Larry 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

I have asked this question in replies in other threads to no avail, but to know how someone interprets Revelation in its different events determines their stance on the rapture of the Church; pre, mid, or post tribulation.

To make sure you understand what I am asking, when does the seven years of tribulation start according to scripture. Please give scriptures or explanations of events with scripture to substantiate your views.

Just the facts folk and no arguments - We be brethren :emot-hug:

Thanks to all in Jesus' name - larry2

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

As I understand it, the tribulation will begin 3.5 years after the treaty is signed. When THAT happens we cannot say.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

God has not opened my understanding on this subject clear enough to give an answer, so I do not. Instead, I see it important to be ready at all times. God has not promised me that I will be here for the rapture.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  3,993
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

I have asked this question in replies in other threads to no avail, but to know how someone interprets Revelation in its different events determines their stance on the rapture of the Church; pre, mid, or post tribulation.

To make sure you understand what I am asking, when does the seven years of tribulation start according to scripture. Please give scriptures or explanations of events with scripture to substantiate your views.

Just the facts folk and no arguments - We be brethren :emot-pray:

Thanks to all in Jesus' name - larry2

Since I do not subscribe to the 7 year theory I have nothing to submit . . . But I was hoping some would actually do this, "give scriptures or explanations of events with scripture to substantiate your views."

As I understand it, the tribulation will begin 3.5 years after the treaty is signed. When THAT happens we cannot say.

You are right in part brother. Daniel 9:27 says "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (That is 2520 days - the midst of that is the 1260 days or 3 1/2 years you mentioned): and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease. . . " This "he" in this verse pertains to but one, and that is the antichrist. The "And" at the beginning of the verse links the "he" in Verse 27 back to Verse Daniel 9:26 where we read that the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary, and of course that happened in A.D. 71. But now we are looking down to the time of the 1260 days of tribulation to come after the midst of the week known as the great tribulation (People have went through the first 3 1/2 years of the seven years known in Revelation 3:10 as the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth, but they ain't seen nothng yet. Here comes the second half of the tribulation.

But again we need a starting place of the original 2520 days in Revelation. Any ideas? We should be able to see where God is ready to pour out His judgment.

Thanks for you response in Jesus - larry2

I believe the tribulation is described in Revelation chapters 6-18. I believe that chapters 6-18 run simultaneous not chronological, I also believe the tribulation is 3.5 years long not 7 years long.

You might read the previous response I made to O'Dannyboy as to pertaining to the 3 1/2 years, but you are correct in saying that from Revelation Chapter 6 events are not chronological. Chapter 6 is somewhat of an index of the next chapters.

Thanks ezekiel33 in Jesus - larry2

God has not opened my understanding on this subject clear enough to give an answer, so I do not. Instead, I see it important to be ready at all times. God has not promised me that I will be here for the rapture.

Dear OneLight, the best part of what you said was "I see it important to be ready at all times." FresnoJoe said very much the same thing; "Come Quickly LORD Jesus, Come Quickly."

One of my previous pastors said "We are not told the exact day the Lord is going to come, but we should live every day as if He were going to come today." And that is so true.

Thanks in the name of Jesus - larry2

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  3,993
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

You are right in part brother. Daniel 9:27 says "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (That is 2520 days - the midst of that is the 1260 days or 3 1/2 years you mentioned): and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease. . . " This "he" in this verse pertains to but one, and that is the antichrist. The "And" at the beginning of the verse links the "he" in Verse 27 back to Verse Daniel 9:26 where we read that the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary, and of course that happened in A.D. 71. But now we are looking down to the time of the 1260 days of tribulation to come after the midst of the week known as the great tribulation (People have went through the first 3 1/2 years of the seven years known in Revelation 3:10 as the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth, but they ain't seen nothng yet. Here comes the second half of the tribulation.

But again we need a starting place of the original 2520 days in Revelation. Any ideas? We should be able to see where God is ready to pour out His judgment.

Thanks for you response in Jesus - larry2

What if your "he" is not the Antichrist?

What if your "he" is really "He . . . Messiah the Prince, the Christ?"

Can you prove any Hebrew distinction between "Prince" in verse 25 and "prince in verse 26?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

Jesus tells us in matthew 24: