IGNORED

Why do you believe and What has He done for you?

Guest Hello.

Guest Hello.

Hello, I'm new.

But, I was wondering why do you guys believe? And what has He done for you? What made you believe? You see, I'm a teenager and I've been going to church for a while. Ever since around 4 years old. My mom made me. But, even though I have been going to church I still have doubts. I went to retreats. And I seen miracles happen, but for some reason I still have some doubts. Like, why are their so many people in Africa with no food. Why did the Holocaust happen? And my dad, he doesn't go to church, but he believes. He says he's too busy. I know life is not supposed to be a paradise, but some things around the world is cruel. I always wonder, why does God let these things happen?

Thanks.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

First, Welcome to Worthy!

Head knowledge will not change you nor save you. It is the personal relationship one has with Jesus that saves. You have to believe and accept Him as your Lord and Savior. No church can save, no bible study can save, no amount of knowledge can save. Only a personal relationship with Him as your Lord and Savior saves.

Be Blessed,

OneLight

Hello, I'm new.

But, I was wondering why do you guys believe? And what has He done for you? What made you believe? You see, I'm a teenager and I've been going to church for a while. Ever since around 4 years old. My mom made me. But, even though I have been going to church I still have doubts. I went to retreats. And I seen miracles happen, but for some reason I still have some doubts. Like, why are their so many people in Africa with no food. Why did the Holocaust happen? And my dad, he doesn't go to church, but he believes. He says he's too busy. I know life is not supposed to be a paradise, but some things around the world is cruel. I always wonder, why does God let these things happen?

Thanks.

Hi,

God teaches us to search the scriptures and he will explain why everything happens.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

Praise the Lord....Welcome to Worthy

While it may be true that G-d allows things to happen, it is people that make them happen. Good or evil, we have been given free choice.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Faith is a choice. Choose to believe and He will make Himself known by you!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/21/1973

Hello!

You see that the world is in a sham, but this doesn't mean God doesn't care. It is all because of sin. However, God's offer of salvation is open to all who believe that Jesus is Lord. It is the conscious and sincere decision of the heart's surrender to God that makes the difference.

Without willingness, God cannot work holiness in a person's life. No amount of church-going, miracles and religious acts can change a person's perspective but the Holy Spirit of God. In short, only God's spirit can change the heart, but first, you must be willing to submit to that power.

Matthew 5:8 says "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."

This is not literal "seeing" but it is an awareness that God's hand is everywhere. When our hearts are focused on Jesus, we will see that whatever happens around, it is all in the purposes of God. One day, our surroundings will become perfect because sin will be no more.

It's a bit confusing if we want all the answers to come to us because they won't.

That is why we must have FAITH, believing that when our hearts are right toward God, and claim Him as Lord, He will never leave us nor forsake us.

:whistling:

• Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  09/09/1952

Questions are good as long as you are truly seeking answers. It has been said that to those who do not believe there are no amout of words to convince them, but to those who do believe, no amount of words can change their minds. I believe. I believe in Christ and what He did one the cross. What has He done for me? He purchased my redemption! He did what I do not have the ability to do. His blood covered my sins. What more could I ask of Him?

As far as the suffering in the world, too many people blame God for this. But the truth is God created paradise! A perfect world where there was not pain, suffering, or death. But Eve believed the lies of Satan and Adam chose to disobey God. That is when death entered the world. But even then, God had a plan. The Law He gave to the Israelites was the schoolmaster. Sin was exposed and sacrificing bulls and rams covered sin temporarily. But the only permanent solution to sin was if God Himself came into His creation and offered Himself as a "once for all" sacrifice. Christ is our sacrifice - fully human in order to be one of us, but fully God to be our full atonement for sin. All that we have to do is accept His sacrifice. Only I can accept Him for me, and only you can accept Him for you. Each person has to make their own choice.

But don't blame God for the suffering in the world. Blame Satan, Adam, and Eve.

Have you read your Bible? You should read the Gospel of John. Do you have a youth pastor at your church? I'm sure he would be happy to talk with you about your doubts and help you find some answers. We at Worthy are always happy to answer questions and help to you to find answers.

<>< ><>

Nathele

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/08/1954

Praise the Lord....Welcome to Worthy

While it may be true that G-d allows things to happen, it is people that make them happen. Good or evil, we have been given free choice.

There are times when God allows things to happen, and there are times when He wont allow things to progress as they are. Either way, He can take what we humans do to each other and turn them around to bring glory to His Name. People cause most of the bad things that happen to happen, whether because of carelessness, negligient acts, greed, jealously , hatred. Which for the most part is satans work in and through people. Even so, God can turn the bad into good and for His glory. He never promised that by following Him our lives would be easy and joyful all the time. Jesus did tell us that in this world we would have tribulation, but to be of good cheer, for He had already overcame the world.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  07/06/1961

Hello, I'm new.

Thanks.

My heart is always warmed when I hear young adults asking faith questions, looking for answers. I am far from a teen (teen xs 4) and struggling myself with a lot of the same questions that you present. All I can say is keep searching...keep looking to God and your church leaders for guidance in faith and understanding. I know in my younger years, I would continually read his word and find the answers and/or peace I sought. It is so hard right now to read his word...but I do it anyways, as I have to believe he will talk to me again, as he will you. You just have to be open. Bad things happen in this world and we may never know why they happen. I struggle with that...but for all the bad, perhaps God gives us strength to deal with the bad, and gives us opportunities to help others who are caught up in unfortunate situations

Take Care

:P

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

Hello, I'm new.

Thanks.

If one wants to please God one must have faith: "But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God MUST BELIEVE that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Heb. 11:6).

This is one sure way to please God. If God can be made happy and well pleased in such a simple way, why should not everyone one who loves Him put forth the utmost effort to have faith in Him? Not one of us would be pleased if our friends would constantly make us a liar every time we opened our mouths to say something. Not one of us would feel like doing anything for those who did this. The same is true with God. We should not insult God by questioning and doubting every promise He makes. How can we expect to get answers to prayers as long as we continue in such an attitude?

Faith is simple. It is believing God without waver, without doubting, and without questioning what He says. It is taking God at His Word and believing that what He has promised He is able to perform it. It is believing not only that He is able, but that He will do it. It is the quality of counting those things that be not as though they were (Rom. 4:17). Faith is also the absolute conviction that what God has promised and what we have asked for according to His Word is already done. It is the substance of things hoped for and the first payment on things that we desire from God (Heb. 11:1-3).

How do we get faith.

The way to get faith is by Hearing the Word of God (Rom. 10:17).

The way to use faith is to take God at His Word and count Him faithful in granting what is asked in the name of Jesus. Ask and then believe that it is done. Thank God for it as if it were already done. Expect the complete answer whether you see it at once or not.

Forget symptoms, feelings, impossibilities,or anything to the contrary and it shall be done regardless of how impossible it may appear outwardly. Faith leaves all results and all answers with God as being God's part, and faith believes that it is done. Our part then is to co-operate with God through faith and not hinder its working by doubting and questioning the how and when of the answer.

If a Christian will truly exercise faith that he knows is necessary, there will be no question as to the answer. One can get healing, health, success in business or in any undertaking, prosperity, happiness or anything that one to be victorious in any phase of life (Matt. 17:20; 21:22; Mark 11:22-24; John 15:7, 16; Rom. 8:32; Heb. 11:6; James 1:5-8).

Faith is not only a natural ability or exercise of a created faculty of man, but it is a fruit of the Spirit and a gift from God (Gal. 5:22-23; 1 Cor. 12:4-11).

Also, God is not the author of sin, sickness, nor confusion. "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints" (1 Cor. 14:33). I will provide Scriptures to back up what I say for people to make up their own minds. God knows His Plan For Man from beginning to the end, not the individual conformity to it by free moral agents.

It is left up to each person to choose His own destiny. God wills all men to be saved but if man does not choose to be saved that is his responsibility (1 Tim. 2:4; 2 Pet. 3:9; John 3:16; Rev. 22:17).

God searches the hearts of men. If a mans heart is right with God He often winks at small indescressions (Read Acts 17:30), "And the times of this ignorance God winked at (or overlooked); but now commandeth ALL MEN EVERYWHERE to REPENT" (Acts 17:30).

Several times in Scripture God Himself said of certain events that they DID NOT COME INTO HIS MIND (Jer. 19:5; 32:35; 44:21).

God DID NOT KNOW BEFOREHAND that men would become so wicked. It repented Him that He had made man! It grieved Him at His heart! (Gen. 6:5-7), that they would plan Babel (Gen. 11:5-7); that Sodom would be so wicked He went there Himself to see if it was true according to the report of it which was given to Him (Gen. 18:21). He said, "If I find fifty righteous within the city in verse 26. Why make this statement if He already knew? (Gen. 18:26-32). God did not know whether it would take one or two or three signes to make Israel believe Him (Ex.4:1-12); or whether testing Israel would cause them to obey Him or not (Deut. 8:2, 16). Goid did not know that Israel would backslide as far as it did (Deut. 32:19-29; Isa. 59:15-19).

God SEARCHES THE HEARTS to find whom He can bless (2 Chr. 16:9). He DISCOVERS deep things (Job. 12:22); He tries the hearts and reins of men so that He may know them (Ps. 7:9; 44:21; 139:1-6, 23-24; Jer. 17:10; 1 Chr. 28:9; Rom.8:27; 1 Cor. 2;10; Rev. 2:23), proving all men for the same reason (Ps. 17:3; 66:10; 81:7).

God goes Himself, or He sends messengers throughout the whole of His vast creations to find out for Him what He wants to know, the same as the head of any other organization would be likely to do, so that plans may be made and actions can be taken accordingly. Examples of such agency constantly reporting to God can be found in all these passages (Gen. 18:21-22; Dan. 10:13-21; 11:1; 12:1; Zech. 1:7-11; 6:1-8; Matt. 18:10-11; Heb. 1:14; 2:2; Rev. 1:1; 7:1-3; 8:2-13; 9:1; 14:6-20; 15:1-8; 16:1-21; 18:21; 22:6, 8-9, 16).

The 6,468 commands in the Bible regulating man as to his part in the eternal plan of God, and setting forth his responsibility to God and man, the 1,260 promises and blessings, rewards or loss of rewards, the hundreds, the hundreds of warnings, curses, blessings and dealings of God on the basis of conformity to His will. the 1,522 "IF'S" and the many hundreds of conditional requirements of God throughout Scripture are sufficient proof that God does not cause all acts and events by His own decrees, and are sufficient proof that He changes His own dealings with men as they conform or refuse to conform to His will. Such facts and many others make it clear that God does not know from all eternity what any one man will do, much less what different types and dispositions of men will do under various circumstances that are not yet present to deal with.

There is not one statement of Scripture in the entire Bible saying God knows or even would like to know all acts and particular events of all the vast creations of free moral agents from all eternity past; or that He has fixed decrees choosing and predestinating all thoughts, acts, and deeds of free wills from all eternity past to all eternity future. God's plan will not fail and it is known from the beginning to the end and what He plans to bring to bring to pass on Earth He has power to do, but concerning the free moral actions of free moral agents He does not know from all eternity what they will do before they are in existence and are here to have a part in His plan. He does not know which ones will be saved and which ones will be lost. He has made a plan for all to be saved alike and all who conform to His plan are blessed with the predestined blessings. Those who wilfully rebel will be cursed with the predestined punishments according to the plan. It is the plan that is known from beginning to the end, not the individual conformity to it by free moral agents. It is left up to each person to choose His own destiny. God wills all men to be saved but if man does not choose to be saved that is his responsibility (1 Tim. 2:4; 2 Pet. 3:9; John 3:16; Rev. 22:17).