traveller

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

Does anyone wonder why a thread from over 15 years ago was resurrected???

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

Think a little while -  why was Jesus resurrected ?  (and how long ago) :)

2 hours ago, BacKaran said:

Blind pagans even nice ones or family members will never"get" Gods Truth no matter how many different ways they hear it....

God's Hood ! :)  .......   (Ekklesia/ Family/ Children/ Neighborhood ) WONDERFUL YES !

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Sorry I don't see the point in digging up old threads.....if I want to make a point I will start my own.

23 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Sorry I don't see the point in digging up old threads.....if I want to make a point I will start my own.

I have not noticed you starting good, helpful, edifying , Scriptural, threads about truth.  Perhaps you have,  perhaps you have not - I have not noticed.

This morning,  before I posted the older thread,  I looked for edifying threads,  Scriptural,  in truth, 

and there were not many, if any, so I broadened my search to older threads, to find one edifying, Scriptural,  TRUTH,

that might help someone reading.

I am not here to make a point,  not my own point anyway - for HIS(our SAVIOR JESUS) PURPOSE ONLY,  I LIVE....  and breathe,  and have my being....  HE IS MY ALL AND ALL,  so only what is from Him, and in Him,  and for Him,  is to be accomplished.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, MorningGlory said:

Yes, I did and said as much awhile ago. 

By the way? Why does the thread title credit refer to traveller but the first post is Guest Xan?

Guest Xan

• Guest Xan
  • Guests

Does anyone know why Jesus told the Caananite woman that He was only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel and called her a dog, not fit to eat the children's bread, or something like that.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

You're comparing this zombie thread to the resurrection of Christ? 

31 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

I have not noticed you starting good, helpful, edifying , Scriptural, threads about truth.  Perhaps you have,  perhaps you have not - I have not noticed.

This morning,  before I posted the older thread,  I looked for edifying threads,  Scriptural,  in truth, 

and there were not many, if any, so I broadened my search to older threads, to find one edifying, Scriptural,  TRUTH,

that might help someone reading.

I am not here to make a point,  not my own point anyway - for HIS(our SAVIOR JESUS) PURPOSE ONLY,  I LIVE....  and breathe,  and have my being....  HE IS MY ALL AND ALL,  so only what is from Him, and in Him,  and for Him,  is to be accomplished.

What have you contributed since resurrecting this thread that is edifying? Scriptural, and truth? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

On 2/25/2002 at 2:03 PM, Guest Xan said:

Does anyone know why Jesus told the Caananite woman that He was only sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel and called her a dog, not fit to eat the children's bread, or something like that.

My understanding is that they were in Samaria at the time, or the house of Israel.  Jesus was calling true believers in the Living God back from the idolatry and worshipping in the high places.  The Canaanites were part of the people that God had ordered to be exterminated because their practices were so evil, but the children of Jacob/Israel had failed to obey completely.  Jesus is the Messiah of the Jews and was sent to be their Near Kinsman Redeemer and pay their debt to free them from their slavery to sin after the fall of Adam. Then He is to set up an earthly kingdom of the house of David.   However, he found more faith among the Gentiles who came to Him than among his own people.  The Samaritans were despised by Judea because their religion became corrupted when they were displaced by the Assyrians. But the Canaanites were even more despised because their horrendously evil practices such as burning their children alive in Baal's arms and their sexual deviation.  They were to be completely destroyed because their sin was complete or full,  and God said it was time to destroy them and for the children of Israel to possess the land.

So for Jesus to give the time of day to a woman of that culture was unheard of.  He was not even supposed to speak to the woman at the well, let alone to a woman of Canaan.  She knew that her culture was condemned, and that she should not even be alive, but she still approached Jesus in her desperation and love for her daughter.  Jesus honored her humility, persistence and faith. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Did you notice that traveler has rejoined Worthy?  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2002 at 2:03 PM, Guest Xan said:

