Sign in to follow this  
jesussaves

daniel fast

Anyone have any favorite recipes you used

during the Daniel fast? I would love to have them.

"The Lord God is my strength, and He will make my feet like hinds feet,

and He will make me to walk upon my high places." Habakkuk 3:19

Oh! I did a Daniel fast years ago and really found that baked potatoes with mushrooms and onions on top were just the treat! I am thinking I should do it again, committing to prayer for revival in the Church in the world.

I heard of this years ago, but never did it. If I remember correctly it involves eating only vegetables and drinking water as well as much prayer. Is that correct? It sounds like something I should do. Can you give a little more detail about it?

<>< ><>

Nathele

Guest HIS girl

Vegetable soups are good too.

Guest shiloh357
Anyone have any favorite recipes you used

during the Daniel fast? I would love to have them.

Here is something really good and simple:

Take on head of Cauliflower, and break it up into popcorn-sized pieces and place 1/2 head of Cauliflower into two large plastic freezer bags, like Ziploc or whatever brand you have handy.

Place 1Tblsp. olive oil and 1 1/2 Tbsp. "Mrs. Dash" (which flavor you like) into the bags with the Cauliflower and shake'em up really good. Make sure the pieces are coated with the oil and seasonings.

Place the whole contents of both bags on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 1hr or until the pieces appear to be turning golden brown.

Just make sure that you to roast them too much. You just want the edges to get brown. They should be crispy and this as satisfying as popcorn and has just a little zip from the Mrs. Dash.

Do not do this in a pan that had sides on it. For some reason, that makes the whole thing soggy.

In the book of Daniel chapter 1 verse 12 Daniel decides not to eat any of the kings meat or wine

and asks only for pulse and water KJV. Other translations replace the word pulse for vegetables in general, but pulse itself is described in Websters as being leguminous.

Main Entry: 1pulse

Function: noun

Pronunciation: 'p&ls

Etymology: Middle English puls, from Old French pouls porridge, from Latin pult-, puls, probably from Greek poltos

: the edible seeds of various leguminous crops (as peas, beans, or lentils) ; also : a plant yielding pulse

The Daniel fast is one variation of a partial fast. I usually omit such danties as cakes pies

breads, fruits and all meats, usually eating only simple soups, lentils, beans and hot cereals.

I will drink most liquids except for those that are real treats like frappachinno's, shakes, cola's, etc..

I have never heard of this before. I know I'm a little remote . . . but I do try and stay in touch.. I love veggies, I could eat them all day long, but since I am at the top of the food chain I do appreciate a piece of fish, fowl or earth bound critter that has properly passed thru the fiery judgment.

Shiloh's recipe sound exquisite . . .

Good grief, I'm going to have to go and get something to eat now . . . :emot-hug:

Vegetable soups are good too.

I love soups . . . my skinny little petite wife is the meat and potato fiend. She will not eat soup no matter what . . . go figure.

I love salads, soups, veggies, natural breads, but she is the one that wants meat, meat, meat.

We once went to a restaurant and she order a chesse burger and fries and I order a chicken veggie pita wrap and when they brought it they set the cheese burger in front of me . . . now I do have some extra lbs . . . but she is the one who can't get enough red meat and potato. She eats as much as me and I am more than twice her size . . . uughhhhh!

I am going to go eat some cauliflower. . .

Sign in to follow this