• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Ummm.... you guys seem to think all prophecy is about the future. Try reading "I saw heaven opened" by Wilcox. He explains Revelation well. Read it without the assumptions of Pre-, Post, or A- millenialism.

Also..

1. Obama is not the Anti-Christ.

2. Nowhere in biblical prophecy is world government described.

3. Israel is no more significant than any other nation. It's re-establishment is not a precondition for the return of Christ or anything else in prophecy.

4. Stop concentrating on what is going to happen in the future and get on with being a christian NOW. Stop going on about Armageddon and start talking about Christ and the cross.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Ummm.... you guys seem to think all prophecy is about the future. Try reading "I saw heaven opened" by Wilcox. He explains Revelation well. Read it without the assumptions of Pre-, Post, or A- millenialism.

Also..

1. Obama is not the Anti-Christ.

2. Nowhere in biblical prophecy is world government described.

3. Israel is no more significant than any other nation. It's re-establishment is not a precondition for the return of Christ or anything else in prophecy.

4. Stop concentrating on what is going to happen in the future and get on with being a Christian NOW. Stop going on about Armageddon and start talking about Christ and the cross.

It seems that you are putting words into all of our mouths because I have never heard or seen anybody on Worthy post, give or state the belief that all prophecy is still yet to be fulfilled in the future.

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that reads, and they that hear the words of this prophecy and keep those things which are written therein for the time is at hand.

Your words are contrary to scripture and a false teaching. If God didn't want us to study and research the words that are written within the pages of this book of Revelation given to us by Jesus He would not have placed a blessing the doing just that.

Revelation 13:7-8 And it was given to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them and POWER was given him over ALL KINDREDS AND TONGUES AND NATIONS. AND ALL THAT DWELL UPON THE EARTH SHALL WORSHIP HIM WHOSE NAMES ARE NOT WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE OF THE LAMB SLAIN FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

Verse 12 And he exercised all of the power of the first beast before him and caused the EARTH AND THEM WHICH DWELL THEREIN (IE the earth) to worship the first beast whose deadly wound was healed.

Verses 16-17 And he caused ALL BOTH SMALL AND GREAT AND POOR, FREE AND BOND, to receive a mark in their right hand or in their foreheads. And that NO MAN MIGHT BUY OR SELL SAVE HE THAT HAD THE MARK OR THE NAME OF THE BEAST OR THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME.

Again your words are contrary to scripture. Verses 7-8 are telling us about a one world religion. Other wise the bible would not be talking about every single nation, and people on the entire earth.

Verses 16 and 17 are talking about a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT that will be USING A ONE WORLD CURRENCY that every single man woman and child in the world will be subject to. When verse 17 says "NO MAN MIGHT BUY OR SELL" the word of God is talking about every living person on the earth at the time of the implementation of the mark of the beast. Other wise the bible would not have used the word "ALL".

And for the last time. Your words are contrary to the word of God. Zechariah 12: 3 And in that day will I make JERUSALEM a burdensome stone for ALL PEOPLE: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces though ALL THE PEOPLE OF THE EARTH be gathered together against it.

This verse makes the capital of Israel, which makes Israel this single most talked about, controversial and burdensome nation on the earth. If Israel was so insignificant then why would that word of God tell us that ALL OF THE PEOPLE OF THE EARTH WILL BE GATHERED AGAINST IT in the future?

To day as we are speaking this prophecy is being fulfilled because every nation on earth is talking about Israel. When was the last time you read there was a week go by without Israel being mentioned in the news? NONE.

I do agree with you on Obama Hessian. Or is it the other way around?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  1

The tribulation will begin when the Cubs win the World Series :th_praying:

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I have asked this question in replies in other threads to no avail, but to know how someone interprets Revelation in its different events determines their stance on the rapture of the Church; pre, mid, or post tribulation.

To make sure you understand what I am asking, when does the seven years of tribulation start according to scripture. Please give scriptures or explanations of events with scripture to substantiate your views.

Just the facts folk and no arguments - We be brethren :noidea:

Thanks to all in Jesus' name - larry2

The answer is in the book Revelation as soon as the church age is over.

Rev 1:19 Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be after this,

http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video...opic=Revelation - [1990's]&SeriesOrder=2

give it a listen it will help you very much.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/08/1976

2 Thessalonians 2:3

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

It seems to me that this is exactly when the tribulations will start. Everything up to that point is the birthing pangs.

Now as for a time and date,,,,, Meh, no one except our Father in Heaven.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

It seems to me that this is exactly when the tribulations will start. Everything up to that point is the birthing pangs.

you would be mor informed if you listened to the study above rather than sticking to one or 2 verses.

The tribulation will begin when the Cubs win the World Series :24:

:(:laugh::24:

>>>>>()<<<<<

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

Amen!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  53
  • Birthday:  11/08/1976

you would be mor informed if you listened to the study above rather than sticking to one or 2 verses.

No doubt. However, I try to keep things as simple as possible. As it seems to me, this is the start, the rest is details on how it's going to unfold. The rest as you mention is a much deeper discussion thnt this topic warranted in my opinion.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  60

The witness in my spirit declares that when the Great Tribulation comes upon us, we all will be very surprised at how the events play out. And if I am still alive on planet Earth when it comes, I'm going to be looking for what the Father is doing. Tracking the AC may be a useful tool, but it won't be my food.

What an incredibly mature response, Neb. :24:

Really, it shows a depth of understanding in many areas.

And, as was already posted over a year ago earlier in this thread, the "tribulation" Jesus Himself spoke of (greek thlipsis - θλιψις) begins just after the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by the Prophet Daniel (whatever you believe *that* is :24: ).

Red Letter version --

Mark 13:14 "But when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION standing where it should not be" (let the reader understand)," then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains... 13:19 "For those days will be a time of tribulation [Greek thlipsis - θλιψις] such as has not occurred since the beginning of the creation which God created until now, and never will."

Matthew 24:15,16 "Therefore when you see the ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (let the reader understand) then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains... 24:21 "For then there will be a great tribulation [Greek thlipsis megas - θλιψις μεγαλη], such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will."

~Clay

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

One quarter of scripture, at the time of it's written, was prophetic.

I think you missed it, OneLight.

Scripture, by its very nature, IS prophecy. It means a message from God. Sometimes a message from God is about the future, and sometimes it isn't.