He didn't call her a dog, he used a parable, "Jesus responded, "It isn't right to take food from the children and throw it to the dogs. "Yes it is, Lord," she said. "Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master's table." Then Jesus said to her, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed at that moment." (Matthew 15:26-28). According to the actual translation of the dogs is puppy, "κυνάριον, ου, τό kynárion – properly, puppy, a diminutive of 2965 /kýōn ("dog"). (Strong's Greek). Jesus wasn't calling her a dog, he was talking about the relationship to God under the Law, Jews were Children of God, and other were considers Goyim and dogs because they didn't believe in One True God. It's in relationship to God, because most Canaanites didn't worship the LORD. Jesus is merely bringing up the relational barrier between Canaanites and God. Think about it like this, a child knows their parent (in this case God) very well and understands them, but a dog does not understand the parent (God). So Jesus is actually just describing the relational state of the Cananite, that they are like dogs who don't understand the True God, while the Israelites know the True God and are thus children (in closeness to Him). Make sense? 

But if you are going to consider the Canaanite Woman, how about the Samaritan Woman? 

The Samaritan Woman: 

"4 He had to go through Samaria on the way. Eventually he came to the Samaritan village of Sychar, near the field that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. Jacob’s well was there; and Jesus, tired from the long walk, sat wearily beside the well about noontime. Soon a Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, “Please give me a drink.” He was alone at the time because his disciples had gone into the village to buy some food.

The woman was surprised, for Jews refuse to have anything to do with Samaritans.[b] She said to Jesus, “You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan woman. Why are you asking me for a drink?”

10 Jesus replied, “If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water.”

11 “But sir, you don’t have a rope or a bucket,” she said, “and this well is very deep. Where would you get this living water? 12 And besides, do you think you’re greater than our ancestor Jacob, who gave us this well? How can you offer better water than he and his sons and his animals enjoyed?”

13 Jesus replied, “Anyone who drinks this water will soon become thirsty again. 14 But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.”

15 “Please, sir,” the woman said, “give me this water! Then I’ll never be thirsty again, and I won’t have to come here to get water.”

16 “Go and get your husband,” Jesus told her.

17 “I don’t have a husband,” the woman replied.

Jesus said, “You’re right! You don’t have a husband— 18 for you have had five husbands, and you aren’t even married to the man you’re living with now. You certainly spoke the truth!”

19 “Sir,” the woman said, “you must be a prophet. 20 So tell me, why is it that you Jews insist that Jerusalem is the only place of worship, while we Samaritans claim it is here at Mount Gerizim,[c] where our ancestors worshiped?”

21 Jesus replied, “Believe me, dear woman, the time is coming when it will no longer matter whether you worship the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans know very little about the one you worship, while we Jews know all about him, for salvation comes through the Jews. 23 But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way. 24 For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”

25 The woman said, “I know the Messiah is coming—the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”

26 Then Jesus told her, I am the Messiah!”[d]

27 Just then his disciples came back. They were shocked to find him talking to a woman, but none of them had the nerve to ask, “What do you want with her?” or “Why are you talking to her?” 28 The woman left her water jar beside the well and ran back to the village, telling everyone, 29 “Come and see a man who told me everything I ever did! Could he possibly be the Messiah?” 30 So the people came streaming from the village to see him.

31 Meanwhile, the disciples were urging Jesus, “Rabbi, eat something.”

32 But Jesus replied, “I have a kind of food you know nothing about.”

33 “Did someone bring him food while we were gone?” the disciples asked each other.

34 Then Jesus explained: “My nourishment comes from doing the will of God, who sent me, and from finishing his work. 35 You know the saying, ‘Four months between planting and harvest.’ But I say, wake up and look around. The fields are already ripe[e] for harvest. 36 The harvesters are paid good wages, and the fruit they harvest is people brought to eternal life. What joy awaits both the planter and the harvester alike! 37 You know the saying, ‘One plants and another harvests.’ And it’s true. 38 I sent you to harvest where you didn’t plant; others had already done the work, and now you will get to gather the harvest.” (John 4:1-34). 

Not only does Samartian Woman mention that Jesus shouldn't be talking to her, Jesus actually reveals to Her He is the Messiah directly. So to say Jesus is a Racist is a leap, because He shouldn't even have spoken to Samartian Woman. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor