IGNORED

Why do you believe and What has He done for you?

Guest Hello.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/01/1989

My grandma has had the most influence on me as a kid, and still does. She taught me about God and how Jesus died for me/us. I went to church with her many times.

I did stray and became lost when I was about 15. I've been struggling since. 

I was beaten by my mom, at 15 I was raped, I started to cut myself and was suicidal. I hated the world, I hated everyone and everything. I also hated God. As of today, I am ashamed. But no matter what, God was there even when I was telling him that I hated him. I blamed him for the way my life was. Now I know, it was all satan. And he almost had his way with me. 

God has done so much for me. He made me strong enough to stand when I'm being shoved. When I lose myself and fall, he gives me the strength to stand back up. He has wiped away every tear I shed. He healed my heart every time it was broken. He has been with me since I was born. I believe he has always held my hand.

Every since I was a little girl, I always imagined this one thing.... In my head, I'm a little girl, lost in the woods. I'm scared and lonely. But all of a sudden a man (Jesus) appears, grabs my hand and walks me out of the woods. I've thought about this so much that I dreamed of it. This dream helped so much. I do believe God gave me that dream. It gave me hope and faith. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Hello, I'm new.

But, I was wondering why do you guys believe? And what has He done for you? What made you believe? You see, I'm a teenager and I've been going to church for a while. Ever since around 4 years old. My mom made me. But, even though I have been going to church I still have doubts. I went to retreats. And I seen miracles happen, but for some reason I still have some doubts. Like, why are their so many people in Africa with no food. Why did the Holocaust happen? And my dad, he doesn't go to church, but he believes. He says he's too busy. I know life is not supposed to be a paradise, but some things around the world is cruel. I always wonder, why does God let these things happen?

Thanks.

Hi,

God teaches us to search the scriptures and he will explain why everything happens.

No, Jesus said to search the scriptures and you will find Him (John 5:39); the Bible is not Wikipedia.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/05/1965

first of all no one knows when or how they will die so that is why you have older people like 100 and new born babies hours old dying . it is written you have to ask god why . if people lived and lived this would be a way more populated world. second the holocaust, it is written about that the jews will be severly hated in revalation because jesus was born a jew. ok . and all thru time they have been a hated race . after ww2 it kind oif quit .

and what did jesus  or the lord do for me , he gave me my own angel . my mum said I had to have had a angel with me my life time because if I didn't she could not think why I lived through the stuff I was doing or never ended up in jail. god kept me out of harms way. and in 87 I quit doing street drugs and alcohol because of something that happened and god saved my life to come out of it.i was a pretty bad person in my teens and  my 20s but  god knew I would change and I did. it only took till the middle of my 40s to get back to him. ive been a Christian since I was 10 but I wandered for a long time like moses did in the desert. like job did when he got everything taken from him , I was tested and still am today. but im going to fight and take my lord over anyday

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi I'm new I'm a Christian not sure wat to do

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Welcome. Pray to God and He will tell you what to do. God Bless you!

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

Hello, I'm new.

But, I was wondering why do you guys believe?

Welcome Guest.  The reasons why people believe on the Lord Jesus Christ is because (a) every human being has void which only Christ can fill, (b) when sinners hear (or read) the true Gospel, they recognize that they need the Savior, © when sinners hear that those who do not believe will be eternally damned they choose eternal life, (d) the Holy Spirit convicts and convinces all sinners who hear the Gospel, (e) Christ is the only one who died for our sins and rose again for our justification.

And what has He done for you?

(a) God has saved me by His grace, © He keeps me by His power, (d) He gives me every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus, (d) He speaks to me through His Word and by His Spirit, (e) He showers countless blessings on me and on all those who believe.

You see, I'm a teenager and I've been going to church for a while. Ever since around 4 years old. My mom made me. But, even though I have been going to church I still have doubts. I went to retreats. And I seen miracles happen, but for some reason I still have some doubts.

The real issue is have you been reading and studying God's Word seriously?  Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God, so if you have doubts, your first priority is to set aside time every day to read as well as study the Holy Bible. God's Word is food for your soul and life for your spirit.  It is a living Word (Heb 4:12,13).

Like, why are their so many people in Africa with no food. Why did the Holocaust happen? And my dad, he doesn't go to church, but he believes. He says he's too busy. I know life is not supposed to be a paradise, but some things around the world is cruel. I always wonder, why does God let these things happen?

God will not give us answers to all of our questions. But that does not mean that the majority of questions do not have answers.  But He has definitely given us one clear answer to the question "What must I do to be saved?"  The answer is "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved..." (Acts 16:30,31).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

Just saw your post, bill.  First thing, are you saved?  Do you mean you don't know what to do as a believer or what to do on this forum?  Either way, we will help you out.  Welcome to Worthy!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Hello bill , welcome to Worthy , you may be better off ,going to the welcome site, I wish I knew enough ,about computers, to send you post there, but anyway ,you are in the right place , for prayer ,for wisdom ,for friendship and so much more .

God bless you

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

bill yler said in post 105:

Do you mean you are a new Christian?

If so, after people become Christians, to help develop and keep up their relationship with God, they should pray to him every day, such as with the Lord's prayer (Matthew 6:9-13), praising and worshipping him (Revelation 4:11), confessing their sins to him (1 John 1:9), asking him for what they need today (Luke 11:3), and thanking him for everything which he has given them (Philippians 4:6). And throughout the day, they should immediately bring to him in prayer anything which they become worried about at anytime (Philippians 4:6-7).

They should also fellowship with other Christians every day (Hebrews 3:13, Hebrews 10:25), at least in some fashion (Matthew 18:20), such as on this forum, being exhorted by them and exhorting them in turn (Hebrews 3:13).

They also need to examine themselves to make sure they are truly in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5, Proverbs 28:26, Proverbs 14:12). The way to do this is to read every word of the Bible (Hebrews 4:12, Matthew 4:4), and see if they accept everything it teaches as having come from God (John 8:47; 2 Timothy 3:16). For just as a true faith will initially come from reading (or hearing) what the Bible teaches (Romans 10:17; 2 Timothy 3:15), so people can know they are remaining in the true faith if they continue to believe everything the Bible teaches came from God (John 8:31b; 2 Timothy 4:2-4; 1 Timothy 4:1, Mark 8:35-38).

In order to have any real relationship with Jesus, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19), most importantly people must believe the right things about Jesus (John 14:6-7): that he is God the Word made flesh (John 1:1,14), that he is the Christ (1 John 5:1; 1 John 2:22), and that he is the only begotten (only born) Son of God (John 3:16,36; 1 John 2:23), meaning he is the only person ever born without any human father (Luke 1:34-35). And people must believe Jesus lived a perfectly sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 2 Corinthians 5:21) and so could die on the Cross for people's sins and rise from the dead on the 3rd day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). He rose and will remain forever in an immortal flesh and bones human body (Luke 24:39; 2 John 1:7) as saved people's eternally-human high priest/mediator (1 Timothy 2:5, Hebrews 2:16-17, Hebrews 7:24-26).

Once people come into faith in Jesus, they must obey him, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit by repenting from their sins and getting water-immersion (burial) baptized into Jesus (Acts 2:38, Romans 6:3-5, Galatians 3:27). And they must partake of the divine flesh and blood of the bread and wine of communion (John 6:53, Matthew 26:26-28; 1 Corinthians 10:16; 1 Corinthians 11:27-30). And they can get hands laid on them to receive Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 8:17) and one or more of the Holy Spirit's wonderful Spiritual gifts (Acts 19:6; 1 Corinthians 12:8-10). Then, washed from their sins by water baptism (Acts 22:16), and empowered by the Holy Spirit within them (Acts 1:8, Ephesians 3:16), they must each and every day for the rest of their lives deny themselves, take up their crosses, and follow Jesus (Luke 9:23; 2 Corinthians 5:15), by continuing in the faith to the end (Hebrews 3:6,12,14, Hebrews 6:4-8, John 15:6; 2 Timothy 2:12), by repenting from every sin they commit (Hebrews 10:26-29; 1 Corinthians 9:27, Luke 12:45-46), and by doing to the end the particular spiritual works which he has given them as individuals to do (Mark 13:34, Romans 12:6-8, Titus 3:8).

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/05/1965

hi dear,

your forgetting alot of things. first off , your a sinner just like every person in the world. God knows this. you have to remember that.  the second thing is satan is lurking around every part of your brain trying to get in . and when you feel low , that the best time for him to strike.

and you gave into it. congrats , your a human. but your back and now and you climb out of that satanic lifestyle and glorify the lord.satan doesnt like that. but the Lord is there to welcome you backwith open arms.he welcomes you back into the fold.just stay with the winners okies . god bless you on your wonderful travel to reunite with him.