 36:27:29 says..His NEW message will be that HE gives you a "new spirit" and puts HIS Spirit IN you..And HE saves you from YOUR sins..Boy XAN if THAT isn't the Christian message that has gone around the world as a blessing to all I don't know what is...!

So to find out WHO the lost sheep of Israel are...that Jesus himself said he came for..Just find out where the Gosple went first to be preached..AND that should be the PEOPLE who took the word of Christ around the globe..and THEY would be the Lost Sheep..as the sand of the sea in numbers too..NO small group like the Jews would fit the bill..!

Simple then...Who took the Bible around the world.??

The African peoples..? Maybe the Chinese (they are like the sand of the sea in numbers)..But they don't preach JESUS CHRIST..they have Buddah and Confucious ect ect ..PLUS the Gosple was taken TO them..so their out..!

So who's left..?  The Indians of North and South America..?

Nah..they had the Gosple brought to them also PLUS most were whipped out and their numbers are small....

Arabs..?? No they stil don't believe in Jesus Christ OR have his spirit IN them..So who then..?

What about where PAUL first began to preach..?

Toward Western Europe..!

Bingo..!

"Because they (the lost sheep of the house of Israel)..were the ones who would take HIS message around the world..Thus fulfilling the promise made to Abraham...in Gen 22:17:18.."

Gen 22:17,18 "Indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars in the heavens and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your seed shall possess the gate of their enemies.  In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed,..."  From Abraham's seed came Yeshua (Jesus).  If not for the obedience of the apostles, the promise would not have been fulfilled.

"But Xan here's a question to those who use the word's JEW and ISRAEL as meaning the same thing..!"

Rarely was there a time in history when the country of Judah and the country of Israel were the same.

"When have the Jews taken the message of Jesus Christ around the world to be a blessing to the whole world?"

Where does it say in scripture Israel or the Jews will take the message of salvation around the world to the whole world?

"Israel will no longer be worshipping as 'judah still does'.. Hosea 2:11 ALL the feasts would be done away with..and the sabbaths..new moons..etc etc!"

Your version must be totaly different from mine, because G-d

is mad at Israel for worshipping Baal, those are the feasts G-d did away with.

I'll post more later when I have time.

Guest EPHRIAM777
Quote: from Xan on 11:07 am on April 7, 2002

If not for the obedience of the apostles, the promise would not have been fulfilled.

Eph replies...

PAUL in particular..Who took the Gosple to where HE was directed by a vision..ACTS 16:8:9..Paul went into W. Europe..not east towards Asia..By order/direction he headed West..Following those who were "blown by an East wind" as JER 18:17 points out..An east wind blows you west XAN..

XAN asks..

Where does it say in scripture Israel or the Jews will take the message of salvation around the world to the whole world?

Eph replies..

GEN 18:19..Hold your finger on that page and turn also to GAL 3:6:9.....GAL 3:14..Those who are IN Christ are Abraham's seed..Abe was given the promise BEFORE while he was UNcircumcised XAN..before there were ever any "Jewish religion" around..GAL 4:28..

The Gosple of Jesus Christ is preached by Abraham's seed..

( unless you think Jesus isn't the Messiah)..and the Jews are right..Then Jesus is a lie and Judiasm is right..But they don't "preach" Judiasm to the world..

SOOOO..! They haven't been a blessing to the world..Christians have been (not because their perfect..their NOT..) ..but because THEY preach Jesus to a lost world..! And only for that reason..are they/we a blessing to the world..!

See Xan it can't be both Jewish and Christian..It's gotta be either or..AND no "middle ground safe place fence sitting" called "messianic jews" who just mish mash the 2 into one and claim it's WHAT..? Certainly not Christian..So who knows..!

XAN says..

Your version must be totaly different from mine, because G-d

is mad at Israel for worshipping Baal, those are the feasts G-d did away with.

LOL  Eph writes..

You are aware that their are 2 houses right..one called the House of Israel..the other called House of Judah..ISRAEL was put away..not Judah..Thats why the Jews still practice the OLD ways..

