Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Not to cause a dispute, but Strong's Concordance, the book form, is for beginners. If you wish to dig deeper, one must look into the original meaning of the Hebrew or Greek word and how it was used at the time. Strong's is vague in comparison to other tools out there. I am not familiar with the download version you are talking of. Can you provide a link?

Strong's concordance in book form that I have has the Greek and Hebrew text in it. It's not just a concordance like what you find in the back of some bibles. The book I have is called "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible". It's the largest and thickest book I have and have used it since the early seventies. It's about 3 inches thick and the size of a standard piece of paper.

I don't remember where I got the download but just type in Strong's download and look for one that offers Strong's with Greek and Hebrew Lexicon.

This link is what it looks like. I think you'll see the link at the bottom.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/tran...louds&t=KJV

Another great study tool is a Theophilos download. It's an extensive tool that takes a little time to understand how to use it.

K

Yes, I have the Strong's concordance you are talking about. I also really like to use "The Complete Word Study Dictionary" for both the Old (Hebrew) and New (Greek) Testament. They get really deeper in to the meaning then Strong's does. When I am online, I use both BibleGateway to find the scripture I need, then BlueLetter to get the Strong's number, then I take out the books to dig deeper.

The dictionaries cost around $45 each, but are well worth it.

Anyway, we are off topic, sorry.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Not to cause a dispute, but Strong's Concordance, the book form, is for beginners. If you wish to dig deeper, one must look into the original meaning of the Hebrew or Greek word and how it was used at the time. Strong's is vague in comparison to other tools out there. I am not familiar with the download version you are talking of. Can you provide a link?

Strong's concordance in book form that I have has the Greek and Hebrew text in it. It's not just a concordance like what you find in the back of some bibles. The book I have is called "Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible". It's the largest and thickest book I have and have used it since the early seventies. It's about 3 inches thick and the size of a standard piece of paper.

I don't remember where I got the download but just type in Strong's download and look for one that offers Strong's with Greek and Hebrew Lexicon.

This link is what it looks like. I think you'll see the link at the bottom.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/search/tran...louds&t=KJV

Another great study tool is a Theophilos download. It's an extensive tool that takes a little time to understand how to use it.

K

Everybody here has the same ( Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible ) that you have. Unless you are using the N.I.V version of the Strong's which can and does result into some confusion between one and the other when two people are using both at the same time to talk about a single word or verse.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

Though the Strong's is a good study tool for the new student it is a shallow one at best for a more advanced student.

I can't agree with your statement. There is no better tool to understand God's Word than Strong's. It's for beginners as well as serious students. It gives you the meaning of every word in every verse. Thayers, Gesenius, and Brown-Driver-Briggs are all avaliable on the Strong's download that I have. Other books like Wuest word studies in the Greek New Testament, or William Barclay's daily study bible commentary all use a Greek interlinear type tool.

So when I refer to using Strong's, I use all the tools avaliable on it. I also have it in book form but these days we are blessed to have those resources avaliable on line.

These are some of the tools on Strong's

Strong's Concordance - King James Version:

Strong's Lexicon

(FULL Search by Strong's word number [e.g. 3091 Hebrew] OR English word!) Hebrew Greek

Condensed Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew Lexicon

OR Thayer's Greek Lexicon

(Search by Strong's word number [e.g. 2424 Greek])

Your making a big deal out of prophecy meaning "a message from God". Gesenius's says "the utterance of the Word of the Lord" or "specially something uttered by God".

In general terms, something uttered by God truly is a message from God. It's not something worth arguing about.

And your example about "clouds" simply reinforces the use of Strong's and the lexicions avaliable with it.

K

All I did was ask you where you got the info on the word "prophecy" and as it stands right now you still haven't shown me any scripture, bible dictionary or any other biblical research tool that proves what you are saying. If you had given me that proof in the first place I would have looked it up and this conversation would have been finished. But there is no such proof which is why you gave all those Strong's numbers.

All of the other stuff was in responce to all of those Strong's numbers you gave me so I looked up those word defenitions and found them to be something other then what we were talking about and no proof at all about the word prophecy as you have claimed.

I do know that I can make an assumption about scripture that is totally wrong and then search the web for a book or website or any number of things that will prove that I am right but in fact I would be way off.

Telling me that my example about the word "clouds" simply reinforces the use of the Strong's and the lexicons with it actually confirms the fact that the Strong's is LACKING. Because with out those other lexicons and dictionaries one would or might be mislead about the true meaning of certain words in certain scriptures.

Don't be angry or irritated. I asked you for proof and you couldn't provide it. No big deal and to prove it we don't have to talk about it any longer. OK?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

WOW!!! 27 pages of which I could not read all but got the ideas of many.

Larry 2 asked a simple question of "when the Tribulation begins" and it spawned (as usually does) a lot of response.

I see John in Revelations 6 revealing much. The seals 1-4 each represent actions already occurred or still occurring since there is no ending of each mentioned. My point is that they have been opened. Now the fifth seal event as far as "when" is not given so it could already have happened or may yet need to occur since it is in Heaven.

The sixth seal has not occurred for we have not seen the stars fall nor sun blackened etc.... Yet, these are the very same events Jesus describes in Matthew 24:29-30 which occurs "immediately After that Great Tribulation". So, one could say that the Great Tribulation by Jesus' own words in Matthew 24 occurs after the antichrist sets up an image to the "beast" in the Holy of Holies (Matt 24:15) creates his "mark" and ushers in the Great Tribulation.

Now when are the dead in Christ raised and the living in Christ caught up? After the events of the sixth seal. In Matthew 24:31 Jesus then sends the Angels to gather His elect. This agrees with John's vision of the seals in Revelation 7:1 and in 7:9, John for the first time sees a multitude no man can number in the throne room (remember that he gives an account of the throne room before and some during the opening of the seals). He is then told these are the rest (besides those under the alter killed for Christ's sake) of those who came through the Great Tribulation.

So what next?

The seventh and final seal which brings silence first .... then the Wrath of God.

The problem as I see it is people mix Great Tribulation up with Wrath period and neither are mentioned together nor as simultaneous events in The Word of God. The "time" period Daniel speaks of (three and half years) is cleary the events of antichrist and earth during the Wrath and not the Great Tribulation.

I do not see nor read any support of a specific time allotted to the Great Tribulation where antichrist and beast rule and torment and put to death Christians (which they will).

So Larry, The Great Tribulation will begin after antichrist sets up the image of the beast in the holy of holies in the New Temple which is not built as yet. But I see it coming soon as Obama and others pressure Israel into concessions so that they can then pressure the Palestianians and world of Islam to allow the building of the Temple next to the Mosque:

Revelation 11:1-2 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

I find it amazing that they have unearthed original foundations and evidence that the Temple of Solomon was actually off the side. They are still trying to fit how it laid out but, I believe it is clear if they just point the Outer Court to the Mosque, they will be able to build it as it was just not that Court or courtyard area.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

Yep, I agree with one thing RC just said.

Tribulation begins in Chapter 6 :P

LOL!!! and at which verse yod? :cool: