Larry 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

I agree on what you have brought forth in this statement by Josephus; I stand corrected as to whether or not he was a Christian. Thanks for bringing this out though what he said is not scripture.

Really?

Which part?

The

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on what you have brought forth in this statement by Josephus; I stand corrected as to whether or not he was a Christian. Thanks for bringing this out though what he said is not scripture.

Really?

Which part?

The

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  4,038
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

Quoting Blindseeker - Secondly, Daniel 9:27 never making a covenant, rather confirming one. When you confirm something you testify the validity of what already is covenanted.

Response by larry2 - Good point but again the "he" in Daniel 9:27 refers back to the "prince" whose people first destroy the city and the sanctuary, then confirms what covenant for a week?

You are applying rigid English principles of communication and ignoring the fact that the scripture were written in Hebrew which follows a different structure. The first four words

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

Now since there are 2300 days from the sacrifice being taken away, and the sacrifice being taken aways occurs 30 days prior to the seven years of tribulation which takes in consideration the 1290 days of Daniel 12:11. "And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days." This 1290 days are until the middle of the week. So the total days add up to 2550 days minus the 30 days prior to the tribulation equals 2520 days or the two halves of the tribulation. But then again taking into account the 2300 days starting from the time the sacrifice is taken away leaves us at a point 250 days prior to the end of the 2520 days. WOW - And then it gets deeper.

Just a little history . . .

Alexander the Great, the he goat of Daniel 8:5, entered the region between 334 -333 B.C. which 2300 years latter would place at 1966 -1967.

1967 was an important year inasmuch as the seven day war allowed Israel to regain control of the temple mount . . . .

Da 8:5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

The verses refer to antiochus epiphenes and not Alexander the Great. He did not enter nor defile the Temple.

And then in the middle of that week he causes the sacrifice and the oblation to cease. What middle of what week? Last of all since you believe this has already happened and that it id Christ causing these thing, will you then using your history assemble all the different prophesies concerning different times and days to our present time. For instance show me where the 2300 days of Daniel 8:11-14 fit. Next where the 1290 days of Daniel 12:11 are. How about the 2520 days of Daniel 9:27? The shortened days of Matthew 24:22. The 1260 day reign of the antichrist. The 1335 days of Daniel 12:12. When is that nation that is born in a day appear we read of in Isaiah 66:8.

You the one who started this thread . . . answer the questions place to you first. You cannot dismiss what has been but before you with a counter-question, you must address the questions or acknowledge you do not know.

Now since there are 2300 days from the sacrifice being taken away, and the sacrifice being taken aways occurs 30 days prior to the seven years of tribulation which takes in consideration the 1290 days of Daniel 12:11. "And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days." This 1290 days are until the middle of the week. So the total days add up to 2550 days minus the 30 days prior to the tribulation equals 2520 days or the two halves of the tribulation. But then again taking into account the 2300 days starting from the time the sacrifice is taken away leaves us at a point 250 days prior to the end of the 2520 days. WOW - And then it gets deeper.

Alexander the Great, the he goat of Daniel 8:5, entered the region between 334 -333 B.C. which 2300 years latter would place at 1966 -1967.

1967 was an important year inasmuch as the seven day war allowed Israel to regain control of the temple mount . . . .

Da 8:5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

The verses refer to antiochus epiphenes and not Alexander the Great. He did not enter nor defile the Temple.

Please support your assertion with scriptural or historical facts.

Plus, it would be interesting to see Larry refute you . . .

Quoting Blindseeker - Secondly, Daniel 9:27 never making a covenant, rather confirming one. When you confirm something you testify the validity of what already is covenanted.

Response by larry2 - Good point but again the "he" in Daniel 9:27 refers back to the "prince" whose people first destroy the city and the sanctuary, then confirms what covenant for a week?

You are applying rigid English principles of communication and ignoring the fact that the scripture were written in Hebrew which follows a different structure. The first four words

And then in the middle of that week he causes the sacrifice and the oblation to cease. What middle of what week? Last of all since you believe this has already happened and that it id Christ causing these thing, will you then using your history assemble all the different prophesies concerning different times and days to our present time. For instance show me where the 2300 days of Daniel 8:11-14 fit. Next where the 1290 days of Daniel 12:11 are. How about the 2520 days of Daniel 9:27? The shortened days of Matthew 24:22. The 1260 day reign of the antichrist. The 1335 days of Daniel 12:12. When is that nation that is born in a day appear we read of in Isaiah 66:8.

You the one who started this thread . . . answer the questions place to you first. You cannot dismiss what has been but before you with a counter-question, you must address the questions or acknowledge you do not know.

Response by larry2 - :thumbsup:I must address the questions? I'm not obligated to you in any manner except as a courtesy, nor are you obliged to answer me which it seems you have chosen to cease at this time. The purpose of this thread was "When does the seven years of tribulation start according to scripture. Please give scriptures or explanations of events with scripture to substantiate your views." If I cannot ask you questions pertaining to a statement you made, our discourse with one another is over and I will proceed without your input. I have tried to answer every question put to me.

You made this statement - Alexander the Great, the he goat of Daniel 8:5, entered the region between 334 -333 B.C. which 2300 years latter would place at 1966 -1967.

I responded with this - - Since you are applying these 2300 days to years and come to 1966 0r 1967, when did Daniel 8:11-13 become fulfilled at that time where we see the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden underfoot? And is this taking away of the daily sacrifice in Daniel 8:11 the start of the 2520 days? In other words is this the point of the start of the tribulation to you? One other thing, where do you see scripture showing that these 2300 days are to be counted as years such as the 70 weeks of Daniel 9:24? Was this question so complicated that you refused to take your turn at serving and play defence only? I haven't asked you to decipher an ink blot or something like that. Again the idea of this thread is to state what you believe with scripture. If what you say is true it seems you would be glad to back what you say with scripture, and also relate the different day, times and events to fit into your theory. I did that with my thinking of the tribulation as clear as I could make it.

Another question I asked you was - Last of all since you believe this has already happened and that it is Christ causing these things, will you then using your history assemble all the different prophesies concerning different times and days to our present time. For instance show me where the 2300 days of Daniel 8:11-14 fit. Next where the 1290 days of Daniel 12:11 are. How about the 2520 days of Daniel 9:27? The shortened days of Matthew 24:22. The 1260 day reign of the antichrist. The 1335 days of Daniel 12:12. When is that nation that is born in a day appear we read of in Isaiah 66:8. Is Jesus going to be the one causing the overspreading of abominations and making it desolate in Daniel 9:27?

Then turning to the book of Revelation when is that throne of Revelation 4:2 set? Who are the twenty-four elders, and the four beasts of Revelation Chapter 4? Who or what is Jesus' angel giving the Revelation of Jesus Christ to the Apostle John in Revelation 1:1? Who are the great multitude of Revelation Chapter, or the 12000 of each tribe of Israel sealed in that same chapter? Who is the star given the key to the bottomless pit in Revelation 9:1 and when does it happen? In Revelation 12:1 who is the woman that gives birth to the man child, and who is the man child? In Revelation 12:10 when is the accuser of our brethren cast down? Who are the 144000 with Jesus of Revelation 14:1 and how do they get to be with Jesus if there is no tribulation in the future, and Jesus is already dead and rose again?

Well if you'll answer those things with scripture, and identify them as to fitting in our present day as to their individual days, times, and events I'm anxious to see them. I believe you or someone said the sacrifice ended with Jesus' death on the cross, so all these different should be easy to trace out from that starting point which should be the midst of the week of Daniel 9:27 according to what I think you're saying. I look forward to your revealing of these things to me, and it might be easier taking one item at a time.

If you cannot answer these things concerning your beliefs, you seemingly do not know them, but I'll ask no more of you, or discuss it any further and thank you again for you participation to this point in Jesus' name - larry2

Edited by Larry 2

http://books.google.com/books?id=er1Ls6bSQ...1&ct=result

According to Josephus in his Antiquities of the Jews (Ant IX.326-39) it was reported that Jaddua the high Priest Greeted Alexander the Great with the book of Daniel and showed him the relevant passages proclaimimg that he was the Ram stated in the Book of Daniel. Alexander had a dream of the very same high priest coming to meet him went to worship Jehvah in the temple and spared Jerusalem from his invading armies..

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp...32&letter=J

High priest at the time of the Second Temple. According to Neh. xii. 11, his father's name was Jonathan, but according to verse 22 of the same chapter, it was Johanan. If both of these names are correct, and if Johanan was the son of Jonathan, or vice versa, Jaddua belonged to the sixth generation after Jeshua, the first high priest who returned from the Exile; but if "Jonathan" and "Johanan" refer to one person, then Jaddua was of the fifth generation. A certain Jaddus, son of Joannes, whose brother Manasseh married Sanballat's daughter, officiated at the time of Alexander the Great (Josephus, "Ant." xi. 7,