Israel doesn't..HOSEA 2:11 says "sabbaths..not pagan worship days...FEAST DAYS aren't speaking of pagan feast days..It's speaking of the passover..and the feast of the trumpets...the feast of tabernacles..ect ect ect ..NEW MOONS was how ALL Israel kept the days..

JER 3:16 isn't speaking of pagan things either XAN...unless you think the "ARK of the Covenant" was pagan in some way..?

I'll post more later when I have time.

Eph writes...

I'm sure you will...Since this is old news for you and me..but for the sake of others who may be intrested....Would you like me to show you where the "return to Israel" theology taught by alot of "messianics" is misguided..???

There isn't gonna be ANY return by "Christians" or "Gentiles" to live in Israel ( the country )..At least en mass (George excluded)..because it isn't part of the LORD'S plan..till AFTER he returns..!

It IS part of the Messianic's plan to "help God along"..Kinda like how Abraham tried to "help" God along by jumpin into that tent with Hagar..??

XAN...I'm pulling for ya buddy..Keep bouncing the tuff questions off me..OK..

I'm still on your original post, please give me time to catch up.  I work full time, and I am a wife and mom, so understand my time is limited.

You spoke of Jeremiah 3 as being proof Judaism will no longer be practiced: " 'It shall be in those days when you are multiplied and increased in the land,' declares the

L-rd, 'they shall say no more, 'The ark of the covenant of the L-rd.'  And it shall not come to mind, nor shall they remember it, nor shall they miss it, nor shall it be made again.  At that time they shall call Jerusalem 'The Throne of the L-rd,' and all the nations will be gathered to it, to Jerusalem...In those days the house of Judah will walk with the house of Israel, and they will come together..."  

What do you think the passage means when it says, "At that time"?   We know Israel and Judah have not yet joined together and worshipped the L-rd in Jerusalem since the days of Solomon.  This passage is talking about the second coming of the Messiah.  That is when He will gather all His people together in Jerusalem.  When He comes, there will be no need for the Ark of the Covenant, because our L-rd will dwell with us.

You try to make a case for Israel spreading the gospel, actually, Gentile Christians have been spreading the truth of the gospel, but salvation came from Yeshua, Lion of Judah, root of Jesse.  There is even a passage where Yeshua tells an Israeli woman salvation comes from the Jews.  John 4:22- "You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews."

Now I am going to start with your next post:

Xan- "Where does it say in scripture Israel or the Jews will take the message of salvation around the world to the whole world?"

Eph condescends- "Gen 18:19..Hold your finger on that page and turn also to GAL 3:6:9...GAL 3:14..Those who are IN Christ are Abraham's seed..Abe was given the promise BEFORE while he was UNcircumcised XAN..before there was ever any "Jewish religion" around..GAL 4:28.."

Eph, I know that.  As I have pointed out above, salvation came through the Messiah, and most of the gospel teaching has come from Gentile Christians, not Israelis.  We are all Abraham's seed.

Let's go back to Hosea:

"For she does not know that it was I who gave her the grain, the new wine, and the oil, and lavished on her silver and gold, which they used for Baal.  Therefore, I will take back My grain at harvest time and My new wine in its season. I will also take away My wool and My flax given to cover her nakedness.  And then I will uncover her lewdness in the sight of her lovers, and no one will resue her out of My hand.  I will also put an end to her gaiety, her feasts, her new moons, her sabbaths, and all her festival assemblies.  I will destroy her vines and fig trees, of which she said, 'These are my wages which my lovers have given me'."

Whatever belonged to G-d, He called them His, whatever belonged to Baal and other gods, He called them hers (Israel's), given to her by the other gods.  He said He would take away her gaiety, her festivals, these were never G-d's appointed feasts Hosea had mentioned, but festivals, holidays and sabbaths belonging to other religions.

"There isn't going to be ANY return by 'Christians' or 'Gentiles' to live in Israel...At least en mass... because it isn't part of the Lord's plan..till after He returns..!"

I know that, never said contrary.

"It IS part of the Messianic's plan to 'help God along'..Kinda like how Abraham tried to 'help' God along by jumping into that tent with Hagar..?"

Are you asking or telling me?  I'm asking because you made a statement, then ended with a question mark.  In what way are we trying to "help God along"?